• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Footage of Cel Damage HD

I'm not sure if I really want this or not. I mean, I loved it as a kid, but my tastes have changed quite a bit since then.

Might be one of those games it's better to hold on to your happy memories of than actually revisit.

OnPoint

I'm so confused by this game existing in all honesty. I mean this and am hoping for a genuine answer, is there a real market for it?

nbthedude

I'm so confused by this game existing in all honesty. I mean this and am hoping for a genuine answer, is there a real market for it?

I don't get it either. It's a second tier launch game and a third tier car combat game. Even Twisted Metal couldn't find the audience for a come back. How this makes any sense I have no idea.

okayfrog

Banned

I feel the same way. I remember Cel Damage only as one of GameCube's launch titles (and it turns out I'm wrong as it came out a couple months after launch). I'm not sure if anybody really remembers the game.

KissVibes

Banned
I have a very hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that the guys that made Cel Damage we're like, ya know guys we need to start a new studio reacquire the IP rights and release this again for the masses!

The game was bad when it came out two generations ago. Is probably still totally terrible.

For an HD remake, it looks really awful visually too.

MUnited83

For you.
Loved the PS2 version, played it to death. Very fun, especially if you have someone else to play it with. Im buying this on release date, looks awesome. The fact that its PS4/3/Vita cross-buy makes it even better.

Hope it sells well, as they are considering a PC Steam version too.

Ezduo

Banned
Oh God, this game used to infuriate me. The balance of weapons during the races was total garbage, people behind you regularly got one hit kill weapons that you had no way of defending against while the best you got were bats and such that only hit people in front of you and didn't even kill them unless you could knock them off something. Not to mention a lot of the races were set up in such a way that you were constantly turning around against the flow of traffic to get back to the start line which meant not only avoiding the other racers but their attacks as well. This game was such a clusterfuck.

Omzz

i loved playing this on the gamecube when it first came out, but im pretty sure I would not enjoy it as much as i did back then. will probably pass, but good for those who wanted to try it out

Wow. Uhm.... that doesn't look impressive. At all. I have to hope that 'fullscreen' footage they shot is just blown up split-screen....

Top Bottom