• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think the silence around KH2.5 has anything to do with a now-planned Ps4 Ver.?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I mean it would make alot of sense to release at least in the West a PS4 version (together with the Ps3's one) considering it'll be out at least for september or december next, when Ps3 will almost be completely forgotten.

Jack cw

No. The HD Remaster would look and run probably the same if KH1 or FFX are any indicators. KH ran at something 900p with 30fps and FFX runs at 1080p and 30 fps on PS3. SE wont do new assets for a PS4 version.

I really doubt it, it could get a dual release but I assume it's staying on the PS3, even more considering how the PS4 isn't that hot in japan.

fernoca

Well, I remember them talking about losing code for the first game and doing many things from scratch for 1.5...maybe the silence is because of that (again :p).

A PS4 version would be great. Xbox One too, since they announced KHIII for both platforms.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Both KH compilation have to hit PS4 before they release KH3 - i mean its quite logic...right ? PS4 development is supposed to be so easy, so i dont quite get why they dont just announce a PS4 version for all these late PS3 titles as well.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Both KH compilation have to hit PS4 before they release KH3 - i mean its quite logic...right ? PS4 development is supposed to be so easy, so i dont quite get why they dont just announce a PS4 version for all these late PS3 titles as well.

Maybe they're planning an huge pack 1.5+2.5 for 2015 or something like that. I doubt they're going to skip that chance.

genbatzu

Hopefully a Vita version?

(Hopefully this isn't port begging...)

yeah, a Vita Version would be good, since I've my PS4 I only touched my PS3 for LR:FFXIII and as soon as a game is announced for PS3 I look for informations on a PS4/Vita version ^^

I still have KH 1.5 LE lying around... untouched q_q

cw_sasuke

Maybe they're planning an huge pack 1.5+2.5 for 2015 or something like that. I doubt they're going to skip that chance.

I hope so - i would play full price for such a collection. Fill that blu ray to the limit with all games running in 1080p.

didn't they say that the reason they are doing hd collections is so they can get most of the KH games all on one system? i dont see them releasing 2.5 on ps4, at least for now

Namikaze

No, I think that work on the PS3 version started a long time ago and there was never a PS4 version in consideration. Maybe now that SE can see strong WW PS4 sales they will port it over, but I doubt it. I personally believe that we could see a KH 1.5+2.5 PS4 package closer to KH3's release on PS4.

yeah, a Vita Version would be good, since I've my PS4 I only touched my PS3 for LR:FFXIII and as soon as a game is announced for PS3 I look for informations on a PS4/Vita version ^^

I still have KH 1.5 LE lying around... untouched q_q

Do we have any sales data for X/X-2 HD on Vita? They kinda implied they'd base all future potential HD games on Vita on that.

genbatzu

Do we have any sales data for X/X-2 HD on Vita? They kinda implied they'd base all future potential HD games on Vita on that.

in some other thread on neogaf I've read that they were not as good as PS3 (surprise!) but not bad either.
The Vita has a pretty high attach rate und - afaik - a good amount of digital purchases which makes it hard to get accurate sales numbers :/

Sales also might not be as high, because only the PS3 Version got a FFX/X-2 HD Limited Edition :/

i bought FFX/X-2HD on Vita

Ironjam

It sold 300k+ at retail in Japan and it was in the top 10 psn downloads in the west. No idea about western retail, but i think it sold 500k+ worldwide retail + psn.

No. Your jumping to conclusions based on their silence which means nothing considering they are never willing to talk about anything except their precious XIII sub-series.

Sandfox

Not really.

Why do they have to again? I'm not following you. Are you saying sequels never hit only a next-gen system without a port of the previous ones?

For the record, I do think KH 1.5/2.5 will hit PS4. Just not until way later in the generation, probably after KH3

Lnds500

For the record, I do think KH 1.5/2.5 will hit PS4. Just not until way later in the generation, probably after KH3

Doesn't make much sense to release them after KH3 on the PS4.

I hope they bring them over to the PS4 and cut the crap and release 3D as well.

Doesn't make much sense to release them after KH3 on the PS4.

I hope they bring them over to the PS4 and cut the crap and release 3D as well.

