• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store 99¢ Flash Sale (Braid, PvZ, SSHD, Tokyo Jungle, Back to the Future, more)

Slaylock

I'm not seeing much love for Braid, given the wild hype it had in it's day.

Does everyone already have it, or is there not much interest there?

dhonk

There is optional filtering but even without filters they display at a slightly narrower aspect ratio than original hardware.

Is that true? Been playing (physical) PS1 games on my PS3 with filtering turned off and they look fantastic. Never noticed an aspect ratio difference, but its been a while since Ive played a PS1.

Akahige

I'm not seeing much love for Braid, given the wild hype it had in it's day.

Does everyone already have it, or is there not much interest there?
Own it on 360 and PC myself, I'm a lot of the folks on here do own it already since it was one of the big download titles.

BigDug13

So why the F are those games still not Vita compatible? My modded PSP can play them all. It's bullshit. Sony I'm trying to give you money. Let me give you money for F's sake.

So why the F are those games still not Vita compatible? My modded PSP can play them all. It's bullshit. Sony I'm trying to give you money. Let me give you money for F's sake.

It's greed or incompetence or both. Not sure who is responsible.
I also want Wipeout XL and Wip3out while we are dreaming.

are bttf and sam&max worth it?
Worth .99¢? Yes. Worth your time playing through them? Debatable.

ZeroCDR

Shit, for 99 cents I wish I could "buy" some of these games I "own" on ps+

I'm in this boat, I already have the Spyro games on + but I'd love to take them off subscription by actually paying for them now.

One time I bought a Silent Hill PS1 code forgetting that I had it on PS+, contacted support to see if they could help and they had fuck-all idea on how to remove the PS+ version from my account. They told me to redeem it on an alt account instead.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Engh, I've got $10 from Sony Rewards, and there are so many tempting games. I just don't know if I'm actually going to get around to playing any of these .

vocab

are bttf and sam&max worth it?

BTTF if only you are a fan of BTTF. I personally think Same and Max season 3 and Tales of Monkey Island are superior adventure games. BTTF while has a lot of fan service, and it's pretty easy as far as adventure games go. I kinda got bored with it around the fourth episode. I need to finish it, but it's not something I want to play right now.

Ha! I came really close to buying Blast Factor earlier this week for some reason. Guess I'll pick that up now with Tokyo Jungle and perhaps Urban Trial Freestyle.

Jeezus... that's a pretty dope list.

Definitely in for Tokyo Jungle and Braid. Seeing that the DLC animal packs are still $2.50 a piece, I bet Sony makes a fair amount off of those as well considering the entry for TJ is so low.

Darknight

I think the Crash and Spyro games dont work on Vita just because some licensing deal with Activision or whoever owns the IPs. Like the deal probably didnt include PSVITA BC or such even though PSPs can play them.

Given the fact mobile devices such as Android can emulate PSX 99%, this isnt an issue anymore. (atleast to me) Just make a rip of your copy or transfer the PSN game to PSP and convert to image on your PC to play on mobile. Sony is dumb because not being compatible with Vita just makes me not want to buy them even for $1.

[Note: Im talking about making a legal backup from this sale!]

Top Bottom