• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will Nintendo do at E3 2014?

Volotaire

Just to make my point clear:

In my opinion, Nintendo should start making multi-plattform-titles. Titles like Zelda, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Starwing (Starfox)... so titles which should be already available on Wii U, are still missing.

And yes, I can´t see a shiny future for Nintendo if they plan to hold on to an already dead system like the Wii U is. Mario Kart 8 will be great, but it won´t save the future of Nintendo or their "next-gen"-console Wii U :)

...this is just my opinion.

AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.

sinxtanx

Nintendo SHOULD announce hardware and software deliberately tailored to my personal interests and also outmatch the content output of the rest of the gaming industry or they're not gonna make it

OtaQ

Neo Member
IF nintendo ever goes 3rd party - games like F-Zero, Pilotwings and starwing are the least likely to ever get made again, as the fanbase/sales for those games are minimal.

As a first party, those are games that you make to broaden your software library and because a small part of the fanbase will follow whatever system those are announced on.

Only sony/microsoft fans who would buy a wii/wiiU for mario & zelda ONLY would benefit from a third party nintendo.

Okay, so please tell me you don´t want to see or play a NEXT-GEN-GRAPHICS F-Zero, Pilotwings, Starfox or Zelda?

I mean, these games used to be for hardcore-gamers, Metroid as well. So there is only a chance to sell them (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was sold not very good), if you release this kind of games on consoles which have the target audience.

Nintendo´s strength was in the games and not the hardware (except Wii und the handhelds). It´s a shame we still have NOT A SINGLE ONE of the games I mentioned on the Wii U...

...and no, I´m not a Big N hater, I was a Big N lover once (back in the 90s), but what they do with Wii U is just a shame, and makes me cry every week ;)

jonno394

My personal wishlist (a combination of things that will definitely be announced, and things that will probably never be)

Definites
- First footage of SMTxFE, Yarn Yoshi,
- More X, Zelda Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2.
- Big reveal for Zelda U (Winter 2015)

Maybes

- Announce loads of 3DS/Wii/Gamecube ports to fill in the blanks in the release schedule (Kid Icarus, Luigis Mansion, Eternal Darkness, Galaxy 1/2, Prime Trilogy) releasing Fall 2014 through to Summer 2015
- Metroid (Retro - Fall 2015),
- footage of Wii U Exclusive Smash Bros single player mode
- Bayonetta Coming to eshop

No chance but i'd like it

- F-Zero UX (EAD 1/Sumo joint - Winter 2015), Eternal Darkness 2 (Nintendo/Tecmo KOEI Fall 2015)
- New excusive Kamiya 3D adventure (spiritual successor to Okami)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
but what they do with Wii U is just a shame, and makes me cry every week ;)

I know not everyone is a fan of the price but if you put aside a bit of money every week I'm sure you'll be able to afford one sooner or later. Basically chin up.

E-phonk

Banned
I mean, these games used to be for hardcore-gamers, Metroid as well. So there is only a chance to sell them (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was sold not very good), if you release this kind of games on consoles which have the target audience.
I would say the target biggest audience for a zelda/metroid game is the nintendo fanbase - as they grew up with the respective NES/SNES/N64/GC/GB/GBA games.

But the "should nintendo go 3rd party" discussion has been done to dead. Imo it would be the end of nintendo as we know it.

Volotaire

My personal wishlist (a combination of things that will definitely be announced, and things that will probably never be)

Definites
- First footage of SMTxFE, Yarn Yoshi,
- More X, Zelda Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2.
- Big reveal for Zelda U (Winter 2015)

Maybes

- Announce loads of 3DS/Wii/Gamecube ports to fill in the blanks in the release schedule (Kid Icarus, Luigis Mansion, Eternal Darkness, Galaxy 1/2, Prime Trilogy) releasing Fall 2014 through to Summer 2015
- Metroid (Retro - Fall 2015),
- footage of Wii U Exclusive Smash Bros single player mode
- Bayonetta Coming to eshop

No chance but i'd like it

- F-Zero UX (EAD 1/Sumo joint - Winter 2015), Eternal Darkness 2 (Nintendo/Tecmo KOEI Fall 2015)
- New excusive Kamiya 3D adventure (spiritual successor to Okami)

That's a good point for Galaxy 1 and 2 HD/ Prime Trilogy. I feel there maybe more HD remasters so they can hold us over for more inevitable delays/droughts and because of the repeated words of the game in various Nintendo interviews.

