• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

scytheavatar
(04-12-2014, 07:36 AM)
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor-...-max-settings/

Okay everyone, time for some rumors. Russian gaming website Gametech reported some interesting information about the current state of The Witcher 3. Now before continuing, let us remind you that you are about to read unconfirmed information that you should be taking with a grain of salt.

According to Gametech, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a very demanding title; a title that a single GTX 780Ti struggles to run when higher levels of AA are enabled. As the Russian gaming website noted, the PC version runs currently with all its bells and whistles enabled (plus 8xMSAA) with 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p. Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered.

Moreover, it is said that the PS4 version will run at 900p/30fps while the Xbox One version will run at 720p/30fps. What’s also interesting is that the console versions of the game will meet the minimum graphics settings of the PC version. Gametech claimed that The Witcher 3 on consoles will look similar to The Witcher 2.

As always, take what you just read with a grain of salt. CD Projekt RED may further optimize its title, meaning that the game may run better on the aforementioned platforms. Still, the rumored performance of the PC version sounds spot on from what we’ve seen thus far.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more!

Ouren
(04-12-2014, 07:38 AM)
Sounds unoptimized.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
Doesn't this game have like another 10 months until release?
Officerrob
Banned

Originally Posted by Ouren

Sounds unoptimized.

Very
Speevy
Banned
They can do better than a game that looks like The Witcher 2.
Decarb
(04-12-2014, 07:39 AM)
Breaking that 1080p streak on PS4.
Solid Samus
Banned

Sounds unoptimized.

Or maybe perhaps demanding?
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
Sounds like bullshit, doubt they're that far enough along in development to lock that down.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The PC performance details seem more believable than the console flavours, but it's a moot point regardless since...

Originally Posted by Wario64

Yeah, next Feb.
Admiral Woofington
m'Souls, m'lady
(04-12-2014, 07:40 AM)
Considering how much time they have left to optimize, it'll be fine.
Lonely1
I wonder If my 770 4GB is ready...
TucoBenedictoPacifico
Banned

Sounds unoptimized.

Sounds like a baseless claim.

Originally Posted by Lonely1

I wonder If my 770 4GB is ready...

Given what they showed so far I'm more or less taking for granted that mine it isn't, but who knows, maybe a couple of minor compromises all will work finely.
Sapphire Dreams
Doesn't surprise me the game is supposed to be very huge in scale and optimizing that must be a nightmare on consoles.
Chance Hale
Isn't the game at least a year away? Seems silly to think they would have such things locked down at this point.
Eppy Thatcher
God's had his chance.
LoL .. "Guys guys... this game that isn't coming out for about a year .. wait for it.. needs like MAD fuckin polish. It looks practically unfinished"

When is a rumor... not a rumor?
Erban1
(04-12-2014, 07:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Wario64

yep...iirc its Q1 2015 now...way too far from release to be concretev
Valnen
I really hope they don't phone in the console versions and put all the work into optimizing the PC version. Still, this early into development I'd take anything with a massive grain of salt.
Ouren

Originally Posted by Metalic

Doesn't surprise me the game is supposed to be very huge in scale and optimizing that must be a nightmare on consoles.

actually optimizing for PC is a lot harder, because your don't have a target. It's just any hardware.
Crisium
So a PC with a Radeon 265 (PS4-class) can only run the game at low, 1600x900? Slower cards, like the venerable GTX 560 and Radeon 6800 series can't even run the game above 1280x720 all low?

I call BS.
thelurkinghorror
Bullshit
Prophet Steve
Eh, it being a year away I think it is pretty likely things like this are not completely locked down yet. But might be a target point. It being demanding was to be expected, but also tells not too much when there are many PC games with options that cripple performance while not providing that much of a benefit.
Auto_aim1
MeisaMcCaffrey
(04-12-2014, 07:42 AM)
I might finally upgrade my PC to play this game in all its glory.
bigboss370

Sounds unoptimized.

i honestly always expected it would be unoptimized for consoles, regardless of whether this rumor holds any weight or not.
viveks86

Gametech claimed that The Witcher 3 on consoles will look similar to The Witcher 2.

Dafuq?! I refuse to believe this. Please be false? :(
GrizzNKev
Banned

Originally Posted by Valnen

I really hope they don't phone in the console versions and put all the work into optimizing the PC version. Still, this early into development I'd take anything with a massive grain of salt.

They sure as shit did not phone in the 360 version of The Witcher 2. This game will be fine. Come back in a year when it's actually out.
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(04-12-2014, 07:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Auto_aim1

I might finally upgrade my PC to play this game in all its glory.

Yup, the GTX 590 in my rig right now is from May of 2011, which happens to coincide with the release of a certain game...
Dan27
(04-12-2014, 07:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Decarb

Breaking that 1080p streak on PS4.

BF4 was 900p too.
FourMyle
(04-12-2014, 07:44 AM)
But this game doesn't even look impressive.
Keyser Soze
This is nonsense. Arkham Knight had HUGE framerate problems during its last demo, but people had sense not to over report it - and it comes out sooner than this.

