• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First 15 Minutes of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Xbox 360 Gameplay)

City looks almost empty, web swinging still doesn't look particularly good, visuals look worse than Web of Shadows (how is such a thing even possible) and it looks so incredibly dull/boring.

City looks almost empty, web swinging still doesn't look particularly good, visuals look worse than Web of Shadows (how is such a thing even possible) and it looks so incredibly dull/boring.

Web swinging looks fine, I just don't think he is particularly good at it, he probably hasn't gotten used to the controls yet, but I can't disagree with any of the other points really.

This looks crap. Is there any chance Sony can get back this licence, give it to SCEI and have Sucker Punch develop good Spider-Man games instead?!

EDIT - actually no; I wouldn't want SP making Spider-Man instead of Infamous as there's a lot more scope with the latter. But for God's sake; give it to a different publisher! Activision aren't even trying any more.

its so dark

Yup, couldn't make much out until the player hit the missions. Maybe it's a capture issue?

Web swinging looks fine, I just don't think he is particularly good at it, he probably hasn't gotten used to the controls yet, but I can't disagree with any of the other points really.

I hope so with regards to the web swinging. I was thinking about picking this up on PS4 when it drops to sub £20 for some web swinging fun, but that video has pretty much killed any interest I had...

Yup, couldn't make much out until the player hit the missions. Maybe it's a capture issue?

I hope so with regards to the web swinging. I was thinking about picking this up on PS4 when it drops to sub £20 for some web swinging fun, but that video has pretty much killed any interest I had...

Yea, I'm just going by what I saw in the other video that Beenox released, looked much better there, gonna say it's growing pains right here.

This looks crap. Is there any chance Sony can get back this licence, give it to SCEI and have Sucker Punch develop good Spider-Man games instead?!

Zero.

We'll get a good Spiderman game eventually, it's just a matter of waiting it out. We did get Web of Shadows and Shattered Dimensions last gen after all...it's just a matter of being patient.

Yea, I'm just going by what I saw in the other video that Beenox released, looked much better there, gonna say it's growing pains right here.

Fingers crossed.

Zero.

We'll get a good Spiderman game eventually, it's just a matter of waiting it out. We did get Web of Shadows and Shattered Dimensions last gen after all...it's just a matter of being patient.

Shattered Dimensions was made by these same developers, I loved that game. Wasn't the greatest, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. The license is with Disney now as far as comic book games go, I think Activision still has the rights for the movie games.

Shattered Dimensions was made by these same developers, I loved that game. Wasn't the greatest, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. The license is with Disney now as far as comic book games go, I think Activision still has the rights for the movie games.

Huh, didn't know Disney had the comic book game licence. Guess that means movie ties in are the best we can hope for in the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I enjoyed SD for what it was. Would have preferred a proper open world Spidy, but they did a good job with the various dimensions and giving the player a sense of freedom in most of them.

Deadpool level is still the greatest thing ever developed.

Why is the camera of these Spider-Man games so close?

How do you even see where anyone is?

I thought this was an action game, not horror.

Madness

No Spider-Man game will ever come close to how fun Spider-Man 2 for Xbox/Gamecube was. I think those developers went on to make Infamous.

Ashadian

Banned

No it doesn't look worse than Web of Shadows! Why are you blatantly stating false information for????
Obviously you've already played and completed the game already!

Looks like the cat has all five versions. Hoping he uploads some PS4 footage....

Minimum PS4 install is 9.5gb based on his unboxing video.

No it doesn't look worse than Web of Shadows! Why are you blatantly stating false information for????
Obviously you've already played and completed the game already!

Sarcasm aside, it does look worse than WoS. That may be due to how dark it is, but based on the footage, it looks bad.

The Ultimate Deadpool level where they forgot that Ultimate Deadpool is a completely different character? Yeah, that was some quality work by a quality developer.

And by "quality", I mean "poop".

Come on, it was great. Sure, it wasn't true to source, but it's still a damn good level and elevates SD from average to good...

Looks like the walkthrough video on PS4 had much more details poured into it. PS4 might just have been the primary console they developed it for. I'm honestly glad the city didn't looked nearly as bland on it compared to this video. Definitely still excited to play it on Tuesday as I've already pre-ordered it digitally on PS4.

Huh, didn't know Disney had the comic book game licence. Guess that means movie ties in are the best we can hope for in the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I enjoyed SD for what it was. Would have preferred a proper open world Spidy, but they did a good job with the various dimensions and giving the player a sense of freedom in most of them.