OtaQ

Neo Member
I know not everyone is a fan of the price but if you put aside a bit of money every week I'm sure you'll be able to afford one sooner or later. Basically chin up.

Of the price? I don´t understand you... You already pay less for systems with stronger hardware (Xbox360 & PS3). So what is actually the point of the Wii U? The joypad/tablet which is also not used that good by the official side?

The games should be the main reason to buy it. I have all consoles at the moment, but the one I use the less, because of a lack of games is and will be the Wii U.

...I´m excited about Mario Kart 8, but that´s all and it´s not much.

OtaQ

Neo Member
I would say the target biggest audience for a zelda/metroid game is the nintendo fanbase - as they grew up with the respective NES/SNES/N64/GC/GB/GBA games.

Is it so? If yes, WHERE ARE THESE GAMES WE GROWN UP WITH NOW? When was the launch of Wii U and what do we have now?

But the "should nintendo go 3rd party" discussion has been done to dead. Imo it would be the end of nintendo as we know it.

Yep, it would be the end, but hopefully the beginning of something great. Back to the roots, back to the AMAZING GAMES with high-end-graphics! I don´t know how old you guys all are, but back in the days the first screenshots from the starting-lineup of the Super Nintendo was absolutely stunning! And later on Donkey Kong country, amazed once again totally.

Nintendo should be that company which makes Pixar-like graphics playable. Instead of this vision, they are into HD-Remakes and rereleasing the same games more and more.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
WHERE ARE THESE GAMES WE GROWN UP WITH NOW??

Mine are in a drawer since I never sold them off. May I recommend car boot sales, second hand stores or auction sites if you are looking for games you played when growing up.

Or with a Wii, 3DS or Wii U you have access to the virtual console where you can buy digital versions of some of these games.

Albo

I'm guessing this is our E3 thread this year then, before we start hopping around again.

We already got confirmed:

-Zelda U Reveal (EAD2)
-Zelda Hyrule Warriors (Techmo)
-Smash Bros. U/3DS (Namco/Sakauri)
-X (Monolith)
-Bayonetta 2 (Platinum)
-Yarn Yoshi (hopefully the'll reveal some new info) (Good Feel)

To announce (probable):

-Animal Crossing U (EAD 1) - Plaza finishes end of this year
-Metroid 3DS? (hints from Sakomoto currently signing stuff off)
-Pokemon Fighters/Wii U/ whatever that preview was last autumn/fall (Game Freak)
-EAD 4 has an unknown title after Pikmin 3 (already had delays to release)
-Nintendo's Integrated R&D - Quality of Life Related Materials
-Miyamoto's fabled' New IP' (I have doubts on this appearing )
-Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Intelligent Systems)
- Grezzo (Majoras Mask 3D)
-Monster Games?

Pretty much this is what I expect.

In regards to QOL reveal, would they really want to talk about it at a gaming enthusiast event? I think they'll have their own direct focused on that probably outside of the E3 period, or maybe even their own conference. I realise some of the more mainstream media that do coverage of E3 but it's going to be off putting for gamers if they have to sit through half an hour of QOL talk sandwiched between their zelda and smash footage.

Now that they have themed directs, they should have a separate direct to focus completely on QOL targeted at different audience (which will essentially be the wii crowd I think). Or maybe they just don't care how gamers feel. I don't remember much about their E3's from 2006-10 when they were heavy on targeting casual audience, but wasn't there a lot of casual wii games overage that most "gamers" were uninterested in?

Volotaire

Pretty much this is what I expect.

In regards to QOL reveal, would they really want to talk about it at a gaming enthusiast event? I think they'll have their own direct focused on that probably outside of the E3 period, or maybe even their own conference. I realise some of the more mainstream media that do coverage of E3 but it's going to be off putting for gamers if they have to sit through half an hour of QOL talk sandwiched between their zelda and smash footage.

Now that they have themed directs, they should have a separate direct to focus completely on QOL targeted at different audience (which will essentially be the wii crowd I think). Or maybe they just don't care how gamers feel. I don't remember much about their E3's from 2006-10 when they were heavy on targeting casual audience, but wasn't there a lot of casual wii games overage that most "gamers" were uninterested in?

