• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta (Vita) finally announced for western release.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
NA: May 13
EU: May 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3hHGjs36tk

Soul Sacrifice Delta is an extended cut of 2013's well-received Vita game where every decision has consequential results. The action RPG that pits you against an evil sorcerer returns with a slew of new features including improvements to gameplay, graphics, new levels, characters and spells. The most notable addition to the series is the introduction of a new faction -- Grim -- and the ability to choose a third option of "Fate" on top of "Sacrifice" or "Save."

New bosses and lore primarily stem from Grimm's Fairy tales, adding Little Red Riding Hood & The Big Bad Wolf, Snow White & the Seven Dwarves, Cinderella & The Foot Fetishist, Hansel & Gretel, the Frog Prince and other mythological monsters such as Succubi and Chimera. New AI and moves will be added to the vanilla monsters.

Import thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779930

Regarding the data transfer limits from SS:
- Up to 10 offerings of one type.
- Up to 10 Souls/Sprits of one type.
- You can transfer most of the outfits (no details on the transfer screen).
- The "Angel" forbidden art can't be transferred.
- Up to 10000 tears can be transferred.
- Name is transferred.
- Level IS NOT transferred, but you get "Rumor pages" to increase the xp gain.
- There are limits for quests but it's A LOT of text.
- Seals unlocked in the previous game are unlocked once you reach a certain part in the storyline.

nampad

The trailer reminded me how gret the story was. I hate these expanded releases but I think I'll get SS Delta anyway.

Ryuukan

New bosses and lore primary stem from Grimm's Fairy tales, adding Snow White & the Seven Dwarves, Cinderella & The Foot Fetishist, Hansel & Gretel, the Frog Prince and other mythological monsters such as Succubi and Chimera.

Are they going to censor and rewrite everything for the western release again

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
fantastic news once again for the west along with the Freedom Wars announcement.

Now as someone else was saying all they need next is God Eater 2. Keep up the release onslaught!

So is this significant enough an upgrade that I should hold off on starting the original? I downloaded it while it was on PS plus but never started it.

Parakeetman

So is this significant enough an upgrade that I should hold off on starting the original? I downloaded it while it was on PS plus but never started it.

Yes it is. Might as well hold off since delta has all the content of the original plus more. The story is fantastic too for a dark fantasy setting personally.

ramyeon

That's just a month away! (I sound like a captain obvious :D)
Any info if it will be standalone only, or we will be able to purchase it as a dlc/addon?
I would be shocked if the distribution was different to Japan.

It'll be standalone only although I don't see it being full price.

what are the core gameplay changes?

if i didn't really enjoy the demo (combat didn't feel that great) will the changes be substantial enough to warrant a pickup?

ramyeon

what are the core gameplay changes?

if i didn't really enjoy the demo (combat didn't feel that great) will the changes be substantial enough to warrant a pickup?
Probably not.

They're substantial enough for fans to play it again, but if you didn't like the core gameplay this isn't going to change your mind.

krossj

I'm in if the content seems worth it. From the import impressions and the that list it seems like it is. Quite surprised they only announced it a month out.

Parakeetman

I'm in if the content seems worth it. From the import impressions and the that list it seems like it is. Quite surprised they only announced it a month out.

Considering that most folks would be familiar with the previous version, thankfully they dont have to do too much marketing ahead of time is what Id see it as. So as long as they have trailers that focus on what the new content is in Delta they should be good to go.

Its not as if they need to start a whole new marketing campaign is what Im trying to say, which needs of course more time.

Alric

Awesome, can't wait. Been playing some Soul Sacrifice again lately and excited for some better resolution and new content.

Redhood

Does this game has Player v/s player online? I read somewhere this had it before release but after that no update on this.

Parakeetman

Does this game has Player v/s player online? I read somewhere this had it before release but after that no update on this.

Only co-op play I do believe. Have the game and dont recall any sort of H2H mode. Main site (JP) one only talks of co-op also.

Top Bottom