• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

chadskin
(03-21-2014, 03:18 PM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w71aaRbbn1g

Is it just me or does this give off a serious Silent Hill vibe? Can't effin wait for this to come out.

Oh, also info on limited edition and pre-order incentives for Europe:

We’re very happy to bring you some exciting news today, regarding Murdered: Soul Suspect. As you will have seen in our previous announcements, the game will be released this coming June, for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3 and Windows PC. In addition to the normal version of the game, we are very happy to now announce a LIMITED EDITION version for Europe!

In Europe, this Limited Edition version of the game (pictured below) will include a secret journal, used by Ronan and Joy to uncover leads about the murders terrorising the people of Salem. This collectable journal gives you special insight into the game, featuring details about the events in the story, as well as the killer, and includes special never-before-seen artwork. A great addition to any game collection, you won’t want to miss out on this one! This version will (as the name suggests) be available in very limited numbers, so make sure you pre-order it to guarantee your copy.

The Limited Edition version will also include a special Digital Strategy Map. There’s a lot to uncover in Salem, with this map you’ll get the low-down on all the game items, side quests and easter eggs that Salem has to offer within the game. The map will be accessible via computer or tablet, making it a perfect companion when you finally get hands-on with the game this June.

Last edited by chadskin; 03-21-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Tizoc
(03-21-2014, 03:20 PM)
Can't watch the video at work, but...are we expecting this to be a horror game? Because I would've prefered if it was more of a 'Ghost solves murder mysteries' kinda adventure game >_>;

Pre-order is up on Steam BTW, so GMG should have it on pre-order as well soon.
BakkaGames
(03-21-2014, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by chadskin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w71aaRbbn1g

Is it just me or does this give off a serious Silent Hill vibe? Can't effin wait for this to come out.

I think its just the feeling of the trailer. The other gameplay previews that i saw showed the game as a L.A. Noire-like, with a bit of action and puzzling.
Teasing_Pink
(03-21-2014, 03:23 PM)
I didn't really get much of a Silent Hill vibe myself. Ghost detective aside, it seemed way more grounded in reality. That looked really good though!
neuroned
(03-21-2014, 03:25 PM)
Does anyone know if that footage was from last-gen? I hope so, because otherwise...
Mr-Joker
Other people suffering isn't my problem and I don't care about it.
(03-21-2014, 03:27 PM)
I can't but help that Sqaure-Enix is sending this game to die since this is the first time I have heard of it and the game is due to be release at the same time as E3.

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Because I would've prefered if it was more of a 'Ghost solves murder mysteries' kinda adventure game >_>;.

That's what the game is, in fact you play as a detective investigating his murder.

Honestly I can't help but compare it to Ghost Trick.
georly
(03-21-2014, 03:31 PM)
If reviews are good, i'll pick this up. I love murder mysteries. If the crime solving is lame, then i'll pass.
Haunted
(03-21-2014, 03:32 PM)
Here's hoping this isn't the next Mindjack or Neverdead.
esterk
(03-21-2014, 03:41 PM)
This game looks a lot more intriguing than the first trailers let on. I'm looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay.
Tizoc
(03-21-2014, 03:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr-Joker

I can't but help that Sqaure-Enix is sending this game to die since this is the first time I have heard of it and the game is due to be release at the same time as E3.

There have been threads about this game during the past year, but a company usually focuses on 1 game at a time.[/quote]

That's what the game is, in fact you play as a detective investigating his murder.

Honestly I can't help but compare it to Ghost Trick.[/QUOTE]

Well so long as it doesn't have horror elements or is a horr game I'll be getting it =P
jimbobsmells
(03-21-2014, 03:43 PM)
I'm so waiting for reviews on this one.
Jarronimoe
(03-21-2014, 04:07 PM)
I don't have high expectations for it. I'd love to be wrong and it turns out amazing, because more good games.
OneEyeTwoHead
(03-21-2014, 04:11 PM)
I've never even heard of this game before, and I consider myself pretty hip to the gaming-sphere.
Ape
(03-21-2014, 04:13 PM)
PS4 is getting premium box real estate. Total change from last gen.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(03-21-2014, 04:20 PM)
So we'll also be investigating other murders as well as the main characters?