It might not even be in a direct if they are not targeting they're current 'gaming enthusiast' consumers. Most 'casual' consumers, if not all will not be aware of Nintendo directs. We have no clue what on earth this thing entails, what audience it is for, if it is related to gaming, etc. A one off press conference/press release/ hands on at a tech consumer event might be more appropriate in this case.

On top of this, I have doubts on what Nintendo can bring to this 'platform' that other competitors have already brought to the table. This 'health related electronics 'sector will mean they have competitors such as Google (in the form of X Labs potentially), Sony, sports companies such as Nike, Microsoft , etc. Maybe they are hedging their bets on exclusive software to this platform to push whatever this is. But maybe I'm severely underestimating Nintendo's R&D efforts into this sector. The thing that strikes me as most interesting (and maybe their most competitive aspect) about their strategy is the 'non wearables'.

OtaQ

Neo Member
Mine are in a drawer since I never sold them off. May I recommend car boot sales, second hand stores or auction sites if you are looking for games you played when growing up.

Or with a Wii, 3DS or Wii U you have access to the virtual console where you can buy digital versions of some of these games.

You are so very funny... not..

You know this list here? -> Troll-List

You are number 4 on this list.

I want all the old good Nintendo-Trademarks back and I´m absolutely sure there are more people like me out there. Nintendo is not only about Mario and Pokemon. Most of the young people don´t even know the other titles/trademarks and this is really a shame.

E-phonk

Banned
Is it so? If yes, WHERE ARE THESE GAMES WE GROWN UP WITH NOW? When was the launch of Wii U and what do we have now?

I have a 3DS and a Wii U. Zelda Wind Waker, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8 are all bought/ordered.
I'm not going to list my 3DS games but let's say Zelda: A Link Between Worlds alone is worth the purchase for me, as a major addict of the SNES game.

I don´t know how old you guys all are
Owned an Atari - Commodore64 - NES - SNES - N64 - Playstation - Dreamcast - Gamecube - Playstation 3 - Wii - Wii U, a range of PC's capable of gaming from 1991-now and all nintendo handhelds.

Instead of this vision, they are into HD-Remakes and rereleasing the same games more and more.
Mario 3D World is one of the best mario releases yet imo. The general consensus afaik is that the current firstparty titles that are released are among their best output qualitywise.

And nintendo has done the least HD remakes of all companies yet. Personally I also don't know what you can have against an HD remake - it's great for those who loved the game and want to play it again with better graphics, and it's great for those who never played the game before.
I own a lot of HD remakes on my PS3 as I never had a playstation 2.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nintendo should be that company which makes Pixar-like graphics playable. Instead of this vision, they are into HD-Remakes and rereleasing the same games more and more.

EDGE's Super Mario 3D World review:

This is Mario like you’ve never seen him before, and unlike so many of his next-gen rivals, he nips along at an effortless 60fps. If the true measure of new hardware’s worth is how stark the difference is between it and what came before, then this is the most next-gen game that 2013 has yet produced.

Looking through Iwata's investor meeting in January, I found everything he said about E3:

We will showcase our detailed propositions for utilizing the NFC functionality at E3 in Los Angeles in June.

...that's it.

Although, I'm about 90% sure that Zelda was confirmed to be at E3. Is this true?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Looking through Iwata's investor meeting in January, I found everything he said about E3:

...that's it.

Although, I'm about 90% sure that Zelda was confirmed to be at E3. Is this true?

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/zelda-wii-u-info-coming-at-e3-2014

Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma has teased that more information on Wii U’s HD The Legend of Zelda will be headed our way next summer.

When asked by Mashable when we might hear more about Wii U’s original Zelda debut, Aonuma simply said, “I'll say more at E3 2014.”

RiggyRob

Advance Wars and Metroid for 3DS announced, extended look at SMT x FE and Yarn Yoshi, release dates for Smash, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and X (with real name).

I know that might be asking a lot but if even half of that happens I'll be happy. They won't be showing off their QOL stuff at this E3 will they?

Volotaire

Volotaire

Advance Wars and Metroid for 3DS announced, extended look at SMT x FE and Yarn Yoshi, release dates for Smash, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and X (with real name).

I know that's asking a lot but if even half of that happens I'll be happy. They won't be showing off their QOL stuff at this E3 will they?

