• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Tales of Hearts (R) Coming to the West

Flarin

MsqwZTm.jpg

A friend that works at GameStop just sent this to me. If this turns out to be true, I assume this is the Vita re-released "R" version? We rarely get the Tales handheld titles so it'd be cool if we did indeed end up getting this.

You missed your chance. We already have FFX, P4G and Ys. All of which are far superior.

They could have been releasing rpgs on the Vitabwhen we were crying out for them.

Yes I'm still salty

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully it actually does. I'm not a huge fan of the Tales of games, but it's still something the west should have gotten long ago.

t26

Why? Even Vesperia PS3 would make more sense. Also I've heard it's pretty bad.

It is a game that isn't available in English on a system desperate for games. The other Xbox 360 to PS3 RPGs didn't do that well, and Vesperia PS3 has a lot of new stuff to translate.

Shiina

Why? Even Vesperia PS3 would make more sense. Also I've heard it's pretty bad.

I tried the Japanese demo and it was not only hard as balls but also pretty fun. I've also had both of those impressions confirmed by a friend that played the game. Don't know why some people here seem to dislike the game.

zeopower6

Well, it -was- one of the top requests for #jrpgvita, lol.

It is a game that isn't available in English on a system desperate for games. The other Xbox 360 to PS3 RPGs didn't do that well, and Vesperia PS3 has a lot of new stuff to translate.

I thought work on Vesperia PS3 was already done, it was just never released :/

Flarin

Lots of talk about this being the inferior version. Hard to imagine a DS version would be better, but then again...Chrono Trigger.

Soriku

You missed your chance. We already have FFX, P4G and Ys. All of which are far superior.

They could have been releasing rpgs on the Vitabwhen we were crying out for them.

Yes I'm still salty

Two ports and one new game.

With Namco, I'll believe it when I see it.

Anura

Can someone tell me why this is worse? I have heard similar statements elsewhere but I never heard the reasons why.

zeopower6

Lots of talk about this being the inferior version. Hard to imagine a DS version would be better, but then again...Chrono Trigger.

They kind of completely changed the way the game looks/plays, iirc. The DS one was 2D while this one is 3D with a new (?) battle system.

t26

Can someone tell me why this is worse? I have heard similar statements elsewhere but I never heard the reasons why.

Got rid of the amazing 2D battle system for some average 3D system. Also add in random encounter.

Flarin

Does that make those games worse because they are ports?

Nope. P4G had new characters and content, not to mention a ton of minor gameplay tweaks. The definitive version of that game without question. My favorite game of all time too, for what it's worth.

Shinta

Banned
I'd play it. I have trouble finding the motivation to sit in front of my TV for that long for a Tales of game. I'd rather play it on Vita, even if it is inferior in some way that I'm not even aware of.

Soriku

Got rid of the amazing 2D battle system for some average 3D system. Also add in random encounter.

I forgot both Hearts R and Innocence R have random encounters. WTF?

I think some events were cut out in Hearts R as well.

zeopower6

tbh though Tales of Hearts had that weird initial DS version too since it was like 'real life Tekken style models' vs. 'anime style' for the event scenes... so perhaps it was just intended to be the experimental Tales where they just changed a ton of shit around that they normally don't do, lol.

wmlAZzK.jpg

So... pretty....???

Heyt

Banned
I rather have the original tales of hearts translated and released as a eshop and/or PS Store game that having this one. Seriously.

No, but I think people who like JRPGs and the Vita aren't satisfied with just those.

I agree with that. We do need more rpgs. I loved my PSP for being an rpg machine

Nope. P4G had new characters and content, not to mention a ton of minor gameplay tweaks. The definitive version of that game without question. My favorite game of all time too, for what it's worth.

Only one place to get the full experience :)

Top Bottom