• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs PAX East 2014 Gameplay Snippets

Came across these two videos posted at Watch Dogs Forums

https://vine.co/v/MJ5bLA25JW3 - 7 seconds, Pearce Jogging in the night

http://instagram.com/p/mvUiE4Jf4k/# - 5 seconds, Driving Car during the day

a0c898e214d11569b162a1df81401804.png

All footage from PS4 DevKit confirmed by Creative Director of WD Jonathan Morin.

If you have more to contribute, post them and I will add it.

Watch Dogs releases on May27th for the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC

DJIzana

Smells like PC footage to me but regardless, I'm still hyped for it.

I'm undecided if I'll pick it up for my PS4 or PC still. >_<

viveks86

The lighting doesn't look bad at all. Can't really judge anything else with that footage. Hope we get some direct feed footage or at least better quality from PAX. Heard that is a near-final build

Smells like PC footage to me but regardless, I'm still hyped for it.

I'm undecided if I'll pick it up for my PS4 or PC still. >_<

Jonathan Morin actually confirmed twice that it is PS4 footage. Having said that, obviously PC would be better if you have a really good rig. See if this thread helps you decide.

DJIzana

Look at the PC Specs and see if your PC can handle Watch Dogs, else just go for the PS4 version.

I've got a i7 950 with a GTX 680, 16gb DDR 3. Only thing I'm lacking is a newer CPU, really.

I hope it can fair well. I might just go with that. Especially if I can use DS4 on PC too. I prefer controllers for sandbox games. :p

kriskrosbbk

A random guy was there and this is what he shares about the hands off demo.

The first thing I noticed is how beautiful the game looked. I tried to look around to see someone playing or the origin point of the gameplay. I saw a beefy PC, but as it turns out, things were not as they seemed. What’s interesting is that the footage has been confirmed by Jonathan Moran (WD creative director) to be that of the PlayStation 4 version. After hearing this I was surprised because the game is visually impressive similar to that of a game like inFAMOUS Second Son. The light reflected and the sun glared off the road especially after it had rained, and I found myself drawn in by the character animations. If you remember the E3 2012 reveal gameplay, then you know what I’m getting at. It’s very slick and easy on the eyes.

In terms of gameplay, I never really got a sense on what was going on, but Ubisoft was showing off one of the missions in the game. Aiden was apparently hunting down a target (for reasons I must have missed) which ultimately culminated in the player causing a traffic accident and preventing the character from escaping in a vehicle. Using an IED and his phone to trigger the explosion, the target was eliminated. All of this chaos prompted people in the area to contact the police which kicked off the second part of the demo where Aiden works to escape the police. with little prompts in the world letting you know what can be interacted with, this player opted to use the “Blackout” in which the electrical grid of Chicago is powered down and everything goes dark. It’s a really impressive effect and performing that allowed the player to escape the police, park the car in an empty lot and turn off the car lights to lose his tail.

Visually, it’s mighty impressive especially now that the PS4 version has been shown off

Sounds good,right? If this is really the PS4 version,good times ahead.

source:http://gamercrash.com/2014/04/14/pax-east-2014-watch_dogs-hands-off-demo-impressions/

UnrealEck

I've got a i7 950 with a GTX 680, 16gb DDR 3. Only thing I'm lacking is a newer CPU, really.

I hope it can fair well. I might just go with that. Especially if I can use DS4 on PC too. I prefer controllers for sandbox games. :p

That's a considerably faster machine than a PS4.

SJRB

Gold Member
It was PS4, Austin. It was PS4 all along!

That youtube video is crazy, there's so much happening at the same time. Awesome.

I was going to say something about being unimpressed or about having steep PC requirements. Then I remembered I already bought this game for Origin a few days ago -___-

Tagg9

Can we please stop focusing on the graphics and talk more about the gameplay?

Graphics look fine, I'm just worried that there isn't enough mission variety.

viveks86

Full offscreen gameplay in crappy quality (credit to TheAireaidLord)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL2YIB9ho30

Footage is so poor it is difficult to say much about the visuals, but from what I can see it looks pretty nice and runs smoothly. Blur when he/she does focus mode in the car looks a bit strange though.

Very cool. Is that the first time we saw what a blackout felt like while driving through the city? Looks fun!

Hollow

A random guy was there and this is what he shares about the hands off demo.

The first thing I noticed is how beautiful the game looked. I tried to look around to see someone playing or the origin point of the gameplay. I saw a beefy PC, but as it turns out, things were not as they seemed. What’s interesting is that the footage has been confirmed by Jonathan Moran (WD creative director) to be that of the PlayStation 4 version. After hearing this I was surprised because the game is visually impressive similar to that of a game like inFAMOUS Second Son. The light reflected and the sun glared off the road especially after it had rained, and I found myself drawn in by the character animations. If you remember the E3 2012 reveal gameplay, then you know what I’m getting at. It’s very slick and easy on the eyes.

Sounds good,right? If this is really the PS4 version,good times ahead.

source:http://gamercrash.com/2014/04/14/pax-east-2014-watch_dogs-hands-off-demo-impressions/

That sounds great.

Just need to see it myself because what Ubi has shown hasn't been that impressive.

Full offscreen gameplay in crappy quality (credit to TheAireaidLord)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL2YIB9ho30

Footage is so poor it is difficult to say much about the visuals, but from what I can see it looks pretty nice and runs smoothly. Blur when he/she does focus mode in the car looks a bit strange though.

The blackout hack while driving was cool, I never even thought of that possibility. Combat looked fairly snappy as well which is always welcome in open world titles

sertopico

Yeah, but... Where is the gameplay? They're showing absolutely nothing about gameplay sequences, only cutscenes and Aiden walking or driving around.

edit: missed the pax 4 minutes video, that was good, stuff already seen in other vids anyway, i'd like something "meatier"...

It's an Ubisoft game. You already know there isn't going to be enough mission variety and it'll become insanely repetitive about 4 hours in...

DrBo42

The blackout hack while driving was cool, I never even thought of that possibility. Combat looked fairly snappy as well.which is always welcome in open world titles

Yeah blackout while driving was pretty cool. I was surprised the light from the searchlight was casting shadows of the railway through the gaps, really nice effect.

Visually appealing footage and interesting gameplay? This thread will die soon then.

To be fair, it is exceptionally poor quality. Hopefully someone will release a decent vid of it. It does look quite nice from what I can see, however. The city is pretty packed as well, which is good.

Jhn

I feel like I say this every time there's a convention going on, but why do the studios almost never release the content shown on the floor (which was inescapably captured by a potato with recording functionality at some point) online afterwards? I just don't see any downsides.

I feel like I say this every time there's a convention going on, but why do the studios almost never release the content shown on the floor (which was inescapably captured by a potato with recording functionality at some point) online afterwards? I just don't see any downsides.
Exactly. This is recorded gameplay. Release it.
Now we're watching it through an ass it seems. What device records with such poor quality anyway these days?

Looks good enough to me. Compared to some daytime footage we saw in the last few weeks, the game just feels so alive at night.

Still over a month to go, though :(

Top Bottom