• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - "If you're a Nintendo fan, you should probably stay up tonight." [Mario Kart 8]

Gin

why would someone from IGN hype this up.. then another person from IGN throw cold water on this ? wtf is going on

Try this again IGN and you know what happens next.
tumblr_mv0wqmgGlL1syvpb8o1_500.gif

AmyS

The only thing that would warrant this type of hyped announcement would be:

1) Wii U to be discontinued
2) Iwata to resign
3) 1) and 2)
4) Nintendo going 3rd party
5) Nintendo buys IGN
6) Nintendo buys NeoGAF
7) 5) and 6)
8) New Wii U model announced
9) Pokemon MMO
10) Wii U Metroid
11) 9) and 10)

You forgot:

12) Nintendo buys Facebook Rift

Wynnebeck

Banned
There's literally nothing Nintendo can announce outside of StarFox or Geno in Smash Bros. that would keep me up. This train is still in station.

Some Nobody

Yeah I'm only going to be excited if a Nintendo Direct was announced.

Or if IGN somehow knows the next Smash update is a megaton; like a new character.

New characters for Smash are announced pretty consistently.

I do like how broad the term "Nintendo Fan" is. As if the same audience that is pining for Metroid Prelude/Starfox Cosmos/F-Zero XX is the same audience that has an blissful aneurysm over new Mario Kart items.

There is a liiiiiittttlllleeee bit of a divide, don't cha know.

In fairness, there's some overlay. And MK8 is far more popular than pretty much all of those franchises. Probably put together.

joseotero

Neo Member
why would someone from IGN hype this up.. then another person from IGN throw cold water on this ? wtf is going on

Mistakes happen, man. And that tweet was too vague. I didn't want anyone jumping to crazy conclusions for a new game reveal because that is not the case here.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Seventeen minute Bayonetta 2 trailer and the debut announcement trailer for Metroid Prime 4.

Anything less is NINTENFAIL and IWATA DOESN'T GET IT.

Top Bottom