• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caayn

I completed and sent off the survey a week ago.

Haven't heard anything since. Not even a confirmation E-Mail to say they received my survey. Do you even get a confirm E-mail?
Don't worry, I never got a confirmation e-mail either ;) The only one I got was from EchoSign.

Pavillion

quick question. I only have access to a laptop with a trackpad and signing the echosign makes my signature impossible to read. Can I use the type signature or do I have to sign it with the trackpad?

Well, my internet disconnected in the middle of the session today, because Rogers had the brilliant idea of killing all service in my area today from 8-5... And didn't put the fucking notice up or even bother to alert anyone until this morning. Welp, at least there's still Friday.

Pjsprojects

Same. I've got a tester ID and uploaded my dxdiag like it said (said it was successful). Guess fro the TCG they either didn't like my computer (relatively high end Nvidia with win7) or my answers in the survey (played a lot of TCGs).
Same for me,the VMC rep on here told me to send a pm with some details but I've heard nothing back yet.

I even added that have an Xbone now as well as every other format.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Were we not supposed to tell people that we were testing Titanfall 2: Electric Boogaloo - Optimus Primes Adventures in Angel City?

/s

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
Hey Simon/Matthew/VMC I've just got the new NDA Addendum and I was wondering,
Can I still just print it, sign it and then send it via FAX like last time? Because I had a few problems with Echosign before and this time the email only mention the Echosign method instead of both. So yeah, can I reach you through the usual fax's number or is it mandatory that I use Echosign this time?

I'm scheduled for the upcoming XOne test btw.
Yes, you can still sign it that way. =] As others have said we've revamped the EchoSign to make it much easier, so if you're down for it you can try that way.

I hope they're still adding more people, but it doesn't look like it. :(
We are! =] We're always processing new NDA's that come in. Just hold tight and we'll send you responses and information if selected and eligible. ^^

I completed and sent off the survey a week ago.

Haven't heard anything since. Not even a confirmation E-Mail to say they received my survey. Do you even get a confirm E-mail?
No, there is no confirmation e-mail that we send out to acknowledge that we've received your survey. We do things by hand because craftsmanship. Usually we'll try to send you an NDA within a week or so, if everything's gone according to plan and no e-mails have bounced, etc.

In the email, they say that we can play outside of testing hours however how are we suppose to know when the servers are up?
A couple of people on here were saying that the servers were up yesterday...? There isn't a specific place to know, other than just attempting it out of the blue/keeping up to date with the posts in this thread. Sometimes they're up, sometimes they're sideways, but always remember: The enemy's gate is down. Most of the time.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
You guys weren't kiddin', it was super convenient this time, it already had everything filled in (tester name, date and just a click to bring up the signature I had previously registered) just sent my Echosigned NDA's addendum :)

quick question. I only have access to a laptop with a trackpad and signing the echosign makes my signature impossible to read. Can I use the type signature or do I have to sign it with the trackpad?

I was in the same situation, just take a pic of your handwritten signature and use that, it's an option and a very convenient one!

Fracas

#fuckonami
I did the additional NDA earlier. As far as I know I did it right lol - followed the link in the email then signed it. So much easier.

Can't wait to see what I'll be playing!

malfcn

Signed. Hopefully less breaches will happen.
I heard that while testing your profile will say the project name.
That can't be a breach, right?

BraXzy

God the new form was sooooooo nice and easy to sign, thank you VMC for making the process a lot smoother. It sucks that the NDA has been breached so much an additional document had to be written up, hopefully people will take it more seriously now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We are! =] We're always processing new NDA's that come in. Just hold tight and we'll send you responses and information if selected and eligible. ^^

I sent in another application since I bought an Xbox One since the last time I filled out the survey. I hope that's okay. :)

llehuty

I didn't get the second NDA and I'm in both Project R and Project M :/

I sent in another application since I bought an Xbox One since the last time I filled out the survey. I hope that's okay. :)

Please don't do the survey more than once, duplicate entries are deleted =]

Just send an email with that info to vmcmontrealcoordinators@vmc.com and we'll add it! We're also working on a different method to access profiles, look out for news regarding this for this summer! =D

fasTRapid

Banned

No, there is no confirmation e-mail that we send out to acknowledge that we've received your survey. We do things by hand because craftsmanship. Usually we'll try to send you an NDA within a week or so, if everything's gone according to plan and no e-mails have bounced, etc.
You're only sending out an NDA, if one's invited to a testing session, no?

Akai__

That is interesting, because I haven't got an email, since the 1st on, which said, that I'm eligable and that was 3 weeks ago. Does that mean, that there just isn't a test on the platforms I signed or does that mean, that I got lost in the system?

