• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
About to jump in when Season 4 goes live. Is there any GAF related clan with room?

I'm away for a few hours here, but for now you can join the GAF community for a quick way to get in touch. (It's set to allow joining without approval now)

Make sure you click the icon to enable chat after joining

Dunfisch

Had an entertaining start into the season with Yoshi and Gegz and Beru. Also a Lions's Claw right after I clear 70, that'll come in real handy. Not a terribly high roll at less than 2100, but it's got a socket and mainstat. Unsure if I'll extract it or roll %dmg to use it. Getting another should be relatively easy, given the new create-a-legendary recipe.

Onwards!

neoism

giphy.gif

almost there....

Kiru

Best WW barb build please? Never played one and wanted something new for this season. Thank you in advance!

Anilusion

Got to top100 WD solo rift in EU at least. Beat level 29 before I ran out of keys. Will do more tomorrow! Diablo is really fun (again)!

I should join the clan and play with you guys. Just got my seasonal Monk to 38 soloing for a couple of hours in Adventure Mode. I have a Nagelring that spawns those little dudes that run forward and explode. I can insta-kill Skeleton King as soon as he spawns in :D

Dahbomb

I got Gungdo Gawd, Spirit Guards AND Ancient Parthan Defenders within 500 shards of gambling! Previous season for some reason it took me like 3000 shards to get just one Ancient Parthan Defenders.

Basically as soon as I hit 70 I was Torment 1 capable. Great start to the Season already.

Saprol

Not doing the really efficient HoA running. Did some bonus bounties while wearing Leoric's Crown / Cain's set. At least I have a Soulsmasher now. This explosion effect is hilarious until my life-on-kill stat stops putting a dent in enemies.

Don't know if I should be happy or sad that I got 6pc arachnyr already but only a single piece of helltooth, no zuni and 3jade shoulders... Guess the 800% explosive toads with my lvl 20 rheno flayer cubed effect is pretty decent, but I don't generate fetishes nearly as much as when I did acid cloud stuff. If I had the chicken weapon set that'd be a lot better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still dont understand the appeal of seasonal characters. Im having a great time with my DH, but thats the class. I already know that when I hit 70 I wont play her, I wont have my cube stuff from my main, I wont have my gold, my mats, etc.

Its like if I was playing wow and each of my characters was on different servers. I just dont get it

Addnan

The fun of it is that it is a fresh start and you get to farm all those items as if you were new to the game. Seasons isn't for you if you don't want to do that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The fun of it is that it is a fresh start and you get to farm all those items as if you were new to the game. Seasons isn't for you if you don't want to do that.

yeah I guess. Well lvl 41 now and I want the heroes mount so im not stopping.

Anyway, if I love turrets and chakras / multishot, are there sets waiting for me at 70 for that? especially turrets :p

edit: oh shit, theres a set that makes you have all your companions out and sentries throw out chakras and shit! :O

Zelias

Banned
Got the new Wizard belt at level 70 but nothing else to support an Archon build yet except a rubbish rolled Chantodo wand :(

Got decent enough gear to support a fire meteor build right now while I work on Vyr's.

Celegus

I still dont understand the appeal of seasonal characters. Im having a great time with my DH, but thats the class. I already know that when I hit 70 I wont play her, I wont have my cube stuff from my main, I wont have my gold, my mats, etc.

Its like if I was playing wow and each of my characters was on different servers. I just dont get it

I felt the same about the last 3 seasons and didnt really bother. The thing that finally got me was the fact that everyone else in GAF was playing seasons, so I'd constantly be logged on but have nobody to play with. Also KITTY CAT MOJO. And the HotS mount is freaking sweet.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, the requirement is pretty easy really. I think it's a case of "everyone who tries will get it" sort of thing.

Yeah, the first 3 chapters are all really easy and then chapter 4 (which gives the pet) is very basic stuff: defeat all the keywardens on T1+, reach GR10 solo, equip a legendary in every slot. Stuff you can do within the first few days of even casual play.

Also lol, literally the first rare item I upgrade to legendary is the HoTA 2h weapon and it has a nearly perfect damage roll, 8% damage, nearly perfect HoTA damage roll. Not ancient but this thing will be used for such a long time.

yeah I guess. Well lvl 41 now and I want the heroes mount so im not stopping.

Anyway, if I love turrets and chakras / multishot, are there sets waiting for me at 70 for that? especially turrets :p

edit: oh shit, theres a set that makes you have all your companions out and sentries throw out chakras and shit! :O

Are you doing it for the HotS mount, too?

Jedi2016

Woot! Got my Furnace!

It was actually a decent roll, but the +dmg bonus was low. Into the cube it went! lol

Still grinding Grifts to level up my gems. I never bothered really doing it before, but it's so much easier to pick a good level Grift for easy gem leveling. And then I'm not sure what I'll do.. probably go back to regular Rifts for a while to get some gear upgrades. Still need some Ancient BK weapons.

Getting the legendary gems with the new system kinda sucks. Before you could just slow roll a single GR key and get like 15gems out of it as soon as you hit 70 but now you need one key per gem so if you're not lucky with the gems you get it takes several keys to get the right gem, and meanwhile you can only upgrade crappy gems.

As a side note, got the cat mojo, cubed it, it's like really freaking good. Most of my issues with damage were the stupid charging mobs instantly hitting you for a bunch of dmg, but with it you basically shrug off the charges. Doesn't do anything for standing in the hurt stuff but I really like it for defensive stuff. Too bad it's a weapon slot and not sure it's usable without sacrificing too much(zuni offhand for carnevil specifically, not sure about the mojo for helltooth though).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Aww yeah, crafted a -17 level weapon at level 43 and then got a rift with two big goblin packs right afterward. I think I managed to kill about half of them with rend. Got the frenzy belt and HOTA bracers. That'll help out a lot for the rest of the trip to 70.

Thinking of jumping in to season four -- haven't played since just after RoS release so I'm sure a *lot* has changed. What does it mean to complete the season "journey"? Just get to 70? I'd like to get that pet.

Also, the cat mojo -- do I have to play a WD to get it? It's so cute. =)

Edit: Does doing the journey require that I play the campaign or can I just do it all in Adventure mode?

Robin64

Thinking of jumping in to season four -- haven't played since just after RoS release so I'm sure a *lot* has changed. What does it mean to complete the season "journey"? Just get to 70? I'd like to get that pet.

Also, the cat mojo -- do I have to play a WD to get it? It's so cute. =)

Season Journey is a new thing, split into 9 chapters with objectives to complete each. The pet and portrait reward only require you to beat the first 4, though.

And yes, if you want to use the cat mojo, you need to be a Witchdoctor.

Firemind

Holy shit the new Seismic Slam bracers is bonkers. Everything dies in one or two hits. :lol

Just crafted a -14 lvl 60 1h so hello T1.

Wtf, the Helltooth (2) set bonus is ludicrous. From relatively ez T1 I can easily went up to T4 with mostly shit items otherwise (well got Jade (2) set bonus too). 1500% dmg per second for 10 seconds and increased 20% damage from all sources to boot? Triggered by a crapton of stuff, too.

K, I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom