• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say Something Positive About A Console or Handheld You Don't Own

Herne

3DS - I love the analogue stick.

Vita - It has a nice screen.

PS4 - The guys I share an apartment are getting one and we'll be using it as our Blu Ray player, so yay for Blu Ray?

XBox One - It's a somewhat good-looking console.

Ps4: I will get one, once a slim model comes out and maybe games I like.

Xbox one: I like the home entertainment centre push and of course the concept of Xbox live gaming with friends.

Edit:This is turning into a back handed compliment thread

LowerLevel

Ps4 - The amount of power at the cheaper price point plus the apparent ease of development multiplied by the talent of Sony 1st party studios equals something fantastic will be arriving soon and I look forward to seeing it!

WiiU -Ninty has Metroid and Zelda, and I hope they both return to what I loved of them in the 16bit era...

3DS - 3D titles

exfatal

ps4- there getting KH3 and ff15 which both look amazing.
xbox one- all in one system which is cool
vita- has some cool games, plus it looks sleek
xbox 360- has tales of vesperia

DanSaxon

Vita - has Tearaway, I want Tearaway.
PS4 - The Order is looking fantastic, the controller is phenomenal in comparison with the DS3
Wii U - underrated imo

The Xbox One exclusives look more fun than the exclusives on PS4.

The PS Vita looks to be the best handheld indie game machine, plus those curves... so sleek.

EDIT: 3DS because everyone I know has one, so it must be good right? (Plus the games look great to play)

Qasiel

X1 - Titanfall looks intriguing to me as mechs truly ring my bell/wave my flag/tickle my pickle.

PS Vita - Remote play looks like it's pretty awesome. the moment Sony release the orange-coloured one I saw at TGS a few years ago I'll pick one up.

WiiU - As soon as a new Zelda game is announced, I will buy one. Then, I'll also get Wind Waker HD, because I know it'll be glorious.

DryvBy

Xbox One
-I can't wait to see a new Halo. I recently played Halo 4 for the first time and had a blast with the series again.
-Dead Rising 3 would be my Xbox One GOTY if I had one.
-My brother is my favorite gaming friend, but he won't touch a PS. Would be nice to play with him since we build off each other's energy.

WiiU
-DK back in my hands would be nice!
-Mario Kart 8. I wasn't a huge kart fan until recently with Sonic Kart 64 (Transformed).
-I really miss Nintendo. :(

zebaz08

3DS: it has MH4 and will probably get a few more exclusive MH games , but I can´t justify the purchase just for MH

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
PS4: Reasonably priced, Infamous is beautiful, most of the times it plays games in 1080p.
Vita: Incredibly built, Gravity rush and Persona 4 Gold are amazing, Pretty screen.
Wii U: It will eventually have a new addition to my favorite series of all time. Zelda.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
-The 32X got a supposedly decent port of Virtua Fighter
-Jaguar has Tempest 2000
-3D0 has some Microcabin RPGs which look pretty damn good
-Virtual Boy was home to the first SMT-related game to ever get a US release
-Neo Geo has some fucking awesome fighting games and crazy sprite-pushing capabilities

Logash

Xbox One

I honestly believe that their current lineup is better than the PS4s. Killer Instinct looks amazing.

Wii U

I still believe that Nintendo has the best first party lineup and at the end of the day, Nintendo will always be responsible for getting me into gaming.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
The Xbox 1 controller is very nice.

I liked off TV play when I had a Wii U (though wished the range was longer).

I admire the fact that Microsoft launched their Xbox One with a game like Zoo Tycoon. I think games like it and more diverse games should be better represented on the consoles.

a.wd

Consoles are a means to an end of being able to play software. Almost every console released ever has had great games, including all the current platforms that I don't own.

yeah what he said.

The current gen consoles all have very shiny finishes, and even though they in many cases are not as good as last gen consoles, they are capable of playing good games.

PS Vita looks insanely beautiful. Especially its D-pad looks delicious.
Xbox One seems really sleek and elegant, along with PS4.
PS2 has a games library I regret missing out on.
Gamecube controller is allegedly the best in existence.
Ouya could be cool to just tamper with.
Wii U will be my next purchase, I already have the Pro controller and it's great.

shwimpy

360 - Revolutionized console online gaming.

Xbone - Snap is pretty neat but doubt I would ever use it, pretty jealous about Quantum Break and hope it eventually comes to PC, and I'm worried about all the exclusives Phil Spencer and crew might buy up since they have their backs against the wall. Xbox fans have a lot to be excited about.

Lernaean

Banned
I only don't have an X1 so i'll go with it.

Having been around the same time as PS4 and being less powerful, the X1 had at launch and still has a more compelling software library than it's main rival, even now months from it's launch.

I need to be clear and say that i don't care for any of the titles, both from PS4 and X1 and i only got a PS4 this early just to play the best version of MGSV:GZ, but the X1 library is still more interesting. Combined with a few japanese exclusives like Cave shooters in the future and i'm sure to eventually buy one.

I also have to say that no matter how mad i was on it's reveal, the turnaround was really impressive.

EmpReb

Banned
The Xbones Forza was kind of fun and Halo is a coming(I did own if for like one month then got a full refund). And the PS4 Controller is amazing to hold..... and Last Of Us in 1080P 60FPS would be great way to replay it compared to the PS3 version.(I own everthing else of last gen and a Wii U and A PC.)

Atlas157

Xbox One
It looks good in white
the controller is nice
Dead Rising 3 looks neat

Wii U
I like everything, I'm buying one later this year

Wichu

The PS4 is a very slick piece of tech. Shame it has no games (released or in development) that I'm personally interested in yet that aren't also available on platforms I already own...

I'm looking into buying a PS3 in the not-too-distant future to catch up on the games I missed last gen, so I might end up doing something similar with the PS4.

Ambient80

The Wii U has some pretty neat looking games, and the game pad controller has a lot of potential, even if it's currently badly under utilized.

ironcreed

Banned
PS4-

Great price for the specs and it will no doubt have a great library in the future.

Xbox One-

creeper-kitty.gif

Soon

Wii U-

creeper-kitty.gif

Soon

Opiate

PS4: I like its focus on indies so far. I hope it continues to grow in that regard.
Xbox One: I like the possibilities of Kinect. I hope those possibilities are explored, and aren't left to waste away by third parties as the Wiimote's potential was.
Wii U: I think some of the attempts at network functionality Nintendo has made are interesting. I hope they add the more standard features that they are still missing. I think the controller has some potential, but remains mostly unexplored, even by first parties.

3DS: still more expiremental games than most systems, although it has fewer than I'd hoped based on the DS.
Vita: Again, the indie focus.

Wii: I hope some third party actually uses the controller in a compelling way before the system dies. It's a fantastic controller that went mostly unused.
360: Continue to improve the strong XBL featuresets and use the 360 as a test ground for Xbox One implementations later.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wii U: Glad it's getting Bayonetta 2.

Xbone: Very cool that they had a new fighting game ready for launch.

Top Bottom