I don't think they'll announce an Advance Wars since we've heard nothing on SMT x FE, and that will probably be a more involving title for Intelligent Systems since it's on Wii U. Although we still know nothing about it....

Although I'm unsure on Intelligent System's team size, and how involved Atlus are with the title.
EDIT: oops double post

RiggyRob

I don't think they'll announce an Advance Wars since we've heard nothing on SMT x FE, and that will probably be a more involving title for Intelligent Systems since it's on Wii U. Although we still know nothing about it....

Although I'm unsure on Intelligent System's team size, and how involved SMT's developer are with the title.
EDIT: oops double post

I thought Atlus were doing the bulk of the development and Intelligent Systems were supervising/helping, or is it the other way round?

Volotaire

I thought Atlus were doing the bulk of the development and Intelligent Systems were supervising/helping, or is it the other way round?

Trying to find something on this, but all I can find is both are jointly collaborating. I'll keep searching. And it's set in the modern world.

EDIT: I can't find any english sources to say Atlus are talking up the bulk of it. Maybe some Japanese gaffers can help out here if there are additional sources.

wsippel

Banned
I'm guessing this is our E3 thread this year then, before we start hopping around again.

We already got confirmed:

-Zelda U Reveal (EAD2)
-Zelda Hyrule Warriors (Techmo)
-Smash Bros. U/3DS (Namco/Sakauri)
-X (Monolith)
-Bayonetta 2 (Platinum)
-Yarn Yoshi (hopefully the'll reveal some new info) (Good Feel)

To announce (probable):

-Animal Crossing U (EAD 1) - Plaza finishes end of this year
-Metroid 3DS? (hints from Sakomoto currently signing stuff off)
-Pokemon Fighters/Wii U/ whatever that preview was last autumn/fall (Game Freak)
-EAD 4 has an unknown title after Pikmin 3 (already had delays to release)
-Nintendo's Integrated R&D - Quality of Life Related Materials
-Miyamoto's fabled' New IP' (I have doubts on this appearing )
-Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Intelligent Systems)
- Grezzo (Majoras Mask 3D)
-Monster Games?

Never

-EAD1 - Mario Kart 8 just finished
-EAD 5 just completed Wii Fit U, probably too early
-EAD Tokyo New Mario Game/IP (Way too early)
-SDP 1: They finished Tamdocahi Life last year and Game and Wario (Nin US will work on translation)
-Camelot : Just finished Mario Golf 3DS
-HAL (Just finished Kirby Tripe Deluxe)
-Retro (Just finished DK TP) - But do they have another smaller team?
-Alpha Dream - Finished Dream Team last year
-Next level games - Finished Luigi Mansion 2 last year, don't know if they're still working with Ninty

There's more teams but I think they're the main ones
They are. After Luigi's Mansion, they decided to exclusively work for Nintendo in the future. And SPD1, like all other SPD games, are usually working on several games at once, as they're mostly a design studio, with external partners doing the actual work. And EAD Tokyo 1 hasn't released a retail game in ages, I think they might have something to announce.

I wonder if they'll announce the app thing they were talking about a few months back? I assume if they decide to announce it, it'll be in the Direct and not on stage (if they're holding a press conference, that is).

RiggyRob

I wonder if they'll announce the app thing they were talking about a few months back? I assume if they decide to announce it, it'll be in the Direct and not on stage (if they're holding a press conference, that is).

Oh yeah, this reminds me - they should be showing off the summer update that allows you to quick launch the Wii U.

And get the damn eShop on the Web!

Volotaire

They are. After Luigi's Mansion, they decided to exclusively work for Nintendo in the future. And SPD1, like all other SPD games, are usually working on several games at once, as they're mostly a design studio, with external partners doing the actual work. And EAD Tokyo 1 hasn't released a retail game in ages, I think they might have something to announce.

That's a great acquisition for Nintendo (not in the literal sense). I'm wondering what Nintendo franchise they work on next. . There's great talent there.

EDIT: They have HD experience with Captain America. Hope they're working on something Wii U related.

Albo

It might not even be in a direct if they are not targeting they're current 'gaming enthusiast' consumers. Most 'casual' consumers, if not all will not be aware of Nintendo directs. We have no clue what on earth this thing entails, what audience it is for, if it is related to gaming, etc. A one off press conference/press release/ hands on at a tech consumer event might be more appropriate in this case.