Deadpool level is still the greatest thing ever developed.

Well Disney owns Marvel right? So I guess games will fall under Disney's games division now. They removed every comic book related marvel game from the online stores on the PS3 and Xbox 360 developed by other companies.

G-Fex

looks dull and guy playing it sucks.

Looks like the better spider-man game isn't licensed!
i22bT5MHviUsT.gif

Hip Hop

Why is the Steam version so cheap too? something is up. I'm thinking they are doing a last gen console port for the PC, and the PS4 version is the one that is "current gen".

Pre-ordered anyway as it's dirt cheap at the moment.

It's time for a new dev. So much potential.

Well Disney owns Marvel right? So I guess games will fall under Disney's games division now. They removed every comic book related marvel game from the online stores on the PS3 and Xbox 360 developed by other companies.

Sure, but I didn't know they sold the rights individually. I thought Acti had the rights to make any and all Spiderman games, not just movie tie ins.

Sure, but I didn't know they sold the rights individually. I thought Acti had the rights to make any and all Spiderman games, not just movie tie ins.

Acti had the Spider-Man and X-Men rights until 2017, but last year they sold back the X-Men rights to Disney.4 years early (thus why all their games were removed from Live and PSN) and there's been a lot of rumours this is their last SM game before giving that license back too.
They also returned the Bond license early too, seems Acti want to focus on brands they own like Skylanders and COD rather than create products that other people get rich from.

Flipyap

Come on, it was great. Sure, it wasn't true to source, but it's still a damn good level and elevates SD from average to good...
Sure, I bet it's good fun if you're into Deadpool, but from my perspective that was just a fascinating display of not giving a damn about the license or the premise of their own game. I used to be really into Ultimate Spider-Man, so seeing that universe's segment used as an excuse to put more mainstream Marvel stuff in the game was simply baffling.

Acti had the Spider-Man and X-Men rights until 2017, but last year they sold back the X-Men rights to Disney.4 years early (thus why all their games were removed from Live and PSN) and there's been a lot of rumours this is their last SM game before giving that license back too.
They also returned the Bond license early too, seems Acti want to focus on brands they own like Skylanders and COD rather than create products that other people get rich from.

Huh, I really have been out of the loop on who has the rights to what. It's surprising that Acti would give the rights to X-Men back so soon, they'd be able to make a nice sum off a new Ultimate Alliance game as well as a sequel to Wolverine.

Anyway, who has the James Bond licence now? What are the chances we'll get another J.B game?

Sure, I bet it's good fun if you're into Deadpool, but from my perspective that was just a fascinating display of not giving a damn about the license or the premise of their own game. I used to be really into Ultimate Spider-Man, so seeing that universe's segment used as an excuse to put more mainstream Marvel stuff in the game was simply baffling.

Understandable, if I was really into USM back then, I'd have probably been pissed off as well.

Preemo

Banned
so there's a new movie coming out with the same name, but this game seems to cover the contents of the first movie? very confusing.

NotLiquid

Swinging looks decent, everything else looks pretty lame.

so there's a new movie coming out with the same name, but this game seems to cover the contents of the first movie? very confusing.

It takes place before and during the events of the second movie I think.

thenexus6

Doesn't look good, no surprise there. Kids like enjoyed the movie / spiderman will probably have fun though.

Also does anyone else think during the start when the game is going through the story that just showing art work slides with a voice over is incredibly cheap looking?

Also the main menu and loading screens look bland zero effort went into those.

Certinty

Looks fine to me, i've always enjoyed Spider-Man games and no doubt the PS4 version will be at least a little better than this one so i'll get it soon.

SJRB

Gold Member
Similar to the previous Spiderman game I think they should've pushed this as a 40 bucks title. It would've sold like hotcakes, especially on PS4. Now the game [and Beenox] get thrown under the bus with full price and zero marketing, and in 2 months we see a quasi-surprised press release from Activision about how disappointing the Spiderman sales were.

As for the game itself, not minding graphics too much since it's 360 footage. The webswinging looks a little weird but it's the start of the game. It took a few moments to figure out the optimal swinging mechanic in the previous game as well, it's a player/control thing and not a game flaw.

Menu looks like it's from a mobile game..

Very strange, some of it looks quite nice (motion blur especially) and other parts look horrible. Lots of aliasing too.

Neuro

Something horrible about the game, oh well...never was interested in the game now just dont care anymore

Top Bottom