• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
$38 is the lowest price and that's how it's been for over a month on Nuuvem.

It is a reliable site, I've bought at least 11 games and haven't had any problems at all; you just have to create an account. The pre-order also includes all the bonuses featured in every other site: Digital Art-book, Digital OST, a Comic and those 10 weapons.

The only region locked country is Japan. Keep that in mind.

Shit I didn't realize that included the pre-order stuff. I ordered from there a while ago. Very cool stuff.

Tecl0n

A simple question, spoil the answer if you have to. There is no lolstat this time around? (Like resistance in the first game)

Orayn

A simple question, spoil the answer if you have to. There is no lolstat this time around? (Like resistance in the first game)

I don't actually know the answer to this, but there will always be dump stats depending on your build.

What I do know is that the functionality of Resistance has been upgraded and incorporated into a new stat that at least sounds useful.

Valygar

I just bought it on nuuvem, great opportunity for us Europeans since it's like a -40% discount (28,6€ with PayPal conversion).

Do they give you the code the day 25th? Right now it says not yet available.

very curious to see how the controller input lag is. If it diminished/gone I'd consider doubling dipping. I can see that making the game less frustrating

I just bought it on nuuvem, great opportunity for us Europeans since it's like a -40% discount (28,6€ with PayPal conversion).

Pre-sales, release on 25/04/2014

I'm guessing we'll get it close to the 25th. Always hit and miss when you buy outside of steam.

Are there any PC pics with the HUD on? I wonder if they still used low-res item icons and stuff.

I thought Durante posted some? The ones I've seen look pretty damn good.

This is a great thread title for a PC port haha. I think the Console version looks fine personally, but I'm not a graphics snob.

I did recently get a sweet new card though so I might pick this up for some NG+ play throughs

Panda Rin

I caved and bought it from GMG for $28 after credit/coupon. I feel dirty though, I still haven't even finished the first one.

Found a pic. Seems like the reused icons from Dark Souls 1 haven't been upgraded. Seems like a minor complaint but I really wanted that high-res Estus Flask.

unlocking-the-mansion.jpg

See how the new icons are way sharper.

I manged to stay away from any media after that initial gameplay demo that had the best lighting/assets they showed before E3.

March went by quick but holy shit once April rolled around it seemed like everything slowed down to a crawl.

It's gonna be a long week but I'm ready
(I'm not ready)

Playfire needs to hurry up and deposit my rewards so I can preorder. My rewards page shows that all have the tick beside them, and even says the I have GMG credit, but my actually GMG account has no such credit.

Don't give up there, that area is more or less the peak of the difficulty curve, you start to feel like you're going downhill after that point.

Just don't want to get burned out of the formula before DS2. I'll probably jump back in at some point. Those Knights were really starting to break me.

Skipped the console release and managed to play through most of Demon's Souls and all of Dark Souls during the waiting period. Suffice to say, I'm very much ready for this.

Orayn

Found a pic. Seems like the reused icons from Dark Souls 1 haven't been upgraded. Seems like a minor complaint but I really wanted that high-res Estus Flask.

unlocking-the-mansion.jpg

See how the new icons are way sharper.

HUD still looks a tiny bit grainy too. Unfortunate, but a lot of games have 2D UI components that don't look good at high resolutions, even PC-centric ones like Witcher 2.

Boost adaptability to 20 and keep it there. That's the point where I feel your character crosses the sluggishness threshold and becomes about as nimble as your DS1 character. Some might argue it's a pointless stat like resistance was but I've noticed real and useful effects from leveling it to a certain degree.

Dat thread title.

I haven't found much use for adaptability. I am not even sure what it does (like resistance). I would be weary. Then again, you can experiment once you
respec
with a
soul vessel.

Garcia

Yep. Everything gets released on the 25th.

z1ggy

Only game i´m hyped for. After more than 20 years playing games, i don´t get hyped easily. But Souls series gave me exactly what i needed: A dark, hardcore, action rpg. What makes me sad is that i'll have to wait for an eventually Dark Souls 3 or a Demons Souls 2 to experience this again.

Also Grief, in my opinion, Demons Souls is a superior experience. Don´t wait to play this gem.

Only game i´m hyped for. After more than 20 years playing games, i don´t get hyped easily. But Souls series gave me exactly what i needed: A dark, hardcore, action rpg. What makes me sad is that i'll have to wait for an eventually Dark Souls 3 or a Demons Souls 2 to experience this again.

Also Grief, in my opinion, Demons Souls is a superior experience. Don´t wait to play this gem.

Wait, so your super hyped for DS2, but your sad because eventually you'll have to wait for another sequel after you play DS2? Ha, brother take it one step at a time. DS2 is awesome and freaking meaty.

duckroll

We've heard the feedback regarding this thread, and discussed it. It's a fair point that sometimes a solution doesn't fit every situation. Having considered that, it would be fair to let the PC-only players experience the game the way everyone who has already played it did.

I'm reopening this thread to allow new players on PC the fresh experience and interaction with fellow players. But when the time comes for this thread (or its successor) to be be moved into Community within a month or so, it would make more sense for discussion at that point to be centralized. At that point there will be a single on-going OT for future Dark Souls 2 discussion in Community, since most players would be experienced enough with the game to interact freely.

I hope this solution is satisfactory, and addresses the concerns expressed. Thanks for understanding.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
We've heard the feedback regarding this thread, and discussed it. It's a fair point that sometimes a solution doesn't fit every situation. Having considered that, it would be fair to let the PC-only players experience the game the way everyone who has already played it did.

I'm reopening this thread to allow new players on PC the fresh experience and interaction with fellow players. But when the time comes for this thread (or its successor) to be be moved into Community within a month or so, it would make more sense for discussion at that point to be centralized. At that point there will be a single on-going OT for future Dark Souls 2 discussion in Community, since most players would be experienced enough with the game to interact freely.

I hope this solution is satisfactory, and addresses the concerns expressed. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks duckroll, I think that's the perfect solution :) After a period of time there's no need to keep things separate as many of us will be playing the shit out of it from next Friday onwards.

Garcia

Again, thank you duckroll (and other mods) for being reasonable and understanding to the scope of the situation. You're great guys.

LiK

you're a good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom