• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ace Attorney announced in this week's Famitsu

tauke

Can't wait to see how the court looks like in the era. Also the wacky costumes that will be wear by the characters-

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Is this the Ace attorney that got announced in the recent nintendo direct?

Anw so glad to hear about this taking place in another era, so i guess the characters like phoenix wright are going to receive 'reimagine' design here?

Cant wait

kazebyaka

Banned
tumblr_inline_mvgpmxPpt11s6pfvo.gif

Fucking awesome! Probably something like Yakuza Kenzan

Not sure if they are doing it intentional or not, but I love that they keep upping the ante for the localisers to keep the American Ace Attorney illusion alive. Either way, more Takumi is something I'll always be in the mood for.

I'm very excited by that announcement but I can't help but worry about localization...

That concept doesn't sound like something that Capcom would spend a lot of effort into trying to bring over to Europe and America.

Well, hopefully I'm wrong !

The AA5 team is probably working on 6, while Takumi makes this one as a spinoff of sorts. I personally expect to see the whole gang, only meiji style.

Metal B

Takes place in Meiji era Japan.
Is there some special connection between this era, its justice system and attorneys at the time? The wiki page let it sounds, that it could be the first, serious introduction of attorneys in the Japanese culture. Because if there is no connection, it feels like a too typical Japanese-Setting.

Actually playing in the present made the series stand out and gave the different cultural audiences of the game a common ground. The Meiji era is very alien for most western peoples and therefore could create hard to translate culture-subjects, which are only obvious for the Japanese audience. This already excited in the other games and stand-out there too. It's pretty much making a complete game about this situations.

On the other hand it could be a very informative, historical work about living in this era and how the law system worked in those times. If there is a special connection! Otherwise it sounds random and it becomes a missed opportunity. There a lot of different era all over the world, which would create interesting backgrounds for attorney stories.

L~A

The AA5 team is probably working on 6, while Takumi makes this one as a spinoff of sorts. I personally expect to see the whole gang, only meiji style.

That's what they said in that 4Gamer.net interview. Workd just barely started on AA6 with Eshiro and the gang, while production on Takumi's project has been ramping up in the past few months.

I. Can't. Wait.

Oh, and first exclusive scan of the game!

Santar

Wonder if all hope is out for Phoenix and Maya to be in this. Though they could go the forefathers route or just have them there Meiji'fied.

I'm not one of those "no their story is over" guys. So nothing ever happened to them after Trials and tribulations at all?

Really hope this gets localized, looking forward to the first pics!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
This will never come to the west I fear :( But awesome that they still want to make these games for dedicated handhelds!

RiggyRob

This will never come to the west I fear :( But awesome that they still want to make these games for dedicated handhelds!

This'll totally come to the West, it just might be digital only like Ace Attorney 5 was. If we're lucky, it'll get a retail release like Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton.

Edit:
That's what they said in that 4Gamer.net interview. Workd just barely started on AA6 with Eshiro and the gang, while production on Takumi's project has been ramping up in the past few months.

I. Can't. Wait.

Oh, and first exclusive scan of the game!

I was going to say that Awkward Zombie must've been psychic with this comic (Tenma Taro and Nine-Tailed Fox in background of 2nd panel) but that comic came out after Dual Destinies, didn't it?

Sami+

post-25196-BRB-using-imagination-since-no-B9lT.gif

Sounds legit to me. I was a bit let down by AA5 (I still think T&T was the best, though 5 is still great), but I'm happy to see more Ace Attorney in general. Should be great.

MrBadger

More Ace Attorney already? It feels like I only just beat VS Layton and Dual Destinies. Ah well, the fan translation won't be out for 5 years and more AA is always a great thing. Love the series. Can't wait to see what the game's going to look like!

Ace Attorney 4 would have been better if it didn't have Phoenix in it.

Hobo Phoenix was the best character in AA4 though

you're probably right

Metal B

Wonder if all hope is out for Phoenix and Maya to be in this. Though they could go the forefathers route or just have them there Meiji'fied.

I'm not one of those "no their story is over" guys. So nothing ever happened to them after Trials and tribulations at all?
The end of Trials and Tribulations doesn't looked like, there were any chance of making them an item, since Phonix wanted to wait for another person (the series also forgot in 4 and 5).

CoolS

I loved AA5 and I'm looking forward to what they do with AA6 but assuming this is Takumi's baby and he has the freedom to do what he wants with the game and story, I'm looking forward to this SO FREAKING MUCH!

Santar

The end of Trials and Tribulations doesn't looked like, there were any chance of making them an item, since Phonix wanted to wait for another person (the series also forgot in 4 and 5).

I wasn't specifically talking about them being a couple, I was just stating I think there could be more stories with them in them.

Shengar

If more Meiji era game alone is a good thing, how do you call an AA game taking place in that era?
I hope it doesn't have Phoenix in it, and having all brand new casts instead.

M3d10n

Am I the only one that automatically assumed it was a smartphone/browser game? I think all those baiting thread titles have taken a toll on me.

jonno394

If more Meiji era game alone is a good thing, how do you call an AA game taking place in that era?
I hope it doesn't have Phoenix in it, and having all brand new casts instead.

The way I picture it taking place is exactly how the Yakuza and Yakuza Isshin titles work. You take the characters from the original games and just transpose them in to another setting, they aren't the same person, but at their core they are the same character.

Refyref

I wasn't specifically talking about them being a couple, I was just stating I think there could be more stories with them in them.

Ace Attorney 5
hints that Maya will return in AA6
, so we'll probably get more stories with them in the future.

L~A

Am I the only one that automatically assumed it was a smartphone/browser game? I think all those baiting thread titles have taken a toll on me.

I doubt it'd be announced in the Famitsu magazine, though. Usually, such baiting thread titles comes after some random website countdown, and from "dead" franchises people want to see make a come-back.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is there some special connection between this era, its justice system and attorneys at the time? The wiki page let it sounds, that it could be the first, serious introduction of attorneys in the Japanese culture. Because if there is no connection, it feels like a too typical Japanese-Setting.

Actually playing in the present made the series stand out and gave the different cultural audiences of the game a common ground. The Meiji era is very alien for most western peoples and therefore could create hard to translate culture-subjects, which are only obvious for the Japanese audience. This already excited in the other games and stand-out there too. It's pretty much making a complete game about this situations.

On the other hand it could be a very informative, historical work about living in this era and how the law system worked in those times. If there is a special connection! Otherwise it sounds random and it becomes a missed opportunity. There a lot of different era all over the world, which would create interesting backgrounds for attorney stories.

I would like to add that it's possible that they are going back to origin of Fey Clan and it's Kurain Channeling

Dascu

Me too. My rule of thumb is: If no platform in thread title, it's mobile/browser.

Top Bottom