• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red coming to NA/Europe this year (3DS, Wii U, PS3, Vita)

Akito

Wut, not only a localization but also a multi platform announcement? Wii U? Vita? Bamco is on a roll, will buy.

Varth

Love the priorities in the trailer.

CATCH BUGS!
GO FISHING!

While you're at it, would you mind kicking Marine's ass and taking on huge dragons? Be a sweetie.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Every single game in the Unlimited series has made it to Europe. Hell even the 3DS port of Cruise which was divided in half just for the grateful European audience. They got an extra game card out of the deal.

It's clearly popular enough in Europe. Meanwhile the US only got Unlimited Adventure. 3 for 3 on more recent OP games though.

Dragun619

Whoa, Vita & PS3? And it's getting localized for EU?

Well, damn, Guess I'll be buying it whether they announce it for NA or not. Still, that's kinda a surprise. We didn't even get One Piece:pW 2 for the Vita.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, weird to see a JPN-exclusive game get ports for localizing. In any case, seeing as I'm getting back into the series thanks to Toonami, might check this out on Vita, assuming it doesn't spoil any arcs past Water 7 (though playing Pirate Warriors 2 pretty much told me "hey, these characters will appear later in the series", but that's really it).

wasnt this trademarked at the same time as the eerily similar J Stars Victory VS lke trademark

ahh he it is

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2013/10/could-j-stars-victory-one-piece-red-be-heading-to-europe/
Oh man, please let this be true. I forgot UWR was trademarked at the same time, so hopefully we'll learn what Awakened Legends Vs. will be soon.

Ohnonono

Hope it comes to NA, but I will import otherwise. Still want english PW2 for Vita. Have been so close to importing it but I just can't think it wont get here eventually.

K30t9PR.jpg

Really liking the boxart. From here.

That logo looks familiar, no?

Oh and getting it on vita.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wow, weird to see a JPN-exclusive game get ports for localizing. In any case, seeing as I'm getting back into the series thanks to Toonami, might check this out on Vita, assuming it doesn't spoil any arcs past Water 7 (though playing Pirate Warriors 2 pretty much told me "hey, these characters will appear later in the series", but that's really it).

This game will have a ton of character spoilers but unlike Pirate Warriors or Romance Dawn it'll probably have its own disconnected side story.

ReaperXL7

Never played any of these games, I'm not even that familiar with One Piece but the trailer looks really cool. I may have to import this for Vita, though I would prefer digital.

Any impressions of the series?

I'm also trying to find the best way to get into the show....but it looks like there is a fuck ton of episodes to go through.

Never played any of these games, I'm not even that familiar with One Piece but the trailer looks really cool. I may have to import this for Vita, though I would prefer digital.

I'm also trying to find the best way to get into the show....but it looks like there is a fuck ton of episodes to go through.

Adventure is rubbish. Still haven't gotten round to cruise myself.

Adventure and Cruise came out so long ago, it's hard to compare them as series. Cruise is great fun in my opinion. It's repetitive but has a nice open world and the main thing about it is that you're always evolving and always have tons to do.

Stop watching the anime and read the manga instead. Not only is the story and art better and more accurate, but it's also much faster-paced. Reading all manga chapters is at the very least three times faster than watching all the anime episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This game will have a ton of character spoilers but unlike Pirate Warriors or Romance Dawn it'll probably have its own disconnected side story.
Ahh, good. Yeah, I didn't read any of the character profiles because I figured they might discuss some arc spoilers. All I know is they exist & will appear later (& some muuucchhhh later with Toonami's speed) in the series.

Now I just wonder how Namco US will handle this, considering Romance Dawn got a limited physical release while the PW games were digital-only & we didn't even get the Vita version.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cruise is much more fun than Adventure though I don't mind adventure.

Kind of difficult to find for a reasonable price though on Wii. 3DS sure, but you need a method of playing PAL region 3DS games.

Puru

Aren't Bamco the guys who aren't even bothering releasing the vita version of that Gundam game? And now a game that wasn't even made for it actually comes? I... what?

Stop watching the anime and read the manga instead. Not only is the story and art better and more accurate, but it's also much faster-paced. Reading all manga chapters is at the very least three times faster than watching all the anime episodes.

Also the anime becomes slow as hell from about 270ish onwards because they got to close to the manga release-wise, and just terrible from about 340 onwards because to make sure that never happens again, they add in terrible filler everywhere, even canon arcs.

manga's defo the way to go.

Sylver

Banned
Nice!!!, Finally one One Piece game for Vita, now everybody buying this version to make Bamco realise Pirate Warriors 2.
Day one.

69wpm

Uh, what? Weird, very weird choice of platforms. I'm actually glad Bamco is realising this game in Europe, didn't expect it to come to PS3U and Vita though. Might have to look into it now.

bigmac996

I've got the Japanese version of this game, and it's not too bad. If you dig the Unlimited games then you'll like it. It's easily one of the best looking games on the 3ds too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Was hyped for 3DS version, but now I'll probably just get it on Vita.

Uh, what? Weird, very weird choice of platforms. I'm actually glad Bamco is realising this game in Europe, didn't expect it to come to PS3U and Vita though. Might have to look into it now.

That's considered a weird choice of platforms? Do tell what a non-weird choice of platforms is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It will likely at the very least see digital release in the US. It's free money when you already have English subtitles.

ReaperXL7

Wonder if this has any possibility of being a result of Shahids #JRPGVita drive. It does seem very strange how it worked out given Namcos general attitude towards the Vita...probably not of course but it would be interesting to know.

69wpm

That's considered a weird choice of platforms? Do tell what a non-weird choice of platforms is.

I didn't expect this game to get ported, at all. And looking at the multiplayer stuff, it seems the consoles get an inferior version so it's probably a quick and dirty job.

the way I see it, that domain is either for J Stars or JoJo bizarre game, and i'm pretty sure it's not for JoJo.

If that did happen. then Namco has clearly went insane with localizations (which I wouldn't complain about). First Jojo, then One Piece Romance Dawn, now One Piece Unlimited World Red. If that happens too, then my respect for Namco just went up.

I won't get my hopes up, but it is interesting to wonder.

Fbh

Wait it's comming for vita and Ps3?.

Damn I new those graphics in the trailer looked too good to be 3DS =(

BY2K

Membero Americo
So the trademark registration actually came true.

Could Awakened Legends Vs (J-Star Victory Vs) come true too!?

I'm surprised Namco remembers that the Vita exists.

Ehhhhhh...not even sure what platform I'll even care about.

I guess whatever non-digital product Namco decides to grace the US with, if they even bother releasing a retail version.

Top Bottom