• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light review embargo ends April 28th

Gestault

It looks like a real interface problem where it never notifies the buyer that a game is actually a pre-order. Here we go, step-by-step:

Front-page listing:
jbazptJnR54ggr.png

Adding to cart:
jTWEeTXiJrj6I.png

Viewing cart:
j2oNNq7SMkiaW.png

Final checkout:
jpVDuoGKn4mYP.png

I'm definitely waiting for the reviews for this one... it looks nice, but a lot of times with western games in a more traditional Japanese style (and well, western RPGs too), the balance is all out of whack. Super simple combat with occasional insane spikes in difficulty.

I am also waiting for impressions before I jump in. I've been burned before on games that look pretty, but have substandard gameplay (see Odin Sphere).

But the battle system is supposed to be Grandia-esque, so hopefully they're on the right track as far as gameplay goes.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Exhibit A

It should really say "Digital Pre-Order" or "Pre-Purchase" down where it says "PSN Game."

Maybe they are assuming that because it's in the "coming soon" section people will understand it's a pre-order, but that's definitely not a smart assumption. The Last of Us is clearly labeled as a pre-order and everything else should be too.

Pimpwerx

I hate embargoes. So pointless.

Is there any confirmation that preordering this game gets you that golem DLC? PEACE.

Tayaya

So..... on the PS4 page for the game: Here.

720p HD Video Output

Please say it isn't so... has this been confirmed? Is THIS how we achieve parity across all platforms?

Last I checked this uses the same engine as Rayman Legends, which can run in 1080 on the Wii U for crying out loud.

720p HD Video Output

Please say it isn't so... has this been confirmed? Is THIS how we achieve parity across all platforms?

Last I checked this uses the same engine as Rayman Legends, which can run in 1080 on the Wii U for crying out loud.

Although both were 1080p didn't the Wii U version of rayman legends actually run a smidgen better than the ps4 version (slightly less compressed textures I think)

dcx4610

I was excited for the game and the trailer gave me the feels.

...then I saw the combat was turn based. A platformer (?) with turn based combat?

I'm not sold on it now. Will definitely wait for reviews. Hopefully it turns out good.

720p HD Video Output

It is an error. On the Trials and Amazing spider man 2 store page it said 720p but the devs confirmed 1080p. It is an error on the Store.

I'm definitely waiting for the reviews for this one... it looks nice, but a lot of times with western games in a more traditional Japanese style (and well, western RPGs too), the balance is all out of whack. Super simple combat with occasional insane spikes in difficulty.

From what I've played so far, the balance has been reasonably good (on Hard). Also, the game has been awesome; I highly recommend picking it up.

Usobuko

Banned
Waiting for reviews and most importantly certain GAF impression as well. I may be interested purely by the aesthetics but these are never reasons to go day one on anything.

Dambrosi

Banned
Already preordered, GMG and Playfire have been really good to me over the last month. Looking forward to it. Loving the art style.

I saw the last trailer and it looked awesome. The artstyle by Yoshitaka Amano is amazing but i dont know how expensive/risky it would be to have such a artstyle troughout a game.

We as oldschool RPG fans would love it. But people who havent seen the artstyle of FF before Final Fantasy 10 are not familiar with it.
More to the point, it should now be doable in both 2D and 3D with today's graphics tech. I'm imagining an approach like that used in El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron, or something along those lines, graphically at least..

Imagine - a Final Fantasy VI remake with Amanoesque 3D models
or maybe better yet, 2D sprites
, lineart, cel-shading, funky colours and all. How much would you fork over for that?

Top Bottom