• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

daydream

Banned
Offside is kinda broken, it seems. I had a player of mine pass the ball back (!) to defence and the game called it offside (which, yes, a player of mine was offside in the other half of the field).

Can you expand a bit on this? I'm still trying to understand how potential works.
Does it decrease over time ( = after X matches) or what?

I'm guessing after a certain number of training sessions (which would suck, since I'm kinda burning through the cards when I'm not seeing a combo).

daydream

Banned
Anyone got a website that lists the training card combos? I'm not having much luck coming up with my own.

Here's the ones that I collected from this thread (+ my own):

Linked Partners = Passing + Aerobics + Mini-camp
Marking Transfer = Marking + Gaming
Chasing = Pressuring + Aerobics
Relentless Pressure = Pressuring + Weights + Mini-camp
The Chain = Analysis + Marking + Line Control
Attack Pivot = Dribbling + PK Practice
Midfield Maestro = Place Kicks + Passing + Agility
Multitool = Analysis + Stretching
Rush Attack = Dribbling + Passing + Signing
Iron Defence = Marking + Pressuring
Compact Field = Pressuring + Line Control
? = Meditation + Shooting + Oil Massage

Haven't found anything on other sites, yet.

BriBri

This helped when I played the JP version...

http://japanjapanjan.web.fc2.com/

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls

I'll update the OP as they come.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wow, the game only hit EU NOW? Didn't the game come out in japan ages ago?

Chaos17

Played a similar game on mobile months ago.
By Kairosoft

b9WOlYKIJVbD9BjIbUgqZGbuetiP9VnIPcgndRRaIGo_wFvlKCSS5Q9Bqc8eTM3hvVg=h900

Imo, they look a bit similar.
I'm surprised.

Can you expand a bit on this? I'm still trying to understand how potential works.
Does it decrease over time ( = after X matches) or what?

Potentials, at least in the GBA game, affected how much a player will grow from a training session. I don't know what exactly made it decrease, whether it was games played or training sessions, but the player would gain less and less EXP from the cards the lower their potential got. It got pretty hard to level characters up after a while.

Magic Trapping:
Freestyling + Judo - Increases Technique and Willpower
Pivot Turn:
Agility + Aerobics - Increased Speed and Technique

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Played a similar game on mobile months ago.
By Kairosoft

Imo, they look a bit similar.
I'm surprised.

The original game, Calcio Bit, was released on the GBA back in 2006 whereas I think Pocket League Story hit the PC back in 2009 or 2010. It's probably easy to see the similarities since Kairosoft have their own sprite sets.

Currently sitting at the top of the league and goal and assists tables.

Okay it's only been three matches but it feels good damn it!

Got smashed 6-0 in one of the early games -_-

Lucifon

What's with the huge amount of DLC already on the store? Any idea what they add, sounds like teams?

Feels abit cheeky when the game already comes across as slightly overpriced next to things like Kairosoft's games.

MicH

As someone who doesn't like football (at all) in real life, would this be for me? I love the style and the RPG elements sound really fun!

Yasawas

What's with the huge amount of DLC already on the store? Any idea what they add, sounds like teams?

Feels abit cheeky when the game already comes across as slightly overpriced next to things like Kairosoft's games.

This put me off a bit too, is it a big deal?

My new debit card doesn't work on Nintendo devices for some reason so I have to go to a shop to buy a card. What the fuck is this.

Mael

Ok so I started this morning and I'm very pleasantly surprised.
Very charming game really.
Had to clean the fridge on my sd card because man is it a heavy game, a physical release would have been best I think considering the size.
2 saves so I'm not stuck with only a save which would be pretty shitty.
So I started with a team in what is basically my hometown in France with the correct positioning (you can choose your ), with the colors and everything (Allez l'AllianceVO!).
I'm not happy with the banner option which seems pretty limited then I guess it avoid penis shaped flags galore.
Based on my very limited experience my team so far is shit, they can't make a pass to save their lives, the offensive players can't shoot for shit but the goalie is actually managing to avoid goals so far and the defenders are lousy and just give back the balls to opponents.
It's like I'm watching a real League 1 match!
I'm loving this game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fucking NoA...
We should ask Bill Trinen, he's a big Seattle Sounders fan iirc.

I think this might end up releasing in the US, that they brought Inazuma Eleven over (and did their own dubbing) gives me hope.

JoV

My team is starting to come together halfway through the first season. Have a stopper and a explorer, just need to get my strikers scoring consistently and I'll be set...

Mael

The DLC prices are pretty embarrassing. Is the game well playable without it?

What are you talking about?
They're teams you buy to play match against to get additional training cards.
It's not like there's a whole mode unlocked or anything.

And yep it's Level 5 that published it in NA.
The digital release was probably the only way they found to release it there since NoA seemed totally oblivious about it.
Heck the existence of the whole project was probably to break the NA market for Inazuma.

Shiggy

What are you talking about?
They're teams you buy to play match against to get additional training cards.
It's not like there's a whole mode unlocked or anything.

So it's not like you cannot advance in the game without them? That's good to know. When I'm paying 12 EUR for a digital game i want to be able to fully complete it.

Mael

So it's not like you cannot advance in the game without them? That's good to know. When I'm paying 12 EUR for a digital game i want to be able to fully complete it.

