• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q - Shadow of the Labyrinth : 2 new trailers (April 18)

L~A

Did you know? Persona Q : Shadow of the Labyrinth is coming out in less than 2 months in Japan (June 5). And of course, Atlus is still keeping the pressure on with new trailers.

This time around, there's two of them (but they aren't characters trailers, for some reason) :

- Trailer 1
- Trailer 2

In addition to doing extra damage, hitting a weak point puts the attacking character into Boost mode. The next time that character takes a turn, their skill cost will not cost any SP. That gives players an opportunity to use really powerful attacks without draining SP.

Boost Mode is also the ticket to doing all out attacks. While in Boost mode you have a chance to do a Follow Up Attack where one character will do an additional attack. If more characters are in Boost Mode you’ll have a higher chance to land an All-Out Attack where the entire five person party strikes.

Source

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
They're not really trailers so much as just videos explaining mechanics, which is what they've all been the last few weeks. This week's batch deals with follow-up and All Out Attacks in that first video you've linked and the Boost system in the second. There's not really any new information to divine from them if you've been following developments on the game; the only thing I really found of note was that I was finally able to deduce that All Out Attacks don't require all enemies to be downed this time around, but that was more or less implied in existing previews. I don't plan on touching them for subtitling unless something drastically new is shown since the captions are all otherwise just saying pretty obvious things.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, nothing too compelling in the past weeks with these battle trailers. Maybe they'll start showing some more interesting things in the future since this seems to be the last of them.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I wonder how much the 3DS LLs will go for on the after market seeing how its sold out everywhere.

By far this is one of my most anticipated upcoming games since it combines 2 awesome things. Persona and EO style gameplay.

L~A

I just noticed something interesting : starting with the April video, copyright at the end of the video says (c) ATLUS (c) SEGA. Makes sense, they did change their name on April 1st and finally went back to ATLUS as a proper company.

L~A

Sorry for the double-post, but Siliconera got some info on the All-out Attacks and Boost mode (nothing really new, though).

In addition to doing extra damage, hitting a weak point puts the attacking character into Boost mode. The next time that character takes a turn, their skill cost will not cost any SP. That gives players an opportunity to use really powerful attacks without draining SP.

Boost Mode is also the ticket to doing all out attacks. While in Boost mode you have a chance to do a Follow Up Attack where one character will do an additional attack. If more characters are in Boost Mode you’ll have a higher chance to land an All-Out Attack where the entire five person party strikes.

Source

Jeels

Wow, those Chibi characters are adorable!

The enemy models are not so impressive.

Between this and Arena (and maybe Persona Vita this year?), there's more than enough to fill my persona quota.

L~A

Not sure where the post it, but we can expect some big Persona Q new this week. Apparently, Famitsu got an article about the game (as well as PA2). In the preview scan below, we can even see the dungeon mapping feature :
YWVoJcV.jpg

goKWW8f.jpg

eesWnSa.jpg

Fa4xyYO.jpg

Top Bottom