• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Replace ally damage with 10% damage.

It's a good weapon and imo it's better than a non ancient torch or furnace on monk.
It frees up an inna slot, so that means you can replace the belt (vigilante or WH for example) or chest.

It might work well with Inna's weapon + belt, crudest boots, and 5pc Raiment? At least there seems to be a lot more options in 2.2. I don't have ancient torch or furnace, so this is actually one of my better weapons.

It might work well with Inna's weapon + belt, crudest boots, and 5pc Raiment? At least there seems to be a lot more options in 2.2. I don't have ancient torch or furnace, so this is actually one of my better weapons.

I think you really need 4pc Inna with the new version of Inna in 2.2 (double the effect of ally and mantas)
You might have to skip crudest boots if you want 4pc inna + 6pc raiment

RS4-

I haven't gotten a Kridershot or T&T gloves yet in my whole D3 lifetime, and I've mained DH since launch :(

Had three t&ts in the span of a few days, havent seen one since. And this was weeks ago lol.

Kridershots are overrated, Crossbow>Krider all day.

Sticking with the arcane barb!

Feels bad, I got my vile wards last night after spending 1k on Kadala shoulders; meanwhile a friend is close to 20k. GG Kadala.

Since Ramaldini's gifts were added to the game I've played 200+ hours and haven't gotten a single one. How rare are these?

I've had one drop in a rift. I think the majority of mine have been in GR30 and up.

th3dude

Since Ramaldini's gifts were added to the game I've played 200+ hours and haven't gotten a single one. How rare are these?

Much like everything else, RNG being RNG, but I think they are decently rare.

That being said, I jumped back into S2 late and I'm at around P125 and found 2 so far.

Celegus

I think you really need 4pc Inna with the new version of Inna in 2.2 (double the effect of ally and mantas)
You might have to skip crudest boots if you want 4pc inna + 6pc raiment

Ah, I was thinking double ally effect was the 2pc. Somehow I've never found the Raiment pants actually, which seems crazy.

MrDaravon

Hopped on for a bit yesterday since my wife stole the TV, the XP buff is pretty serious lol. Still don't feel like there's any compelling reason to come back until Season 3/2.2 hits though. Still need an Ancient Torch for my Monk, but otherwise she's in decent shape, at least for builds right now.

Bought mine on sale back in November with no games in preparation for Bloodborne. And it's amaaaaaaazing, easily worth it! PSN name is also Celegus if you want to add me!

Sent you a request, we have the best taste in games lol

Wickwire

Much like everything else, RNG being RNG, but I think they are decently rare.

That being said, I jumped back into S2 late and I'm at around P125 and found 2 so far.

Ouch, I feel for you. I didn't think people had this bad luck finding them. I've gotten 6 or 7

th3dude

Ouch, I feel for you. I didn't think people had this bad luck finding them. I've gotten 6 or 7

Yea, to me at least they seemed rare enough that I don't want to use them.

Always wanted to keep at least one in my stash at all times in case I found that perfect ancient weapon (lol yea right).

Dahbomb

2pc is double ally/mantra
4pc is all mantras, which is huge with double mantra bonuses (also saves a skill slot)
The double bonus of the Mantra was bugged last time I checked on PTR. It wasn't giving double bonuses to the Mantra (worked for the Mystic Allies though).

Radec

I'm playing the new raiment in PTR with my raiment set found in S2, and wow, it destroys T6 Elites in 1 dash. 2 Dash for RG.

GR 43 is pretty easy as well. Needs alot of tweak on my skill setup to crack above 45 easily.

Addnan

The lack of physical SoJ is making me sad, won't be able to push anything with DH until I get one :( Season is almost over and I haven't even attempted anything over 40 with DH because I want a damn phy soj.

RS4-

The lack of physical SoJ is making me sad, won't be able to push anything with DH until I get one :( Season is almost over and I haven't even attempted anything over 40 with DH because I want a damn phy soj.

K9mY76v.jpg

Roll the dex to socket right? My other two SOJs are fire. I can probably do up to 43-44, but the only physical I have is on my reaper wraps (GR41). I don't know how much Unity is really helping since I get one shot by jailers anyway.

Lumine

Oh season 2 is ending already? As a casual player I made a Crusader for season 2. Leveled to 70, got 2 decent shields for different builds that seemed sort of nice, but I got bored of grinding after that and haven't played in a few weeks. Is there anything I should do or get with my crusader during the season before it's too late? I'm completely clueless on this stuff.

Addnan

Roll the dex to socket right? My other two SOJs are fire. I can probably do up to 43-44, but the only physical I have is on my reaper wraps (GR41). I don't know how much Unity is really helping since I get one shot by jailers anyway.

Preferably want a crit damage one, but yes still dex to socket.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oh season 2 is ending already? As a casual player I made a Crusader for season 2. Leveled to 70, got 2 decent shields for different builds that seemed sort of nice, but I got bored of grinding after that and haven't played in a few weeks. Is there anything I should do or get with my crusader during the season before it's too late? I'm completely clueless on this stuff.

Hitting level 70 to get the transmog appearances is the main thing. I'd say the other potentially missable things aren't really important for casual play:
- get 400 achievement points (~40 achievements) for the banner art choices
- season-specific achievements

All the seasonal items will drop in non-season after it ends, so it's not like you have to get in there to get specific items.

Such a silly metric for measuring performance. I really wish Diablo had a viable end game option.

Fixed challenge maps would be the way to go in my opinion. Instead of all the randomness, have a designed map with specific mob types and the same shrines in specific areas. That way people could fine tune their route on each map and strategize their shrine use depending on their build and which monster types give them the most trouble. They could keep those maps around with individual leaderboards for each one and introduce new ones every so often. Speedrunner mode, essentially.