Oh hell yes.

That's exactly what I was hoping for and they've delivered. Now I really can't wait to play this, hoping the rest of them have as thick an atmosphere as the one in the trailer. Even if they don't, here's hoping they are at least challenging with lots of twists and turns.
NotTheGuyYouKill
(03-21-2014, 04:24 PM)
Could be interesting. Hope they nail it.
dramatis
(03-21-2014, 04:25 PM)

Originally Posted by esterk

This game looks a lot more intriguing than the first trailers let on. I'm looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay.

The initial reveals had a lot of gameplay, but I imagine it has changed a bit since then.

The video is gated by age and is 25 min long, so watch at your leisure.
Miles Quaritch
lemme stick dat Red Ring
(03-21-2014, 04:26 PM)

Originally Posted by NotTheGuyYouKill

Could be interesting. Hope they nail it.

Yeah, it'll ultimately come down to how well the investigative mechanics work. That'll make or break the game.

I'm hoping they've taken inspiration from Ghost Trick and Shadow of Memories.
TheSlySoul
Banned
(03-21-2014, 04:27 PM)
Looks really interesting. I cannot believe S-E is publishing it. Here is hoping it is as good as the preview. I love games where you have to solve a mystery.

Edit: Just saw the E3 preview. It really does seem like Silent Hill. Playing as a ghost is also a neat concept. I really liked Ghost Trick.
jonno394
(03-21-2014, 04:27 PM)
Colour me intrigued. Trailer looks good, will wait for reviews but i'm interested.
chadskin
(03-21-2014, 04:29 PM)

Originally Posted by TheSlySoul

Looks really interesting. I cannot believe S-E is publishing it. Here is hoping it is as good as the preview. I love games where you have to solve a mystery.

Not just any mystery, your "own" freaking death!
nel e nel
(03-21-2014, 04:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Can't watch the video at work, but...are we expecting this to be a horror game? Because I would've prefered if it was more of a 'Ghost solves murder mysteries' kinda adventure game >_>;

As has already been said upthread, that's pretty much what this game is. Adam Sessler did a preview video, and he said it's almost more like a point-and-click adventure game in many ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGCTLZ_4DZ0
Jarnet87
(03-21-2014, 04:33 PM)
Ronan McDoogle.
ratcliffja
(03-21-2014, 04:33 PM)
It looks great at E3 last year. I hope they pull it off because the concept is really cool.
Whompa
(03-21-2014, 04:34 PM)
Will this game be a sleeper hit or dead on arrival? Terrible puns intended.
Dawg
Might be a sleeper hit.
The_Monk
Thank you for posting this fellow GAFfer.

I'm really liking the vibe. Seems like a good game to be played during Autumn or near winter for me. Also really liking the art cover and that journal got me interested too. Plenty of interesting titles in 2014, at least for me, not to mention that I appreciate when they try new approaches, new stories and so on. Hoping for the best.
Jarnet87
(03-21-2014, 04:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Whompa

Will this game be a sleeper hit or dead on arrival? Terrible puns intended.

Can't wait to see what crazy expectations Enix had for it.
Acquiescence
(03-21-2014, 04:44 PM)
The game doesn't have much buzz, but at least it's coming out at a time when there's very little competition. I mean, what else is coming out for the PS4 during June, retail wise? There's always a summer drought, but now here's a summer drought with new consoles begging for games. That should work in favour of Soul Suspect.

I'll get this if the reviews are positive enough. Not expecting greatness, but I hope it's good at least. Love the premise.
tringworldso
(03-21-2014, 04:48 PM)
While the game might be criticized for a thing or two (the ghost stalking and pressing one button to kill them might get old) but I am expecting good things from it. Could definitely be the surprise hit of the year.
Lijik
(03-21-2014, 04:55 PM)
Hadnt heard of this game until this thread but its instantly on my radar.
Tomohawk
(03-21-2014, 04:58 PM)
Really intrigued by the mechanics of the game, hope the dev's pull through and make it good.
Whompa
(03-21-2014, 05:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Jarnet87

Can't wait to see what crazy expectations Enix had for it.

