• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playfire Rewards Discussion Thread

DasFool

Submitted a support ticket several days ago for both missing rewards and lack of deposit as GMG credits (wallet balance has stayed at $0). No response.

I think this is a neat idea, but they probably should have done a closed beta before releasing this to the public. Seems very buggy.

Nillansan

I unlocked all the listed Typing of the Dead achievements besides Nifty Fingers (£0.50) last week, a shame really, but I managed to get the Nifty Fingers achievement today.

How to easily unlock the Nifty Fingers achievement.

Pick the Hard difficulty setting and toggle Hardcore Mode on (which allows you to intentionally make mistakes to make a new phrase appear). Pick the last level and then keep playing until you reach the segment in which a couple of mutants are throwing knives at you. Kill one of them, keep making mistakes until you get a phrase with thirty characters. The remaining mutant will keep throwing knives at you, make sure that you shoot them down.

Does this count for things you've already achieved in the past? It says I've earned rewards on Fez, but I haven't played Fez in months. Right now Portal 2 is up but I've completed most things in Portal 2 before this.

My credit says $0 at the moment (even though it lists I got credit from Fez).

Does this count for things you've already achieved in the past? It says I've earned rewards on Fez, but I haven't played Fez in months. Right now Portal 2 is up but I've completed most things in Portal 2 before this.

My credit says $0 at the moment (even though it lists I got credit from Fez).

Generally speaking, no, though other people have mentioned old Fez achievements working for them. At the program's introduction some of the achievements had retroactive rewards (dunno if intentional or not) but they've always had the proviso that only achievements you unlock during the eligibility period are, well, eligible.

As an aside, lately the rewards have been tracking and transferring to GMG much more regularly, so kudos to the dev team for that!

Lomax

Wish they had put Portal 2 on sale to coincide with this promotion, somehow I've managed to not pick it up previously and I'd jump at it now at 75% off.

Levyne

Banned
How long from earning the achievements does it take for it to show up at playfire.com? Just went after my first two playfire achievements today.

Edit: Oh. Every 1-3 hours according to the OP.

Hmm. My recent achievements tab is all fucked up. Is it supposed to be valid? "Games" lists a bunch of things all on the same date 2 months ago, and achievements lists a bunch of random games with no date last played.

How long from earning the achievements does it take for it to show up at playfire.com? Just went after my first two playfire achievements today.

Edit: Oh. Every 1-3 hours according to the OP.

Hmm. My recent achievements tab is all fucked up. Is it supposed to be valid? "Games" lists a bunch of things all on the same date 2 months ago, and achievements lists a bunch of random games with no date last played.

Their guide for it is 1-3 hours, but it's really anything up to 24. Did you link your account 2 months ago? If so, that would be why.

So is there any point in downloading the client?

It doesn't track Steam activity yet, so probably not.

Got all the Portal 2 co-op achievements for the rewards, but they haven't updated yet. It's been over a day.

Gonna wait until tomorrow, and might submit a ticket for them then.

BruteUA

Got all the Portal 2 co-op achievements for the rewards, but they haven't updated yet. It's been over a day.

Gonna wait until tomorrow, and might submit a ticket for them then.

The one I did for Papers, Please hasn't popped yet either. Maybe there's something up with that batch, still plenty of time left.

Vuze

Papers Please and Portal 2 have been added for me it seems.
8hB2T.png

I've experienced my first bug with the system. My Sonic achievements have a tick but it hasn't transferred. I'll wait a couple more days before submitting a ticket.

No rewards today because of the bank holiday. Maybe there will be double tomorrow?

nampad

I like how even starting the Trainz Simulator 12 is a chore. It's checking files for 5 minutes now already and the loading bar is barely at half.

Wiped twice at the final wave for The Boss in Killing Floor :/

I got that achievement earlier today in a few minutes, was really lucky.
Found a server with a bunch of other guys already playing in the second last wave, joined in on the final wave and boom, achievement received.
Might be worth looking for servers in the final waves if you don't want to waste more time than necessarily.

Awesomenauts have really easy achievements as well, you can get them in offline mode, except for Slimer's Evil Twin (just go to their area and kill them when they respawn).
Should take a maximum of 30-60 mins if you know exactly what to do.

Now I just need to get my two last co-op achievements in Portal 2 and get on with Sonic Gens and Doom 3.
How are the achievements on Sonic and Doom, time-consuming to get?

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, I had to send in a support ticket. My account is all f-ed up. Everything seems stuck to the day I linked accounts or something.

nampad

I got that achievement earlier today in a few minutes, was really lucky.
Found a server with a bunch of other guys already playing in the second last wave, joined in on the final wave and boom, achievement received.
Might be worth looking for servers in the final waves if you don't want to waste more time than necessarily.

That's actually what I did, I joined in one of the later stages of the level. Don't know why we had such a hard time with the boss when he was pretty easy in another level. He even got hit by like 20 C4 mines in one of the tries after we already got him good. He just shooked it off, lol.

Unfortunately, there aren't many populated servers playing the map with 10 waves in normal. Thought it would be more popular due to Playfire.

inm8num2

Yea it takes awhile for the GMG balance to update. Seems like there's a delay after each step (reward in account, credit for reward, credit transferred to GMG).

donny2112

Everything seems stuck to the day I linked accounts or something.