On top of this, I have doubts on what Nintendo can bring to this 'platform' that other competitors have already brought to the table. This 'health related electronics 'sector will mean they have competitors such as Google (in the form of X Labs potentially), Sony, sports companies such as Nike, Microsoft , etc. Maybe they are hedging their bets on exclusive software to this platform to push whatever this is. But maybe I'm severely underestimating Nintendo's R&D efforts into this sector. The thing that strikes me as most interesting (and maybe their most competitive aspect) about their strategy is the 'non wearables'.

Hmm, true. I wonder too what they can offer that other products, services, apps or even the internet in general can't. Whatever it is, they need to market the hell out it like their wii marketing campaigns, but it won't go a long way if the actual product itself is unappealing. The wii attracted so much attention because of motion control tech, so whatever type of device QOL is, it needs to be innovative and interesting enough to attract attention from a mass audience. Something cheap, portable, accessible and user friendly but I don't know whether they can replicate the success of the wii/ds with something as new and interesting.

I remember watching news stories on TV in the UK where they reported on nintendo games (DS ones like brain training, wii fit I think) that were being used in places like schools, care homes or gyms even for learning, health & fitness and QOL as well as in personal homes. Something like that is an untapped market they could aim for that would fit well with their blue ocean strategy I think.

Kurt

Expect to reveal the new bussiness plan.

Now we only know what direction, but we don't know what it even means.

I don't mind either way. Honestly though, I think it would be harder for Nintendo to do a great e3 show since they announce/show games during their directs, and therefore have less new material to unveil.

Sadist

Ugh.

Anyway, 55 days left till E3;

Prediction for E3:

- Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U new character reveal + details
- Hyrule Warriors
- Bayonetta 2
- X, Final name, 2014 release.
- NFC game reveal, 2014 release.
- One unexpected thing
- Maybe Tokyo EAD 1 project?
- Some new 3DS games for the holiday season. Can't think of anything to be honest.
- Zelda Wii U release

- No Next Level Games project
- No Retro Studios
- No F-Zero, Star Fox or something else obscure.
- No QoL

pelican

It is difficult to predict as we really don't know the mindset of Nintendo just now.

I would hope to see some determination and investment into the Wii U. Not through promised games for 2015 onwards, but for 2014. The current Wii U release schedule is very lacking.

A conference would be a step in the right direction. I think it is rather telling if they turtle into their Nintendo Direct shell.

I strongly believe they'll have a stage show this time around. The Nintendo Direct was fine last year, but it didn't go off as smoothly as they would have liked, therefore a lot of the announcements didn't have the proper impact.

If they're smart, the Wii U should be their focus this year. 3DS should get its own smaller show like they did that one year. I think that was two years ago. We're definitely going to see Zelda Wii U and I feel it will be their show opener. It'll be fantastic. Metroid will definitely be there in some capacity. Why? Well, it seems that Nintendo have been hitting hard with the nostalgia. And since most of their major franchises are already out, it's a perfect opportunity to bring the B-Tier team out. Metroid & Star Fox would be perfect.

Speaking of B-Tier franchises, we'll definitely be seeing more Yarn Yoshi. More than likely get a proper title and a release window.

I also think we're going to get some out-of-the-blue announcements for existing franchises. Maybe an Ace Attorney or Professor Layton HD collection, Endless Ocean or something like that.

A few other things I think they'll touch on. Mario Kart 8 DLC & New Features. A new Wii U update, probably featuring a proper account system and folders. Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U connectivity. Perhaps we'll see a Smash Bros. for Wii U discount for people that bought the 3DS version through the eShop. We'll also get a release date for the 3DS game; August 2014.

Nintendo always manages to surprise us. We'll definitely be getting a few announcements that we never expected. They'll likely be focusing on this year and very rarely straying in to 2015 territory.

They'll announce a bunch of novel services that will never come to Australia.

Ugh.

Anyway, 55 days left till E3;

Prediction for E3:

- Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U new character reveal + details
- Hyrule Warriors
- Bayonetta 2
- X, Final name, 2014 release.
- NFC game reveal, 2014 release.
- One unexpected thing
- Maybe Tokyo EAD 1 project?
- Some new 3DS games for the holiday season. Can't think of anything to be honest.
- Zelda Wii U release

- No Next Level Games project
- No Retro Studios
- No F-Zero, Star Fox or something else obscure.
- No QoL

This is pretty realistic I think. We might see that Yoshi Yarn game as well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can make one accurate prediction. Nintendo will announce something on their E3 website but since most people literally think E3 news can only come from the stage show they'll never see it.