HD collections get released after sequels all the time. Devil May Cry 4 came out before the HD collection, Splinter Cell: Double Agent came out before the HD collection, a bunch of Ratchet and Clank games came out on PS3 before the HD collection

Lnds500

HD collections get released after sequels all the time. Devil May Cry 4 came out before the HD collection, Splinter Cell: Double Agent came out before the HD collection, a bunch of Ratchet and Clank games came out on PS3 before the HD collection

Yeah, but that's because the trend/craziness of remastering games started after these games had come out (if I'm not mistaken).

The God of War Collection's purpose though was to get everyone up to speed and hyped for the next entry. Most of the collections that followed are keeping the same formula.

Besides, Square has stated multiple times that the main reason they are doing it is to gather the games on one system [so they can avoid the (unavoidable) scrutiny from fans when KH3 is released] and get people up to speed for KH3.

mjontrix

I think they're just low of staff so development has been slow - probably everyone is hands on deck for FF15. KH 2.5 and KH3 are probably going to be done simultaneously anyways - They'd want to release 2.5 close to 3 so people will catchup on the back-story and not be completely lost. So it may be ported to PS4 if that's the scenario.

I don't think a PS4 version would make much of a difference if they were to make one now. The team from KH1 and 2 is working on FFXV and the one for BBS/DDD is doing some early work on KH3. I don't think they really have the resources to spare at the moment to make many new assets or anything, so there isn't that much of a point to having the extra power.

18-Volt

Yeah, a Vita version would make a lot of sense. But probably both won't happen, since Disney refuses to release KH games digitally and Sony requires every PS4 and Vita game to have digital version.

cw_sasuke

Why do they have to again? I'm not following you. Are you saying sequels never hit only a next-gen system without a port of the previous ones?

They don't have to - but with how easy it is to develop for PS4 we really shouldn't make a big a big deal out of it. The Userbase will be on PS4 and a port won't cost them much. I see it more as a DVD and Blu-ray kind of situation, if possible their should also be a PS4 release. Especially when the next game in the series will also hit the console.

why do they have to hit PS4 before KHIII?

Ponn

Banned
They don't have to - but with how easy it is to develop for PS4 we really shouldn't make a big a big deal out of it. The Userbase will be on PS4 and a port won't cost them much. I see it more as a DVD and Blu-ray kind of situation, if possible their should also be a PS4 release. Especially when the next game in the series will also hit the console.

I agree mostly because eventually when i get a PS4 I will finally be able to play KH BBS on my Vita.

Vashetti

Banned
The "silence" around it is because it's SE and they don't give a fuck.

They will speak about it when they're damn ready and nothing before.

With over 7 million PS4's sold there's more than enough PS4 owners to justify giving them a port.

Depends on the port cost. This series isn't exactly that popular anymore. It's been almost a decade since it was on a home console. I'm surprised they arent doing a PS3 version of KH3 because I don't think the next gen version will sell that well.

KHlover

Banned
Depends on the port cost. This series isn't exactly that popular anymore. It's been almost a decade since it was on a home console. I'm surprised they arent doing a PS3 version of KH3 because I don't think the next gen version will sell that well.
IIRC KH 1.5 HD sold pretty well and just about anyone pissed themselves when KH3 was announced last E3.

I think I disagree with you.

IIRC KH 1.5 HD sold pretty well and just about anyone pissed themselves when KH3 was announced last E3.

I think I disagree with you.

It sold pretty well on PS3 with over 10 times as many consoles sold. Im just saying those 7 million PS4s sold probably isn't enough to warrant a port if its expensive, especially when a small percentage of that 7 million cares anything about Kingdom Hearts.

DryvBy

I hope it is released on PS4 simply so I can stream and record video. I'm too cheap and lazy to get my PS3 to stream.

Lace

Yeah, a Vita version would make a lot of sense. But probably both won't happen, since Disney refuses to release KH games digitally and Sony requires every PS4 and Vita game to have digital version.
If that's the case what does that mean for Kingdom Hearts 3 if PS4 requires digital?

raven777

well, they said last week that they are ready to reveal info. I expect infos to show up by the end of the month on famitsu.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

No, it really doesn't. The first game didn't release on Vita and the userbase is tiny. Not sure where your statement is coming from.

Hopefully a Vita version?

(Hopefully this isn't port begging...)

KH2FM+BBSFM on Vita would be too awesome for the world to handle. Even SE wouldn't be that irresponsible.

I remember the good times when I expected the game to release in March for Japan and May for West because of it being so late in PS3 life *laugh*

;-;

Top Bottom