Krassus

Fixed challenge maps would be the way to go in my opinion. Instead of all the randomness, have a designed map with specific mob types and the same shrines in specific areas. That way people could fine tune their route on each map and strategize their shrine use depending on their build and which monster types give them the most trouble. They could keep those maps around with individual leaderboards for each one and introduce new ones every so often. Speedrunner mode, essentially.

That would be awesome, something where the challenge showcases the build and capability of surviving and killing enemies. Not an RNG based system on grinding rift keys and then grinding rifts for pylons.

I personally wish it was something like a zone & boss like Atziri in Path of Exile. A normal version that is keyed that is tough. like lets say Maltheal with G45 power and then another version with GR55 power.

Lumine

Hitting level 70 to get the transmog appearances is the main thing. I'd say the other potentially missable things aren't really important for casual play:
- get 400 achievement points (~40 achievements) for the banner art choices
- season-specific achievements

All the seasonal items will drop in non-season after it ends, so it's not like you have to get in there to get specific items.

Alright, thanks. Guess I'm good then. Perhaps I'll wait 'till next season and try a new class again.

Pickman

Need more stash space.

And killing RGs with monks continue to be a chore.

That's adorable.

I'mma just sit over here on my FC Barb and sneeze at the boss. Any luck it'll get sick, then work up such a sweat from bludgeoning me to death that it catches pneumonia and eventually dies.

Begaria

My brother in law plays a Monk, and he found an Ancient Incense Torch that rolled really well (str/vit/wpn dmg%/4200+ DPS), but he refuses to use it because he likes dual wielding out of principle and doesn't use Wave of Light.

Raticus79

My brother in law plays a Monk, and he found an Ancient Incense Torch that rolled really well (str/vit/wpn dmg%/4200+ DPS), but he refuses to use it because he likes dual wielding out of principle and doesn't use Wave of Light.

I can appreciate that. More attack speed = more responsive character = more fluid gameplay. A more satisfying combat experience could be worth giving up some character power.

Addnan

I can appreciate that. More attack speed = more responsive character = more fluid gameplay. A more satisfying combat experience could be worth giving up some character power.

World number 1 is duel wield! Not that I would recommend that build to many. Thing is it's not just a little drop in power, single handed weapons are so so underpowered.

Hey, I just picked this game up yesterday and was looking for people to play with, so I sent a request to the neogaf clan but I guess nobody is monitoring that?

Addnan

The tights at the bottom were part of sunwukos 6 piece in the PTR as is that white chest piece under Monk. They were dropping in the PTR but nothing came of it.

Raticus79

Hey, I just picked this game up yesterday and was looking for people to play with, so I sent a request to the neogaf clan but I guess nobody is monitoring that?

I've been relying on people posting here first because proactively going through validating every random request was taking too long when maybe 1 in 50 is from a member. What's your battletag? I don't see one matching your user name.

Jedi2016

Made a (stupid) goal to get a goblin vault while the community buff was up. Been at it for three days.. lol. Tonight I got lucky with a game with a surprisingly high spawn rate for goblins (1-2 per level across the entire game, it seemed), so the odds were with me, and finally got one. Bearing in mind I was wearing my gold-find gear the whole time, including Boon of the Hoarder, I got about 50M just trying to find the vault, and about another 80M or so once I was inside.

And as soon as I have to re-roll gear after 2.2, I'll be broke again.

I got a SoJ tonight.. not sure if it's good, I've never been on the lookout for one. Cold damage buff, but I don't use Cold. Should I reroll for better damage/crit/whatever or go for a socket? It does have the full 30% elite damage.

RS4-

Made a (stupid) goal to get a goblin vault while the community buff was up. Been at it for three days.. lol. Tonight I got lucky with a game with a surprisingly high spawn rate for goblins (1-2 per level across the entire game, it seemed), so the odds were with me, and finally got one. Bearing in mind I was wearing my gold-find gear the whole time, including Boon of the Hoarder, I got about 50M just trying to find the vault, and about another 80M or so once I was inside.

And as soon as I have to re-roll gear after 2.2, I'll be broke again.

I got a SoJ tonight.. not sure if it's good, I've never been on the lookout for one. Cold damage buff, but I don't use Cold. Should I reroll for better damage/crit/whatever or go for a socket? It does have the full 30% elite damage.

Wait and see what the builds will be like in 2.2, cold might be useful.

You can always do Corvus or just normal rifts with hoarder; easy to get 30m-50m every 10 mins.

What's wrong with it?

Instant unavoidable ranged damage. Can kinda outrange it if you offscreen, but it's pretty bullshit otherwise, not the only type of damage like this, but a lot of other damage types have actual warnings. Similarily, Vortex is pretty crappy especially when a bunch of blues vortex you several times(or maybe it's 2 packs but you just keep getting pulled back over and over).

Jedi2016

The affix by itself shouldn't kill you, it certainly doesn't kill me. It's the part where it makes me stand in the fire that kills me.

I was actually wearing Julia's Cameo for so long that I honestly didn't know that Jailer even did damage on its own until recently, but it was still dangerous for me before then.

You can't be immune to everything.

IceMarker

Is it just me or is Crusader not getting a lot of attention lately? Hell I'm just excited to see a new Crusader set data-mined in the files. As a Crusader main, this would please me greatly to see more changes, etc. coming our way.

Yeah, it's a mojo, lol. Not sure if they decided what it does yet.
It'll summon Zombie Cats instead of Zombie Dogs that leap at your enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom