Yes
1,018 79.53%
Yes
262 20.47%
Voters: 1280. You may not vote on this poll

Anth0ny
(04-07-2014, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Enigma

Supposedly now people are watching this old clip of Taker asking Lesnar "You wanna do it?" to be an offer to let him beat the streak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVhO0M_QNE0

LOL that's what I was thinking. Kinda ridiculous, but I choose to believe this was true.

Now we know why they didn't bring up the Ariel Helwani video during the build for the match haha
Soup Bar
(04-07-2014, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

Watching the main event again. Anybody who doesn't believe Brock/Taker killed the crowd is delusional.

Yeah the crowd was a little dead in the beginning, but it was still a pretty good match.
Ripclawe
Banned
(04-07-2014, 11:54 PM)
thats pretty badass

Rapstah
(04-07-2014, 11:55 PM)
Can't wait for the Shield's new parkour gimmick. That's still what the kids love, right?
Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku!
I wonder if the WWE didn't put too much hype behind the Lesnar match because they knew it was going to be bad. Like Undertaker showed up in January and told Vince that he was having trouble getting into shape like he used to and he wants this to be the end.
Vylash

Originally Posted by Rapstah

My god, what a ring technician! The brutal knees to Natalya, the display of savvy veteran instincts as she lets the other divas beat each other up, and then putting that loser Tamina in her place by letting her know who the real queen is, Eva Marie forever! #Queen #AllRedEverything
Sephzilla
(04-07-2014, 11:56 PM)

Originally Posted by bwtw

They're still going nuts from when Triple H shows up to the end though. No doubt the Taker thing hurt the noise but it certainly wasn't dead in the latter portion of the main event.

Yep, they wake up eventually
Marvel
could never
(04-07-2014, 11:56 PM)
Awesome photo.
blackaroni
(04-07-2014, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Ripclawe

thats pretty badass

Watching that "match" now and I wish they would have done their full entrance instead of it being interrupted. Sucks that the Shield were wasted on those olds for a match that didn't even last 3 minutes.
Deadstar
(04-08-2014, 12:00 AM)
Batista and Orton were awesome. I'm not sure how you could say that they weren't.
Vox-Pop
Contains Sucralose
(04-08-2014, 12:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Mortimer Brewster

AJ is the only female wrestler currently on the roster that deserves to hold the belt. I really hope they end up debuting Paige tonight or sometime soon to provide AJ a good opponent to drop the title to.

She will probably fued with Tamina next, since she hasn't beat her yet. Hopefully Emma, sans Santino, soon.

Paige is ready but I just don't see the WWE in any rush to bring her over to Raw. Her merch sells well and she's a big part of the NXT brand, but I guess they want to wait. Although she's going to get stale soon. She has defeated the all the female roster. It's only a matter of time till people call her the female John Cena.
Showaddy
(04-08-2014, 12:02 AM)

thats pretty badass

I see what they're up to.
bigkrev

Originally Posted by Syphon Filter

Since when? Also they removed too many classic ppv's : (

It was officially killed off in 2011, so about 3 years ago
Ripclawe
Banned
If the kid actually stuck his tongue out.. it would be the greatest pic ever!

Queen of Hunting
(04-08-2014, 12:04 AM)

There were people within WWE surprised that the betting odds for Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker took a late swing with Lesnar as the favorite because as noted, even the most high up people in the company didnít know the finish until it happened. There are people within WWE who know the outcomes of matches because they have to and even they had The Undertaker winning.

dam thats pretty awesome
Ziltoidia 9
(04-08-2014, 12:05 AM)
Has the damn mountain dew graphic been on the http://www.wwe.com/ main page this whole time or did I just notice? I mean, next to take in the announcement picture, photoshoped on.
CartridgeBlower
(04-08-2014, 12:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Deadstar

Batista and Orton were awesome. I'm not sure how you could say that they weren't.

Yeah say what you want about the build and the entire angle, but that match was pretty great. They both seemed to sell everything well, and Orton gets points for taking that monitor. Wonder if he got pissed at Batista after the match because on the replay it looks like Batista was the one who chucked the monitor there. Who knows. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but you think he would have known better.
strobogo
Banned
(04-08-2014, 12:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

Watching the main event again. Anybody who doesn't believe Brock/Taker killed the crowd is delusional.

No one argues that. They didn't really come back to life until HHH came back out.

Taker really never recovered from that, which was in the first few minutes of the match. He let out a bellow and for the rest of the match he was down, sucking wind, CONSTANTLY talking to Brock, telling him to slow down, help him up, or let him breathe.

Then this happened

And then this happened

He also appeared to have injured his ribs from the first F5.
Ripclawe
Banned
(04-08-2014, 12:09 AM)
yeah, putting in taker with Brock knowing how Brock likes to wrestle....snug was not a good idea.
Showaddy
Why the hell was the Hell's Gate/Powerbomb spot repeated?
Marvel
could never
Orton had a lucky escape with that monitor. Hellsgate spot repeated because Brock didn't get all of the power bomb, hardly lifted Taker the first try.
Last edited by Marvel; 04-08-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Lkr
Banned
(04-08-2014, 12:10 AM)
i haven't watched wrestling in years, last time i was actually into it was around wrestlemania 26, but goddamn the crowd is so into wyatt and brian. crowd would have gone nuts if wyatt had won. i don't even know who he is and i know he is probably the most entertaining character the E has had in a while
NYR
(04-08-2014, 12:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Rapstah

iMax
(04-08-2014, 12:11 AM)
Interestingly, WWE seems to be suggesting, albeit indirectly, both "debuts" and "retirements" for tonight's Raw...
Mr. Enigma
The match was slow because Taker busted his head right in the beginning of the match. Just like Lesnar/HHH from WM29 sucked because Lesnar got knocked loopy right in the start.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
Undertaker can be the example from now on for people who watch MMA and practice MMA and think they can work a guy who actually does MMA