Sorry, but I'm new to this and I'm trying to figure out, how it will work.

SnowTeeth

Banned
I'm signed up to test Project R, with the NDA signed and accepted. I was expecting to begin the testing process last Wednesday but I wasn't able to as I was experiencing system issues and needed to conduct a full re-install of Windows.
My system is fully operational now and I have re-installed Project R, however it seems I'm not able to connect to the game (failed to connect to proxy).
I've sent a message to the supervisor on Skype asking if I'm still able to participate but I haven't heard back.

So if I missed the initial group meeting on the first day does that mean I'm no longer eligible to participate in testing?

Rembrandt

Banned
quick question to those in project d, so has the servers been up at all between tests? I don't wanna keep changing all of my settings just to check.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Question, any PS4 owners received beta testing stuff?

BraXzy

quick question to those in project d, so has the servers been up at all between tests? I don't wanna keep changing all of my settings just to check.

It's highly unlikely that servers will stay up outside of test times although it is possible. I haven't noticed it unfortunately.

Storm360

Props to the response time from the emails, Was about 2 days, surprising considering the amount of emails they've said they're getting currently.

Feel I should have changed my gamertag before sending the initial email, I'll just leave changing it for the time being to avoid spamming

Derpcrawler

Props to the response time from the emails, Was about 2 days, surprising considering the amount of emails they've said they're getting currently.

Feel I should have changed my gamertag before sending the initial email, I'll just leave changing it for the time being to avoid spamming

What spamming? Many people reported that they get random spam from strangers asking how they got their hands on games tested, but I never experienced that.

Caayn

Servers for Project D were up for a very short time before the last test. Once you've made a connection you can keep playing even if the servers go offline.

So you can "cheat" the system by enabling "instant-on" with "resume games quickly" this way the session that you've created will never be terminated, unless it crashes or you manually quit it. Just make sure that you've got the privacy settings to what VMC recommends and that you've put your profile in offline mode to prevent leaks.

Storm360

What spamming? Many people reported that they get random spam from strangers asking how they got their hands on games tested, but I never experienced that.

I meant spamming VMC's inbox, not my own.

I don't really advertise my gamertag, and try to keep it as hidden as possible though (Only give it out in PMs etc) since I did have enough of random people adding me on my first account.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
That is interesting, because I haven't got an email, since the 1st on, which said, that I'm eligable and that was 3 weeks ago. Does that mean, that there just isn't a test on the platforms I signed or does that mean, that I got lost in the system?

Sorry, but I'm new to this and I'm trying to figure out, how it will work.

People, going to bold it nice it gets asked every page or so:

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RECEIVE THE NDA TO SIGN UNTIL there IS a test on the platforms YOU'VE SIGNED FOR meaning you'd be eligible for the project

So, for example, if you've signed only for X360 and PS3 it could be weeks/months or even forever to get the NDA if there's no project to test on those platforms.

Question, any PS4 owners received beta testing stuff?

Check their Facebook page to see what platforms are they currently working on.
PS4 project is still in the back burner, it's on the horizon but there's nothing confirmed yet (I.e. no dates or NDA to sign).
Same for mobile.

At the moment the only projects are on Xbox One (up to a 1000 people tests) and PC (much smaller and more difficult to get into).

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
Hi everyone,

We understand that some of you have either not received NDA's, responses to applications, or responses to being absent /late /leaving early - We're in the midst of bringing someone else on to the team to help us deal with the massive amount of participation that we've received overall. We're incredibly thankful for the overwhelming participation, and we're working to get back to you as fast as possible.

Thanks a million, everyone ;)

- The VMC GBTN Team

Hi everyone,

We understand that some of you have either not received NDA's, responses to applications, or responses to being absent /late /leaving early - We're in the midst of bringing someone else on to the team to help us deal with the massive amount of participation that we've received overall. We're incredibly thankful for the overwhelming participation, and we're working to get back to you as fast as possible.

- The VMC GBTN Team

Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone,

- The VMC GBTN Team

Good to know, as I sent an email about not being able to attend a session but never received a reply to say it had been noted (so was a little unsure about the process). You guys must be over the moon with the amount of people on your books now!

Rembrandt

Banned
Servers for Project D were up for a very short time before the last test. Once you've made a connection you can keep playing even if the servers go offline.

So you can "cheat" the system by enabling "instant-on" with "resume games quickly" this way the session that you've created will never be terminated, unless it crashes or you manually quit it. Just make sure that you've got the privacy settings to what VMC recommends and that you've put your profile in offline mode to prevent leaks.

Is the offline mode thing new? I don't remember that in the emails. It makes sense, though. The servers seem to only be up before the test and a little after. Kinda sucks, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom