• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

StreetsAhead
(03-14-2014, 05:53 AM)
In Japan & Europe, for free via download.

Can only assume a Western announcement is coming.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/444333421389574145

Wii Uダウンロードソフト『Wii Sports Club』更新データの配信を開始しました。ゴルフに9つの新ホールが加わります。インターネットに接続したWii Uで本ソフトを起動すると更新データをダウンロードできます

The update adds 9 new holes, bringing the total number of playable holes to 27.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/awsj/golf/index.html

Incidentally, Wii Sports Club is having a 'free' period between March 21st and 23rd.

More here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/20140321/index.html

Also NA:

REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Spring is almost here! As the cold weather slowly creeps away, welcome the new season by tossing away the blanket and hopping off the couch to play Wii Sports Club. Starting on March 21 at 9 a.m. PT, Wii U owners can download and play the Wii Sports Club game for free until March 23 at 11:59 p.m. PT. This promotion includes free access to all three currently available sports (Wii Sports Club – Golf, Wii Sports Club – Bowling and Wii Sports Club – Tennis) and is open to all Wii U owners*, even those who have previously tried or have already downloaded Wii Sports Club. As an added bonus, the Resort Course, a new nine-hole course in Wii Sports Club – Golf that was originally featured in Wii Sports Resort, will be permanently added to the game via an update that is available today.

Wii Sports Club is a compilation of the sports from Wii Sports that features high-definition graphics, controls via Wii MotionPlus technology, immersive GamePad integration and an online multiplayer versus mode. In this mode, users with broadband Internet access can face off against other players all over the country online.

Players who want to keep playing after March 23 can purchase a Day Pass for $1.99 in the Nintendo eShop to play all available sports for a 24-hour period, or can buy a Club Pass that provides permanent access to individual sports for $9.99 each.

For more information about this promotion, visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers. For more information about Wii Sports Club, visit http://wiisportsclub.nintendo.com.

*To participate in this promotion, Wii U owners must have a broadband Internet connection, a Nintendo Network ID and the SpotPass feature enabled on their systems.

http://nintendoeverything.com/celebr...out-in-the-us/

Hole me if old.
Last edited by StreetsAhead; 03-14-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Europe live
L Thammy
(03-14-2014, 05:55 AM)
Hopefully this isn't the only Resort content to appear.

Seems pretty cool, though, wasn't the limited number of courses the big complaint people had?
Tathanen
Get Inside Her!
(03-14-2014, 05:56 AM)
Whoa there's some nice lighting and water in those tiny little screens, that looks nothing like the Wii Sports Club golf I've seen.
tapedeck
Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
(03-14-2014, 05:57 AM)
I forgot that I own this game.
Glass Joe
(03-14-2014, 05:57 AM)
I was wondering why the Wii Sports Club Miiverse was bumped back up to the top. It made me check out the shop to no avail to see if Baseball or something was added. Nice to see them add some content, I never got around to trying Golf myself.
evilromero
(03-14-2014, 05:58 AM)
I'm waiting for baseball before I get the package. Hopefully there's a discount.
Squirrel Killer
(03-14-2014, 06:05 AM)

Originally Posted by StreetsAhead

The update adds 9 new holes, bringing the total number of playable courses to 27.

It had 26.5 playable courses before?
LOCK
Nice, but I'm ready for more sports.
StreetsAhead

Originally Posted by L Thammy

If the initial run successful, I hope they add in all the resort content.

I'm waiting for baseball before I get the package. Hopefully there's a discount.

I can imagine there might be. There may even be a retail release; even NES Remix 1 & 2 are getting one in Japan.

It had 26.5 playable courses before?

Whoops, thanks for correcting. Sloppy with my golf terminology.
jmizzal
(03-14-2014, 06:06 AM)
Baseball season is bout to start, hope we get Wii Sports Club baseball this month
Dash Kappei
Not actually that important
(03-14-2014, 06:08 AM)
Oh shit this is huuuuge!
Now bring back Bow with online play (where lag won't even matter!) and Table Tennis from Resort.
Please, so I can just ditch WS:Resort.
Gaiaknight
(03-14-2014, 08:28 AM)
thats awesome, hopefully we get this update here soon.
cyberheater
PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 XBOX PS4 PS4
(03-14-2014, 08:33 AM)

Incidentally, Wii Sports Club is having a 'free' period between March 21st and 23rd.

If they halved the price. I'd think about it.
Ushojax
Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
(03-14-2014, 08:38 AM)
They need to add some of the actual games from Resort. Jetski, Table Tennis and Canoeing please.
MarkusRJR
As a basic Wii U owner I hope they make a disc release eventually once all the sports are released for it.
soxinthebox
Assuming those holes would be free DLC?
StreetsAhead
(03-14-2014, 08:41 AM)

Originally Posted by soxinthebox

Assuming those holes would be free DLC?

Seems like it, yeah.
fredrancour
(03-14-2014, 08:44 AM)
It's pretty cool that they're doing this as a free update. Hopefully they add completely new holes over time.
Mushroomer25
(03-14-2014, 08:47 AM)
Ooh. That actually might get me to open Wii Sports Club. Does it have Frisbee golf?
StreetsAhead
(03-14-2014, 08:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Mushroomer25

Ooh. That actually might get me to open Wii Sports Club. Does it have Frisbee golf?