Yeah, mine's in about the same situation. Finally got one more credit posted now, though, so maybe they're working it out? Hope the Customer Service is able to work out the issues with delayed achievement recognition missing the cutoff date on the reward, though. :/

mannerbot

I had that problem where my rewards showed up correctly on my Playfire profile (and even had the tick mark) but weren't showing up in my GMG balance. I guess that GMG doesn't show you as being "active" if you don't purchase things regularly, since I noticed a pattern of people getting their Playfire balance transferred right after they made a purchase. So all I did was buy a free EVE Online trial, which made my rewards to show up in my GMG wallet, and I got Dark Souls 2 for $25.25. Hooray!

yatesl

This has never worked for me - I never even got 50p credit for linking Steam

Edit: I just checked the rewards page, and apparently it has been tracking stuff (even stuff I didn't know). I have £8.30 earned to date... but it still says £0.00 in the "Balance" box.

I had that problem where my rewards showed up correctly on my Playfire profile (and even had the tick mark) but weren't showing up in my GMG balance. I guess that GMG doesn't show you as being "active" if you don't purchase things regularly, since I noticed a pattern of people getting their Playfire balance transferred right after they made a purchase. So all I did was buy a free EVE Online trial, which made my rewards to show up in my GMG wallet, and I got Dark Souls 2 for $25.25. Hooray!

I bought the free trial and now my balance is correctly displayed on GMG.

That's odd that's the first time my balance ever got stuck it used to always reflect the credits that were deposted from playfire. I guess it's probably because of the downtime GMG had over the weekend.

Thanks for the protip

you can't earn rewards for achievements unlocked months ago? just seems stupid that the Rewards program isn't tailored towards each individual Steam profile

wetflame

Pizza Dog
you can't earn rewards for achievements unlocked months ago? just seems stupid that the Rewards program isn't tailored towards each individual Steam profile

Well, from a business standpoint it makes sense. It'd be pretty costly for them to a) hand out a huge amount of credit to people for retroactive achievements and b) tailor rewards to individual people's accounts with the amount of time that'd take. They're doing this to get people to buy games rather than award people for having played them. That's why most of the rewards are for games that are on sale on the site.

new rewards for Tuesday :

Always Remember Me - play for the first time - £0.10
Always Remember Me - unlock Aaron romance special - £0.10
Always Remember Me - unlock Lawrence romance special - £0.25
Always Remember Me - unlock Hugh romance special - £0.50
FRACT OSC - play for the first time - £0.10
Millie - play for the first time - £0.10
Millie - unlock Watchmaker - £0.10
Millie - unlock Master - £0.25
Millie - unlock Perfectionist - £0.50

Panda Rin

seems there's a nice special for DS2. you also get a bonus if you play it between April 24 and April 30.

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/playfire-rewards-beta-dark-souls-ii.html

Play for the first time - £0.10
Unlock The Dark Soul - £0.50
Unlock Self Recollection - £0.05
Unlock Supreme Weapon - £0.25
Unlock Gesture Maestro - £0.25
Unlock Master of Sorcery - £0.15
Unlock Master of Miracles - £0.15
Unlock Master of Pyromancy - £0.15
Unlock Master of Hexes - £0.15
Unlock Selfless Giver - £0.25
Unlock This is Dark Souls - £0.05

More Secret Achievements
Unlock King's Ring - £0.10
Unlock Ancient Dragon - £0.10
Unlock The Heir - £0.50
Unlock Last Giant - £0.05
Unlock Sinner's Bonfire - £0.05
Unlock Iron Keep Bonfire - £0.05
Unlock Gulch Bonfire - £0.05
Unlock Brightstone Bonfire - £0.05
Unlock Giant Lord - £0.05
Unlock Vendrick - £0.25
Unlock Brilliant Covenant - £0.05
Unlock Protector Covenant - £0.05
Unlock Sanguinary Covenant - £0.05
Unlock Covenant of the Meek - £0.05
Unlock Gnawing Covenant - £0.05
Unlock Clangorous Covenant - £0.05
Unlock Covenant of Ancients - £0.05
Unlock Covenant of the Fittest - £0.05
Unlock Abysmal Covenant - £0.05
Unlock Curious Map - £0.10
Unlock Change of Clothes - £0.10
Unlock Gathering of Exiles - £0.15
Unlock Moonlight Greatsword - £0.15
Unlock Holder of the Fort - £0.15
Unlock Lucatiel - £0.15
Unlock Smith for Life - £0.15
Unlock Garrulous Miser - £0.15
Unlock Reflections on Disembodiment - £0.15

zkylon

zkylewd
i got this from support today

Hello [zky]

Over the last couple of weeks we’ve experienced a couple of issues with a number of rewards. You will have received either zero or the incorrect amount of credit for getting a specific achievement. This will have been very frustrating and you have my apologies.

I am pleased to say that the issues were resolved prior to the rewards period ending, this will mean that the rewards that hadn’t been issued properly will now have been added to your Playfire Rewards page.

Thank you very much for your patience, I hope you continue to enjoy the Playfire Rewards Beta.

Kind Regards,
Karl

Green Man Gaming & Playfire
Customer Service

i submitted a ticket i think the day before yesterday and it got fixed almost immediately (seriosuly it was pretty cray), but this gives a bit of context that they might have been having issues which is why it was taking too long to show your rewards

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had no idea Always Remember Me hit Steam. The devs are giving out keys if you bought it in a bundle, so that's nice.

Top Bottom