• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 14, 2014

madmackem

Top 10 dominated by MS :O

TF (Xbox One) has great legs. The bundling helps, I guess. But it's still impressive.

Infamous on the other hand...

The bundling has been insane, you can get a xbox one cheaper with tf than on its own. The big drop to £349 will have sold a large amount massively bumping tf sales. Infamous sold really well as a single player only title.

I wow'd at 6 of the top 10 being 360 titles. That machine has some serious software selling strength. Still.

Yeah, it's pretty impressive. Seems like the majority of PS360 owners still haven't decided which current gen console to get. I can understand why they wouldn't see a need to jump on the bandwagon right now, PS360 software is cheaper and there's a lot more to choose from.

Top 10 dominated by MS :O

TF has great legs. The bundling helps, I guess. But it's still impressive.

Infamous on the other hand...

I:SS isn't doing so bad. I've seen a quite a few standalone PS4s, but not a single I:SS bundle, which I imagine is hurting it quite a bit.

madmackem

Yeah, it's pretty impressive. Seems like the majority of PS360 owners still haven't decided which current gen console to get. I can understand why they wouldn't see a need to jump on the bandwagon right now, PS360 software is cheaper and there's a lot more to choose from.

I:SS isn't doing so bad. I've seen a quite a few standalone PS4s, but not a single I:SS bundle, which I imagine is hurting it quite a bit.

Ive never seen the ISS bundle in the wild, im guessing limited run at least here in uk, man if ms had sold xbox one for this price from the off they wouldnt have had the terrible start they had. I posted in the e3 price reveal that the launch price was insane not just because sony was way lower but because they broke the magical £400 barrier no console has ever done well here breaking that price point at launch.

Whaaaat? 360 install base is massive here, people will have been waiting for this for weeks. I know loads of people without next gen console that just arnt ready to jump in yet and bought tf 360 and loving it.

I didn't see it doing so well due to how little exposure the 360 version has gotten. No advertising, hardly any reviews and I haven't seen a single copy on the shelves in Asda, Tesco or Sainsbury.

TF is popular but it does seem there is demand for the XB1 at PS4 pricing.

Not much though, the £349 bundle doesn't seem to have help TF sales on X1 all that much.

It did hold its position though, so perhaps it did help a little...

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Ive never seen the ISS bundle in the wild, im guessing limited run at least here in uk, man if ms had sold xbox one for this price from the off they wouldnt have had the terrible start they had. I posted in the e3 price reveal that the launch price was insane not just because sony was way lower but because they broke the magical £400 barrier no console has ever done well here breaking that price point at launch.

For all the talk about power, DRM etc I always felt their issue was price. They made a huge mistake and they should just bite bullet and permanently correct it worldwide.

I saw one in the window of CEX a couple of days after launch, but you're right in that it's been near impossible to source one at retail otherwise. And with the game still selling for £50 almost everywhere, it's not really a surprise it's falling down the charts.

I think MS will be trailing the entire generation, but they are making some good inroads on the price and it's hard to argue that the £349 X1 isn't the better value proposition right now.

Prine

Banned
Really good TF performance. Said before, DEM Titan Legs. Also think MS hit the sweet spot with the price, they should make it official.

I guess this chart only includes 2 days of price drop sales? Drop took place on Friday right?

DrWong

France week 14:

1 - FIFA 14 PS4 - Electronic Arts
2 - The Elder Scrolls Online Ed. Collector PC - Bethesda
3 - Infamous : Second Son PS4 - Sony
4 - The Elder Scrolls Online PC - Bethesda
5 - Pr Layton VS Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 3DS - Nintendo

madmackem

Really good TF performance. Said before, DEM Titan Legs. Also think MS hit the sweet spot with the price, they should make it official.

I guess this chart only includes 2 days of price drop sales? Drop took place on Friday right?

I think early last week, as ive been humming and arrring about getting a second one for the other room.

I think early last week, as ive been humming and arrring about getting a second one for the other room.

Wait until E3. I doubt they'll announce a bigger price drop than £349, but it's possible they'll announce some better bundles.

Still, it could also go the other way and this is the cheapest the X1 will be for some time to come...

madmackem

Wait until E3. I doubt they'll announce a bigger price drop than £349, but it's possible they'll announce some better bundles.