Let people finish games before you dissect them with usual stuff like this, Games can look messy even in the weeks up to release - let alone a month (or in this case, almost a year) out.

Sites reporting hit bating nonsense like this should be ashamed.
Guess Who
Banned

As the Russian gaming website noted, the PC version runs currently with all its bells and whistles enabled (plus 8xMSAA) with 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p. Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered.

If, hypothetically, this is true, then the poor performance on the PS4 and Xbone is more down to how god damned absurd the system requirements for the game are than any deficiencies in console hardware.
imtehman
Banned

Sounds unoptimized.

lazy devs amirite?
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Originally Posted by Dan27

BF4 was 900p too.

It was also a launch title. There have been 1080p games released since November, you know. ;)
GrizzNKev
Banned
(04-12-2014, 07:45 AM)

Originally Posted by FourMyle

lol
Aesius
If it looks like Witcher 2 on PS4, then the devs done fucked up.
Biker19
Banned

Originally Posted by viveks86

Dafuq?! I refuse to believe this. Please be false? :(

It better be false, or I won't buy this title.
JayEH
(04-12-2014, 07:47 AM)
Yeah I wouldn't put too much stock in this claim. The Witcher 3 will definitely be a really demanding game but how can someone know about the resolution already? Game is still a far way off.
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias

Originally Posted by Aesius

If it looks like Witcher 2 on PS4, then the devs done fucked up.

The Witcher 2 could totally be a PS4 game.

The statement in the OP is stupid, but still, they could port TW2 to the PS4 and it would fit in with the rest of the library just fine, visually.
todd360

ha ha. Hahaha HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

What?
TucoBenedictoPacifico
Banned
(04-12-2014, 07:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Guess Who

If, hypothetically, this is true, then the poor performance on the PS4 and Xbone is more down to how god damned absurd the system requirements for the game are than any deficiencies in console hardware.

If, hypothetically, any of this was true, people should *still* wait and see what the game is actually moving and at what level of detail, before making ANY sort of claim about the amount of "optimization" involved.
But I guess at this point this a lost battle for common sense, as people like to use "optimization" as a buzzword without making any effort to understand what it means.
travisbickle

As always, take what you just read with a grain of salt. CD Projekt RED may further optimize its title, meaning that the game may run better on the aforementioned platforms.

I hate it when they phrase it like this.

Taking something "with a grain of salt" means you don't believe the story, not that you believe it but it may change in the future.
Decarb

Originally Posted by Dan27

BF4 was 900p too.

I know, but everything after that is 1080p.

Anyway the game is still almost a year away, so even if the rumour is true they still have a lot of time to optimize it. Both Sony and MS will almost certainly update their API tools and reduce OS footprint by then.
Kssio_Aug
Thats bullshit or the game is unbelievable unoptimized. Can't see other option.

Originally Posted by TucoBenedictoPacifico

If, hypothetically, any of this was true, people should *still* wait and see what the game is actually moving and at what level of detail, before making ANY sort of claim about the amount of "optimization" involved.
But I guess at this point this a lost battle for common sense, as people like to use "optimization" as a buzzword without making any effort to understand what it means.

Similiar to The Witcher 2 its clearly not good enough for current gen systems to justify such a resolution or be compared to PC minimum settings.
Loofy
Banned

This. It looks a bit better than Witcher 2.
SargerusBR
I love Pokken!
(04-12-2014, 07:49 AM)
This thing is going to murder low-end PCs
Prophet Steve
(04-12-2014, 07:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Guess Who

Eh, Metro: Last Light and Crysis 3 don't have very different performance I think. Having figured of games with all the bells and whistles on is always a bit of bullshit to me when there are some settings that just cripple the framerate where it is perfectly fine to turn them off.

Originally Posted by Loofy

This. It looks a bit better than Witcher 2.

Er, having Witcher 2 fidelity in an open world setting is pretty damn impressive since The Witcher 2 still looks great.

Aside of that, I'm not sure if they already implemented the new lightning, I don't think so and they probably improve things in the coming time as the same thing happened with the Witcher 2. It also already looks a bit better than 2 imo.
Paracelsus
(04-12-2014, 07:52 AM)
I bet if it wasn't for all those bloated barely helpful lighting engines most games would still be maxed out on a 580.
erawsd
Sub-1080 @ 30fps, I'm sure that is what most of us expect. However, a game that looks like the Witcher 2? That sounds ridiculous.
okayfrog
Banned

Sounds unoptimized.

Actually it sounds more like they're developing for high-end PC's and then porting over to PS4/Xbone.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
If true, I hope the extra time can benefit all platforms in terms of performance. Of all the upcoming games we know of, this is the one I was most expecting to not be 1080p on PS4 despite hoping it will be.
Guess Who
Banned

Originally Posted by TucoBenedictoPacifico

I'm not making any claims regarding optimization. Regardless of how much detail the game is pushing, those claimed system requirements are absurd simply because they're beyond what all but the biggest enthusiasts actually have, in the same way Crysis was absurd in 2007.