• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Randdalf

Man, I sometimes really wish there was an option to turn off cosmetics. Or blacklist ones you don't like.
I wished the same in TF2

Dec

It's weird how the worst players are always the ones that ping non stop and calling gg during the first lost team fight.

Chris R

Man, I sometimes really wish there was an option to turn off cosmetics. Or blacklist ones you don't like.
I wished the same in TF2

You want Vanilla TF2.

So do I.

At least Volvo isn't ruining Dota2 yet with items that change the game.

Randdalf

You want Vanilla TF2.

So do I.

At least Volvo isn't ruining Dota2 yet with items that change the game.

Most of the Valve-made stuff is fine in TF2. I feel like they made a mistake with the Polycount contest, offering to add the 5 winning sets, because it ended up with an oversaturation of new weapons which didn't feel very unique or particularly different. But then community can't really make entirely new stuff like the Flare Gun (which when it came out was an entirely new class of weapon), because they base their weapons off of the existing ones. I still love TF2 as a game though.

Boken

Banned
i have a theory that valve releases shitty sets on purpose to give decent sets more "value"

i dont wanna live in dis kind of world.

shira

Of course Vestments of the Fallen Princess is the rare set...

Apparently you can't get duplicates from chests or something ruther.
zlf1EID.jpg

xanavi

Wait what. So it's effectively $12.50 for five sets? That would be interesting if not for the fact that most of these sets look like ass.

Well you could end up spending $2.50 and getting the one you want right off the bat. At least you won't get two of the ones that look like ass.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Apparently you can't get duplicates from chests or something ruther.
zlf1EID.jpg
Gotta take a look, but I think future single item chests will give multiple items, so its saying you would not receive more then one of the same item from a single key.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems Valve has dropped the "Special Mystery Item" pretense from chests and now just state its an unusual courier.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Heh, Valve tossed a small joke into the Schema that I like. They retroactively made it so all of the Summer 2012 chests would drop a Dragon Claw Hook as a bonus item.

There shouldn't be.

you can still buy the keys from the market

but did the chests expire?

so if someone happened to have some in their inventory...

Edit: And of course I change payment options the day I want to buy something from the market. Stupid me. Does anyone know if I change it back to the old one does it allow me to buy stuff from the market again?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Only two chests in the Drop pool now are the two new ones, unless you are in China, then the Treasure of Crystalline Chaos also drops for some arbitrary reason.

Also, you will always get a crafting recipe when you level up in addition to your normal drop.

Baha

Only two chests in the Drop pool now are the two new ones, unless you are in China, then the Treasure of Crystalline Chaos also drops for some arbitrary reason.

Also, you will always get a crafting recipe when you level up in addition to your normal drop.

Didn't get a crafting recipe when I leveled up after the patch.

Guys, I need dumb pubstomp builds like Dagon Lion and Blink/Triple Rapier/Daedalus Kunkka and Dagon anybody.

Is it bad that i haven't played in a month but I don't think there's been a day when I don't watch at least 1 game
I try to get in at least one game most days.

I really like that new chest. I opened the only one I had and got the Venge set and the LC set. Which were the only items I wanted out of it in the first place.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Didn't get a crafting recipe when I leveled up after the patch.

Ok, I think I'm reading part of the schema wrong then, I guess the system now only marks if you do or don't get an additional drop, not the actual odds.

I really wish Valve let us use the old Bone Lord set as an alternative style, I liked how the Crown looked on WK better.

Top Bottom