It only has golf, tennis, and bowling with announced plans to add boxing and baseball. No plans for the Wii Sports Resort games to be released have been announced, but the fact they're adding Resort's golf holes gives me hope we may eventually see them.
PrimeX
(03-14-2014, 09:07 AM)
Is the lag gone? Tried tenis when the game was released but it was horrid.
PJFJosh
(03-14-2014, 12:48 PM)
I want this as a retail release. Still very uncomfortable with downloading significant content on a Nintendo system
PotionBleue
(03-14-2014, 12:51 PM)

Originally Posted by PJFJosh

I want this as a retail release. Still very uncomfortable with downloading significant content on a Nintendo system

Pretty sure it will happen eventually, even Iwata didn't deny the possibility. That's why I don't want to buy any sports at the moment.
Green Slime
(03-14-2014, 12:52 PM)
To me, this works well as a downloadable "platform", and I expect Resort games in 2015 to keep it going.
parathod
(03-14-2014, 01:16 PM)

Originally Posted by PotionBleue

Pretty sure it will happen eventually, even Iwata didn't deny the possibility. That's why I don't want to buy any sports at the moment.

Same here. I had a lot of fun with Golf in the trials, but I'm waiting till I'm absolutely sure there will be no disc version before buying any of them.
Kodaman
(03-14-2014, 01:28 PM)

Originally Posted by PrimeX

Yeah, lag in tennis at release was pretty bad... but that has been solved by now in my experience.

On topic... now we're talking ninty.
ramparter
(03-14-2014, 01:30 PM)

This.
StreetsAhead
(03-14-2014, 01:51 PM)
Damn, wrong thread.
Last edited by StreetsAhead; 03-14-2014 at 01:53 PM.
L~A
(03-14-2014, 01:52 PM)
Free trial is also for NA (and Europe, I take it).

Source

Even if it's not Yoshi, it continues the trend of new information being revealed daily since Diddy was revealed.

Err... wrong thread dude :p
neoemonk
(03-14-2014, 01:54 PM)
Do they have a package deal or anything? I don't want to buy each sport individually.
The Boat
(03-14-2014, 01:55 PM)
Curiously I just played some holes in Resort yesterday.
Zarovitch
(03-14-2014, 02:00 PM)

Originally Posted by PrimeX

I have less problem in Tennis and for golf since it's turn base there's no problem.
I need to play more golf.
L~A
(03-14-2014, 02:01 PM)

Originally Posted by The Boat

Curiously I just played some holes in Resort yesterday.

Try to play some Nintendo Land from now on, so that Nintendo will update it with some new mini-games/levels :p
Griss
(03-14-2014, 02:01 PM)
Wow, that makes a BIG difference.

Holes are everything in golf, different holes are what gives the game its character. So a 50% increase in holes for a ridiculously content free game is a big deal. They need more, but I didn't expect anything so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Looks like the WiiU is getting turned on for the first time in a month tonight.
AlphaTwo00
(03-14-2014, 02:09 PM)
As much as I liked Golf in the original, and like the idea that they are adding courses, I found the controls to be so much harder here that I didn't end up getting this after the trial.
nullset2
(03-14-2014, 02:10 PM)
Good, I'm ready for new holes. Let's do this. I'm open minded.
Kai Dracon
Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
(03-14-2014, 02:14 PM)
I really hope Wii Sports Club does well enough that they continue to port over the entire Wii Sports Resort library of events.

Though I suppose the investment in making online play viable for sword fighting might be outside the budget range for this product; dunno, maybe the Namco tech team would feel up to taking a crack at it.
anon_mastermind
(03-14-2014, 02:16 PM)
Nice, that was my major complaint: lack of holes. That, and being matched to noobs who don't know how to swing a club online.
SatoAilDarko
(03-14-2014, 02:17 PM)
This was one of my issues with golf in Sports Club. There were 9 new holes along with the original Wii Sports 9. That's exactly how many were in Wii Sports Resort golf which was 1/12 of a full-priced game.

It's good though that Nintendo at least did this obvious edition. Like others I'm waiting for a bundle deal. Doesn't need to be physical.
8bit
Knows the Score
(03-14-2014, 02:18 PM)

Originally Posted by AlphaTwo00

As much as I liked Golf in the original, and like the idea that they are adding courses, I found the controls to be so much harder here that I didn't end up getting this after the trial.

Yeah, the knockabout fun of Wii Sports Golf has now turned into difficult, fiddly torture.
Haines
Banned
(03-14-2014, 02:21 PM)
Nintendo slowly but surely sinking its teeth into online lol
-Setsuna-
(03-14-2014, 02:22 PM)
A pretty good news, but I have to admit that I'm absolutely terrible at this game...

Originally Posted by Griss

Looks like the WiiU is getting turned on for the first time in a month tonight.

You need to buy DK Tropical Freeze.
fred
(03-14-2014, 02:24 PM)
Great news. Am a bit annoyed though because I have a frozen shoulder that prevents me from being able to swing properly. :o(
dkeane
(03-14-2014, 02:32 PM)
Are the graphics nicer than the other holes? The screenshots makes it look great.
Look forward to playing after work.
elektrixx
Banned
(03-14-2014, 02:40 PM)
Mario Golf should've been on Wii U. Instead they wasted development time.
prag16
(03-14-2014, 02:42 PM)

Seems pretty cool, though, wasn't the limited number of courses the big complaint people had?

Yep. 27 holes is still weak, but it's better than 18. Hopefully they throw in more holes at some point (not expecting it though).
Exile20
(03-14-2014, 05:51 PM)
Can't wait to play this.
dkeane
(03-15-2014, 03:56 PM)
Graphics still look like garbage but the new holes are great. I love the challenge of this game.
The use of the gamepad is perfect. Can't believe no one has put out a new golf game with these mechanics.
rob305
(03-15-2014, 03:57 PM)

Originally Posted by elektrixx

Mario Golf should've been on Wii U. Instead they wasted development time.

This