That's actually a game that got a full priced release in Japan, so this is a more than fair price for this.
At 40bucks it would have been higher way robbery than Steel Diver was.
But yeah I don't know where you're going with this but it's actually a fairly complete game for what it is.
You can compete online, through streetpass and even exchange players this way so I guess you could farm cards this way.
As far as DLC goes it's more substantial than simple costume swaps you'd see in a fighting game and vastly less than that batman game you had to pay to get the full game.

RiggyRob

My team is starting to come together halfway through the first season. Have a stopper and a explorer, just need to get my strikers scoring consistently and I'll be set...

How did you get your players to change to stopper/explorer? All I've got are balanced players atm.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
12euro for the digital version of a retail game
and yes, dlc are useless, while basic game contents are huge

Shiggy

That's actually a game that got a full priced release in Japan, so this is a more than fair price for this.
At 40bucks it would have been higher way robbery than Steel Diver was.
But yeah I don't know where you're going with this but it's actually a fairly complete game for what it is.
You can compete online, through streetpass and even exchange players this way so I guess you could farm cards this way.
As far as DLC goes it's more substantial than simple costume swaps you'd see in a fighting game and vastly less than that batman game you had to pay to get the full game.

What I mean is that I don't want to buy a digital game for 12 EUR when substantial content is locked away. It's not 2005 anymore when I bought GBA games for 40 EUR. Game prices have signifanctly decreased since then, so I don't really care about how much it cost in Japan. I feel the 12 EUR are a reasonable price for the game.

Street Pass only works with people on the street, right? Not really into that but if the cards are available via the online mode, I think it's alright and I will bite.

And why did you mention Steel Diver? The DLC wasn't really substantial and for 10 EUR it was a neat - while not particularly cheap - title.

12euro for the digital version of a retail game
and yes, dlc are useless, while basic game contents are huge

That's good to hear, gonna buy it then.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Game doesn't hold back, I moved up a league and now I'm just getting destroyed their. And their isn't much you can do, would love if the game Gabe you more options and more feedback to prepare for these games. It's still entertaining, but it seems like it'll get grindy very soon. Additionally you have a match league every week in the upper league, so there isn't much time for training as before.

Staying in the league is my No. 1 goal. The club also has way too high expectation, expecting cups and trophies when I just moved up lol....

Mael

What I mean is that I don't want to buy a digital game for 12 EUR when substantial content is locked away. It's not 2005 anymore when I bought GBA games for 40 EUR. Game prices have signifanctly decreased since then, so I don't really care about how much it cost in Japan. I feel the 12 EUR are a reasonable price for the game.
This is what I'm saying, it's not a full priced physical release because it won't fly anymore.
The DLC is really special teams that would help get specific cards, playing other people's team should lead to the same result.
I didn't code the game so I can't assure you that you can't drop the cards any other way.
Street Pass only works with people on the street, right? Not really into that but if the cards are available via the online mode, I think it's alright and I will bite.

You're misunderstanding.
You get the card by playing matches, you can play other people's team through Streetpass and Spotpass (basically online and local).

And why did you mention Steel Diver? The DLC wasn't really substantial and for 10 EUR it was a neat - while not particularly cheap - title.
No I'm talking Steel Diver not the sequel.
That was a fullpriced released.

That's good to hear, gonna buy it then.

Hope you have fun with it!
It's more Football manager light than FIFA and you can't skip watching matches too.

Game doesn't hold back, I moved up a league and now I'm just getting destroyed their. And their isn't much you can do, would love if the game Gabe you more options and more feedback to prepare for these games. It's still entertaining, but it seems like it'll get grindy very soon.

Staying in the league is my No. 1 goal. The club also has way too high expectation, expecting cups and trophies when I just moved up lol....
This really feels like real football lol

JoV

How did you get your players to change to stopper/explorer? All I've got are balanced players atm.

Keep leveling them up with combos. Iron Defence and Attack Pivot are good ones to use for defenders and midfielders respectively. It took a little while, about 7 or 8 weeks or so.

Kuntz

Man, 3 subs per match is harsh, it's always a hard decision when everyone is exhausted...

Also : come on friend list, play this game :(

RiggyRob

Keep leveling them up with combos. Iron Defence and Attack Pivot are good ones to use for defenders and midfielders respectively. It took a little while, about 7 or 8 weeks or so.

Ah so it's combos specifically? I'd have thought just using cards that don't combine would do it as well, guess I need to get experimenting.

Edit: I reckon the OP should be kept updated with the card combos in spoiler tags, just so we have an easy point of reference for them.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ah so it's combos specifically? I'd have thought just using cards that don't combine would do it as well, guess I need to get experimenting.

Edit: I reckon the OP should be kept updated with the card combos in spoiler tags, just so we have an easy point of reference for them.
Just normal cards do it as well I think, but with combos you level up faster.

13 games and 1win, 5 draws and 8 losses so far - daaaaamn.

Ninja Dom

Couple of quick questions?

1) How do you increase/decrease the salary of your players. I can see how much salary they get but I can't change anything.

2) What to the Green ticks mean on the Player Information cards?

Porcile

Fake Madrid won their opening league match. Got some hammerings in friendly matches though haha

In an earlier practice match one of my midfielders scored a Zizou 2002 Champions League Final volley. It was genius 0_0.

Ninja Dom

Fake Madrid won their opening league match. Got some hammerings in friendly matches though haha

In an earlier practice match one of my midfielders scored a Zizou 2002 Champions League Final volley. It was genius 0_0.

Shame you can't record goals in Practice Matches. You can record goals in Friendlies and proper matches.

STG

how about we share some friendcodes?
3282-2612-1503

I already won my first online match, feels good.

Top Bottom