• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Trilogy listed by unreliable Chilean Retailer - get it PRONTO

I was looking for games to buy for my PS4 (XBONE version is also listed) when I catched this:
Untitled_zps0db67ac4.png

metrilogy_zpsb335e733.png

What do you guys think?

Edit: Thanks!

Do they really think anyone will buy it? I thought they milked that cow dry by now. Unless they put it some work like improve some of textures, etc like Tomb Raider why would anyone buy it this stage of the game.

Do they really think anyone will buy it? I thought they milked that cow dry by now. Unless they put it some work like improve some of textures, etc like Tomb Raider why would anyone buy it this stage of the game.

Because neither the xb1 or ps4 are backwards compatible. This keeps the games on both console stores for the next decade or so.

Also, judging by this thread: yes people will but it again

Fedelias

Please be true!!! Would re-buy instantly. Also, anyone know how come these things are always only leaked by foreign (I mean other than American) retailers?

Yup, I'd be down. Mass Effect was the game of the generation for me. Such great memories. The PS3 port was horrible, though, with it's pausing to autosave, so I'd be down for a quality version I could use with a controller.

For PS4 and Xbox One though?

And I mean why not get it out on next generation consoles and all but I mean I've always considered this series far and away the best example of PC to console parity in terms of visuals (not, like, framerate or resolution wise, but essentially everywhere else that matters). They're going to have to go out of their way to improve on this, as in, something more than a mere res bump

androvsky

Because the games are shit on consoles and PC won't let use a controller iirc.
Pretty much, and even the hacks to use a controller with them on the PC suck. The ui was changed to work with a mouse and keyboard... the whole thing is just a mess if you want to play the PC version on a TV.

I'll know what game I'm buying on Xbox One if true. Hopefully it's a definitive edition with textures that don't look out of the Nintendo 64 for garrus armor. Add all the dlc and it's worth 60 bucks easily.

Unless they massively overhaul the graphics (not to mention the animations) this really doesn't seem like a series that would really benefit that much visually from a new-gen re-release. Solid framerates for console players would be nice but 1080p isn't exactly going to reveal much eye-popping detail in the potato faces and low-res textures.

It's not unwelcome, more options for consumers is always good - it just strikes me as an odd choice if this is true.

Unless they massively overhaul the graphics (not to mention the animations) this really doesn't seem like a game that would really benefit that much visually from a new-gen re-release. Solid framerates for console players would be nice but 1080p isn't exactly going to reveal much eye-popping detail in the potato faces and low-res textures.

Sorry, but ME1 looks beautiful at 1080p on PC.

Lnds500

I would. I haven't played any of them, the console trilogy is ultra expensive in retail for some reason and it omits a huge amount of DLC. I'd buy it either way, but if it had every DLC in the standard package it's a must.

kick51

Banned
also, KOTOR 1+2 HD as PSN games or something would be nice. though I guess KOTOR2 would be missing the restoration mod.

Very interested in a PS4 port. But I'll wait for reviews and board impressions before I commit to anything. I wasn't impressed with the way those games ran on the PS3. The audio bug in the first game was especially annoying. If they improve that shit, I'll bite.

Iceblade

Honestly I figured that BioWare would end up doing this a long time ago. It's much easier to get everyone's save files transferred to Mass Effect 4 if they release native versions on the PS4/XBO.

I think that this could be announced to coincide with Mass Effect 4's reveal at E3 in June.

I draw the line here if this is real.

I love the entire ME series, save for the last hour of ME3, but this is ridiculous. Unless they've overhauled absolutely everything there's zero reason to re-release the ME games.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I draw the line here if this is real.

I love the entire ME series, save for the last hour of ME3, but this is ridiculous. Unless they've overhauled absolutely everything there's zero reason to re-release the ME games.

Normally I would agree, but this is for the next consoles. I really want to play these games on my Xbox One!

Same goes for Dragon Age 1 and even 2!

Top Bottom