Volotaire

I can make one accurate prediction. Nintendo will announce something on their E3 website but since most people literally think E3 news can only come from the stage show they'll never see it.

I remember when those two Kirby games were just sitting on the E3 2011 stage at the end in bubbles. No mention at all..

And then E3 2012 with P101 with Geoff...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Show the games they've announced and a handful of surprises. But nothing that appeals to anyone outside their already loyal fans. They just are what they are at this point. If you like their games, you're good to go. If you don't, or are burnt out on them like me, it's just more of the same you aren't interested in due to lack of third party support and not acquiring any new developers lately.

radcliff

My predictions:

EAD 1: nothing, maybe Mario Kart 8 DLC

EAD 2: Animal Crossing Wii U (2015)

EAD 3: Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015), Majora’s Mask 3D (Grezzo- 2014)

EAD 4: 2.5D Metroid (2015)- I say this as the producer of EAD 4 (Hiroyuki Kimura) has made 2D Metroid titles in the past. As this team makes the 2.5D Mario games (and those games have already been released on both 3DS and Wii U) maybe this group will develop the next Metroid with Yoshio Sakamoto as an advisor.

EAD 5: This could be the group working on the fabled new Miyamoto IP. This group appears to be small as they outsource their games (Wii Fit U- Ganbarion, Starfox 3d- Q Games, Steel Diver- Vitei), and Miaymoto expressed interest in working with a small group of relatively inexperienced developers.

EAD Tokyo 1: Have not developed a major release since Mario Galaxy in 2007. I would imagine they are working on something. The producer of this group (Takao Shimizu) was the director of the Pokemon Coliseum games. Could he be making Pokken with Namco?

EAD Tokyo 2: confirmed to be working on a new Mario game but probably too early to show.

SPD 1: This group is always a wild card. I have no idea. Something wacky, but interesting.

SPD 2: Intelligent Systems- SMT X Fire Emblem, Paper Mario Wii U (2015), 3DS Wars, Monolith Soft- X, Hal- Kirby (Wii U- may be early and not ready to show), Platinum- Bayonetta 2, Good Feel- Yarn Yoshi (2015), Sora- Super Smash Bros, Ndcube- Mario Party (2015), Valhalla- Devil’s Third (speculation)

SPD 3: NST- the recently trademarked S.T.E.A.M.?, Retro- probably too early to show whatever it is they are making, Next Level Games- LM 2 was ready in 2012 so they could have something ready by early-mid 2015, Monster Games- recently completed DK:TF with Retro and they are small so maybe nothing from them yet, Headstrong Games- Battalion Wars (2015).

Danneee

I'm totally expecting Nintendo to do nothing more than show new forage and give dates for games we already know about and maybe announce a few new ones from their standard franchises. No big surprises at all.

Hatchtag

Banned
I hope to goddess Nintendo doesn't make GF waste their talent on that.

contract that nonsense to Capcom or SEGA AM2

It almost certainly isn't being done by Gamefreak, unless they're doing a mainline title on the Wii U. Which is incredibly, incredibly unlikely.

It'll either be done by the people who do Tekken (if the preview was for Pokken Fighters), or Intelligent Systems (if the preview was for a Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution type game).

Kacho

Gold Member
This will be one hell of an interesting year for Nintendo at E3. That's for sure. I do expect them to be on a stage rather than doing another E3 Direct.

Anyway, since we're likely not going to see a new Retro Metroid game any time soon, I'm hoping they announce an HD Metroid Prime collection for the Wii U. Probably won't happen though.

freakzilla3000

Does anyone know what Nintendo's actual E3 plans are? I don't think we do but are there any rumors that they will be holding a more traditional E3 presentation? They seem like they have a lot to show....

Peru

Pretty sure they'll ride out WiiU w 3DS in normal fashion and then next gen we'll get the fluid relationship between handheld/console, same operating system, same games, more games pushed to consumers. Personally can't wait for e3 2015 or 16.

Top Bottom