Shoulda never put him in the ring with Brock. The guy is the roughest worker in the WWE. Like, what did Undertaker think was gonna happen? You think after the first takedown, Undertaker went, 'I've made a terrible mistake.'?
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
(04-08-2014, 12:12 AM)
Eat your heart out Strobogo

#Queen #AllRedEverything
NYR
(04-08-2014, 12:13 AM)

Originally Posted by iMax

Interestingly, WWE seems to be suggesting, albeit indirectly, both "debuts" and "retirements" for tonight's Raw...

lol @ Sin Cara reference.
strobogo
Banned

Originally Posted by Dragonzord

Undertaker can be the example from now on for people who watch MMA and practice MMA and think they can work a guy who actually does MMA

Shoulda never put him in the ring with Brock. The guy is the roughest worker in the WWE. Like, what did Undertaker think was gonna happen? You think after the first takedown, Undertaker went, 'I've made a terrible mistake.'?

He probably forgot and then remembered every bump he took. Watch the match back again, he's not even trying to hide his talking the whole match. Asking for help, breathing room, for Brock to ease up. He got wrecked right away. But even before that, he looked hobbled and slow. Seconds in he looked like he shouldn't have taken the match. I have a feeling that the first Irish whip kind of stunned him, too.
mercenar1e

he must of said rest in peace to himself as brock lifted and slammed him into the mat lol
blackaroni
(04-08-2014, 12:14 AM)

Originally Posted by strobogo

No one argues that. They didn't really come back to life until HHH came back out.

Taker really never recovered from that, which was in the first few minutes of the match. He let out a bellow and for the rest of the match he was down, sucking wind, CONSTANTLY talking to Brock, telling him to slow down, help him up, or let him breathe.

Then this happened

And then this happened

Geez. I didn't really notice him hitting his head so many times.
Showaddy
(04-08-2014, 12:15 AM)

I'm pretty sure Taker's age and multiple surgeries have more to do with this than the fact Brock is a retired MMA fighter.
NYR
(04-08-2014, 12:16 AM)

Then this happened

And then this happened

Can't blame Brock for any of that...100% taker's fault.
iMax
(04-08-2014, 12:16 AM)

Then this happened

And then this happened

That second one looks horrible.
Daemul
(04-08-2014, 12:17 AM)
Lesnar was clearly holding back, Undertaker was done early in the match.
A Pretty Panda
fuckin' called it, man
Do they still put Brock in the UFC games? Can I do Bork vs. Bruce Lee like I never knew I wanted?
Vylash
You can see how gentle Brock was trying to be, that german suplex had nothing behind it
Mr. Enigma
I agree. No one is to blame. It's just wrestling. It's ain't ballet, they say.
MetalFearSolid
(04-08-2014, 12:19 AM)

Then this happened

And then this happened

Wow that looks terrible, didn't they like practice? I mean these part timers can meet up at a facility and practice the spots in the match. That first gif the fuck was Brock trying to do. I heard the Rock did that with R-Truth and Miz in the tag match.
Deadstar
(04-08-2014, 12:20 AM)

Originally Posted by mercenar1e

he must of said rest in peace to himself as brock lifted and slammed him into the mat lol

This made me burst out laughing. Thank you.
Biggest-Geek-Ever
(04-08-2014, 12:25 AM)
That leg take down spot and the repeated powerbombs might give validity to those rumors awhile back that Brock wouldn't be willing to put the time in to practice the match like previous Taker opponents. Especially the former.
Aiii
So not worth it
(04-08-2014, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Biggest-Geek-Ever

That leg take down spot and the repeated powerbombs might give validity to those rumors awhile back that Brock wouldn't be willing to put the time in to practice the match like previous Taker opponents. Especially the former.

Then why would Taker possibly put him over?
Mr. Enigma
(04-08-2014, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by MetalFearSolid

Wow that looks terrible, didn't they like practice? I mean these part timers can meet up at a facility and practice the spots in the match. That first gif the fuck was Brock trying to do. I heard the Rock did that with R-Truth and Miz in the tag match.

WWE usually flies out Taker's opponent after the last Raw before Mania to go over the match with him at his place (where he's got a ring in a private facility). There was some concern over whether Lesnar would be willing to do that. No one knows if he did or not. The day of WM30, Heyman posted a picture of himself and Lesnar in a ring somewhere in a building with the caption "Secret training sessions" so maybe he did?
Ithil
(04-08-2014, 12:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Enigma

The match was slow because Taker busted his head right in the beginning of the match. Just like Lesnar/HHH from WM29 sucked because Lesnar got knocked loopy right in the start.

Not just loopy, Lesnar hit his head and was knocked unconscious for a few seconds.
Docpan
My picture is in the dictionary under douchebag.
(04-08-2014, 12:27 AM)
Last night was the first time I watched a Wrestle mania since 18, all because of the awesome and cheap WWE network.

I want to watch Raw tonight. I don't have cable. What are my options?
RyudBoy
(04-08-2014, 12:28 AM)

thats pretty badass

This has to be permanent.
Biggest-Geek-Ever
(04-08-2014, 12:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Aiii

Then why would Taker possibly put him over?

Because MMA.
Marvel
could never
Eh it's not a new thing for Brock to be rough. He's a Beast, even holding back Taker got injured, no amount of practice would have prepared Mark fully for it really he's got too many miles on the clock.
BoboBrazil
Not surprised Undertaker got hurt. This is how he looked before he came back

Plus he had noticeably less muscle than previous years.
blackaroni
(04-08-2014, 12:30 AM)
Pre-show time.