Still, it could also go the other way and this is the cheapest the X1 will be for some time to come...

Yeah im worried this will be a supermarket slash that wont last so long. Its a great price though.

71% of what though. The 29%ish XB1 sales were still enough to take 2nd place however much they where.

Hopefully we get some more details about how it sold compared to the X1 so we can begin to extrapolate some numbers.

Yeah im worried this will be a supermarket slash that wont last so long. Its a great price though.

It really is. Sell the TF code for £25 on ebay and you get an X1 for £325.

Shantom

Cheap arse gaffer thread says there was a €222 lightning deal for it.
Edit: though that seems to have been last night.

Someones gotta use that camera for something.
And its been advertised the hell out of, a very Wii-like advert featuring some kind of cricket-men getting sweaty in a white living room.

I thought it was odd there hadn't been any advertising, guess I just missed it.

If they using a Wii like ad, I can see why it charted as well as it did. There's still probably a pretty strong demand for social gaming in the living room.

madmackem

Someones gotta use that camera for something.
And its been advertised the hell out of, a very Wii-like advert featuring some kind of cricket-men getting sweaty in a white living room.
Haha two ex footballers, Paul Merson and Matt le tiss, given mersons past find it funny he's advertising a family aimed game.

Pretty sure it's because of the lightning deal. Maybe the best seller list counts the sales of the last 24 hours (and updates once per hour) or sth. like that?

I already pointed that out, it's from CT website :{p
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1847&s=1111

Thanks,

‘Lego The Hobbit’ has to settle for a debut at No2 with FIFA 14 dropping to No3. ‘South Park: The Stick of Truth’ (+52%) jumps 4 places to No4 thanks to retailer promotions, ahead of ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’ (+28%) which slips one place to No5. Easter holidays and retailer promotions will have helped kid’s titles ‘Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition’ (+35%), up from No9 to No6 and ‘Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare’ (+20%), back in the Top 10 at No8. ‘The Lego Movie Videogame’ (+7%) is the second of 4 Lego games in the Top 40 this week and a non-mover at No7. ‘Assassin’s Creed IV’ (+27%) and ‘Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes’ (-36%) complete the Top 10 at No’s 9 and 10 respectively.

Good to see South Park get a nice bump, price drop to £25 seems to have done wonders.

Chobel

Titanfall Xbone version sold less than 15k last week.

So this week Titanfall is < 48K
X360 < 34k
X1 version < 14k

X360 < 34k
X1 version < 14k

Hmm.

So...

360 owners who wanted the game either bought it on X1 or PC back in March or it simply didn't sell as well on 360 due to a lack of advertising/the majority of people not knowing there was a 360 version released?

bombshell

X360 < 34k
X1 version < 14k

So I was right in the other thread that it didn't sell huge numbers this week based on the 71% number alone.

Thanks for the calculations.

Chobel

So...

360 owners who wanted the game either bought it on X1 or PC back in March or it simply didn't sell as well on 360 due to a lack of advertising/the majority of people not knowing there was a 360 version released?

I think it's the lack of advertising, many people probably didn't (don't?) know that X360 version exists.

Xater

It's pretty funny that Titanfall seems to only have any kind of traction int he UK. Maybe MS should have dropped the price everywhere in Europe? You are not going to gain marketshare like this.

I think it's the lack of advertising, many people probably didn't (don't?) that X360 version exists.

Yeah, this is what I'm going with. It doesn't even stop at a lack of advertising, I didn't see it in any of the supermarkets I went into over the weekend and that will have impacted sales quite a bit too.

Chobel

Ok I should have asked where the 48k comes from. :p

I am lost

We know that Titanfall sales had 220% rise, so this week sales are 1+2.2=3.2 of last week.

Where did I get "less than 15K"?

week 13 said:
‘Infamous: Second Son’ (-67%) holds on to top spot for a second week ahead of ‘Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes’ (-64%) which is a non-mover at No2.

The sales gap between them shrinks from 15,000 units to 3,000 with ‘Titanfall’ (-42%) also stuck at No3, only 100 units behind Metal Gear this week.

This give us Titanfall is ~23k in week 13.

week 14 said:
EA’s Xbox One/PC ‘Titanfall’ holds at No3 (-36%)

This give us Titanfall is less than 15k last week.

Top Bottom