• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Kinsei

Banned
I've never played a Mario Golf game but I'm excited to try this out. Preorder set, all that jazz.

I don't fucking know a thing about golf though. That better not be a problem. Don't think I'll bother with the demo.

I'm sure the game will have a good tutorial. I mean, it is a Nintendo game after all.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
This game looks incredible, I loved the demo and found it super well presented.

Wish I had money to burn for this game but it'll have to wait, too many games still shrink wrapped to take once again the irresponsible decision on putting another one on top of my backlog :(

kdoll08

Nice OT. I'll be picking this up right away. I love the Hot Shots/Everybody's Golf series and I need something new. Been playing the Vita version since Feb 2012. Bring on the online golf.

kdoll08 - kdoll08 - 3780-9073-2580

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
present, I'll be playing on my american 3DS because game's $ price is lols

ill post my fc, please add me!

Wiz

What type of local multi is supported? Is it download play or does each person need the game?

Salsa

I need to make a decision wether or not I take my 3DS to Chile may 7th. Staying there for 4 days.

This might sound silly but I rarely take my 3DS out. I have way too much digital stuff and im paranoid about misplacing it or getting it stolen/lost or whatever when I travel. Im in south america so there's no real nintendo support to get your stuff back.

gimme the accounts :(

G-Pink

I love golf, I probably won't get much chance to play this summer, and I've had such a love for the Mario Golf games over the years. The timing is PERFECT.

The DLC seems fair for the price as well. I'm so incredibly ready to play this game.

HoTHiTTeR

Dammit... I forgot to order that 2DS bundle from Target last week. I hope something comes up in the ads for next Sunday :(

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
There always room for a golf game in my life and it's been a while I haven't played one. Liked what I saw and played in the demo so I got this preordered. And it's cheap!

Regarding the DLC, I'll wait and see if I need more courses to play. Looking forward impressions on those from you guys.

EDIT : Here's my 3DS account info if anyone feels like adding me

Mistouze - Mistouze - 0361-6413-8852

Just shoot me an mp and I'll add you in return for sure.

Why are 3DS games so expensive in Australia Nintendo?!

I want this, but I don't $60 want it (+ whatever the DLC costs here).

Zalman

I honestly wasn't expecting to get this game, but the new Mario-themed courses have really won me over. I might preorder it later today depending on how the reviews look. Was disappointed in Mario Tennis Open despite that being my favorite Mario sports series.

Phionoxx

Super excited for this game. Last one I had was Mario Golf for GBA, which I really enjoyed and got a lot of time out of. Can't wait to play it and anxious to see how the online tournaments are setup. I'll edit in my FC info later to be added to the GAF list in the OP.

OnTheLam

Neo Member
Loved playing the GBC and GBA versions. Preordered my copy already! Here's my FC: 1461-6501-7158 - Pete. Hope to get some online games in!

elfinke

Why are 3DS games so expensive in Australia Nintendo?!

I want this, but I don't $60 want it (+ whatever the DLC costs here).

Yeah holy shit. After I posted earlier I went for a look at 2DS prices and copies of this, seems I'd be lucky to get out of it for under $200, without going pre-owned ($118 for a P/O 2DS at EB, I believe, dunno if I would or not). $58 at BigW is a little steep for my taste.

Draconian

The OP is only missing one thing really.

yearofluigig1qiv.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
RRP in the UK is £34.99 I think - at least it was when I checked the eshop a couple of days ago. Yes it is crazy expensive vs other countries. You can get it a bit cheaper on amazon etc.

Some questions:

1) What is the distinction between Miis and mario characters? Can you choose either and play on both castle and mario golf courses?
2) No option to customise mario characters - what about clubs etc?
3) Does the game support more than one save slot? In case my kids play but I only have one copy of the game.
4) is there a turn based/async multiplayer mode?

To answer your last question, I think they said the multiplayer is simultaneous. No need to wait for others to have their go. I don't know if that'sf or all the modes though.

Too bad the DLC characters (sans Gold Mario) don't get new renders. :/

And why doesn't Rosalina get a golf outfit like the other Princesses?

Has Nintendo ever released a complete/GOTY edition? Since this is their first season pass, maybe they'll also make their first complete edition.

JoeM86

Has Nintendo ever released a complete/GOTY edition? Since this is their first season pass, maybe they'll also make their first complete edition.

Technically it's not their first "season pass". They've packaged DLC packs together for a discount several times before, like with Fire Emblem. This is just the first time we've known about it and able to buy it before all bits are out.

No, they haven't done a "complete" edition. Nintendo maintains that their games are complete without the DLC and that the DLC is an optional extra. That's why, instead of DLC, they call it "Add-on Content"

Top Bottom