My call: 3 million in sales. I doubt this game will crack 500k in half a year.
SlasherJPC
(03-21-2014, 05:05 PM)
Really excited for this game! Looking good.
dreamfall
(03-21-2014, 07:33 PM)
I really want this game.

Everything I've seen from the initial reveal trailer has been utterly intriguing. I like the noir/detective/death angle the devs are spinning, I'm just hoping there are a lot of ways to creatively explore as you solve mysteries. I also hope that there are side cases/deaths to analyze, that contribute key pieces of evidence to solving the main character's death.

Consider me EXCITED!
chadskin
(03-22-2014, 05:20 AM)

Originally Posted by dreamfall

I also hope that there are side cases/deaths to analyze, that contribute key pieces of evidence to solving the main character's death.

Side cases/quests yes.

The Limited Edition version will also include a special Digital Strategy Map. There’s a lot to uncover in Salem, with this map you’ll get the low-down on all the game items, side quests and easter eggs that Salem has to offer within the game.

IIRC from some YT video I saw though, they're not related to the main character's death.
Tapejara
(03-22-2014, 05:33 AM)
Anyone know who's doing the voice of Joy? It's driving me nuts, but she sounds so familiar.
Shinta
Shilla
(03-22-2014, 05:34 AM)
How did this game land murdered.com?
Whompa
(03-22-2014, 05:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Shinta

Square Enix.
atr0cious
(03-22-2014, 05:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Shinta

Ja Rule is broke.
MyLifeIsALie
Banned
(03-22-2014, 05:52 AM)
i think im done buying cross gen games for now. Shit sucks
Buttonbasher
(03-22-2014, 06:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Tapejara

Anyone know who's doing the voice of Joy? It's driving me nuts, but she sounds so familiar.

I'm in the same boat. It does sound super familiar.
BeberMan
(03-22-2014, 06:32 AM)
Picking this up regardless of reviews, I just love murder mysteries and the trailer was indeed good!
puffyshirt
(03-22-2014, 06:47 AM)
This has tons of potential, but I'm waiting on reviews. My gut is telling me it's gonna be a pooper
Roubjon
(03-22-2014, 07:04 AM)
If this turns out to be well done I'll definitely buy it when I eventually get a PS4. I could use more adventure games.
Acquiescence
(03-24-2014, 11:45 AM)
Heads up UK GAF, the PS4 and Xbone versions are available to pre-order over the Square Enix store for £29.99. Could be very good value, depending on how the game turns out.

PS4 - https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eme...Suspect-EN.php
Xbox One - https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eme...Suspect-EN.php
Tizoc
(03-24-2014, 12:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Acquiescence

Heads up UK GAF, the PS4 and Xbone versions are available to pre-order over the Square Enix store for £29.99. Could be very good value, depending on how the game turns out.

PS4 - https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eme...Suspect-EN.php
Xbox One - https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eme...Suspect-EN.php

30 Pounds sounds good IMO, but I'm waiting for GMG to have it for pre-order so I can get it with some of my GMG credit >=3
MYE
Banned
(03-24-2014, 12:19 PM)
This looks great!
PS3 still giving me reasons not to give a shit about the PS4 lol <3
Callibretto
(03-24-2014, 12:21 PM)
what's the genre of this game again? is this really an investigation game? mostly looking clues and puzzle solving with little combat? the premise indeed remind me of ghost trick, but it's kinda hard to believe a big publishers are releasing adventure game like this.

I hope it's not the trailer misleading us by not showing any combat in the trailer at all.
sector4
(03-24-2014, 12:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Ape

PS4 is getting premium box real estate. Total change from last gen.

Top billing! Definitely a massive change.

I'm really excited for this game, my expectations are at bay though. I'm not expecting anything huge, but I am hoping it'll be an enjoyable story.