• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 Xbox One Stream

Daffy Duck

Originally Posted by Chuck

Does Marvel comics exist in the Marvel universe? What?

Originally Posted by bananas

WHY THE FUCK DOES STAN LEE, MARVEL AND SPIDERMAN COMICS EXIST IN THIS UNIVERSE?

We-need-to-go-deeper_inception.jpg

Now we need an image with a Spidey mask photoshopped onto Leo's face..

oyaH1Yl.jpg

Ehh. This isnt as broken as I expected. It looks like crap but other then tearing and the XB1 load times it looks like the ps4 footage already available.

Would be pretty anti climactic if the delay was something dumb like something went wrong at the disc factory and they didnt leave any time to fix it before release.

c0de

There's been quite a few Xbox One titles specifically with really bad loading times. I doubt this games high quality helped much though.

Which exactly? Are they multiplat? How bad are they compared to the competition?

G-Fex

So it's next gen cause the character models are detailed and stuff right?

I'm only asking cause I have stayed away form next-gen console threads and discussions.

def sim

Which exactly? Are they multiplat? How bad are they compared to the competition?

It's the first party stuff for whatever reason. They both use a 5200rpm HDD, there shouldn't actually be any difference with multiplatform games.

Cod Ghosts local multiplayer is awful compared to my friends 360 copy. It's lightning fast on 360 but takes a good few minutes per game on Xbox one. May be because there is a higher bot count available but it's pretty poor

c0de

It's the first party stuff for whatever reason. They both use a 5200rpm HDD, there shouldn't actually be any difference with multiplatform games.

Yes, that's why I am asking. If there would be an issue in 3rd party games you could blame Xbone but given it's about first party this seems to be more of a "game issue" than a general one.

c0de

Cod Ghosts local multiplayer is awful compared to my friends 360 copy. It's lightning fast on 360 but takes a good few minutes per game on Xbox one. May be because there is a higher bot count available but it's pretty poor

Well, the game needs to load more data. Look at the install size of both versions...

Daffy Duck

not just local multiplayer, it takes an age to load the multiplayer on the xbox one, was much quicker on the 360 (I owned both versions).

So it's next gen cause the character models are detailed and stuff right?

I'm only asking cause I have stayed away form next-gen console threads and discussions.

It has god rays. God rays and next gen.

Also weird ambient occlusion that doesn't work they way it should. Thats next gen as well

This makes me laugh. A game that was supposedly canceled just dropped onto XBL with no fanfare, and it's still $60 lol.

I watched some of the stream. Game looks like a huge piece of shit.

(And child of light still isn't on there)

The launch titles did take relatively long to load. Ryse especially.

However, I thought they kind of got the hang of it, because Tomb Raider was fast, Metal Gear was also fast, and most of the digital games have been acceptable.

Thief was the exception, but that gad atrocious load times on every platform, so no the best gauge.

c0de

The launch titles did take relatively long to load. Ryse especially.

However, I thought they kind of got the hang of it, because Tomb Raider was fast, Metal Gear was also fast, and most of the digital games have been acceptable.

Thief was the exception, but that gad atrocious load times on every platform, so no the best gauge.

So we can say it's not a general problem with the Xbone but with the game themselves. That's what I was for with the first reply to chuck.

So we can say it's not a general problem with the Xbone but with the game themselves. That's what I was for with the first reply to chuck.

Yeah, it was game dependent. Even for launch titles. Asus Creed 4 was decent, and Dead Rising 3 had a long initially load time, but it was an open world with no other load times, so fair game.

dandoolan

When are the reviews up ?

I'd read they didn't send out review copies of this game on any platform, so I don't think we're going to see a bunch of reviews going up at once. Just once each site finishes their review, as they haven't had time to get them together in advance.

EvB

Yeah, it was game dependent. Even for launch titles. Asus Creed 4 was decent, and Dead Rising 3 had a long initially load time, but it was an open world with no other load times, so fair game.

I'm pretty sure in this case it's some bad design.
Loading a sequence that exists on what part of the open world map then having it so the next cutscene is on the other side of the city is always going to result in a long load time.

I'm sure it's one of the reason open world games generally insist on you travelling up the location where a mission/cut scene will start.

SJRB

Gold Member
Does Marvel comics exist in the Marvel universe? What?

It gets more meta than that: Spiderman collects Spiderman comics.

[I know they're in-game collectables for the sake of upgrades and stuff and not much thought shoult be put into it, but it's kind of weird if you think about it]

I'd read they didn't send out review copies of this game on any platform, so I don't think we're going to see a bunch of reviews going up at once. Just once each site finishes their review, as they haven't had time to get them together in advance.

No review copies ? Worse than I thought

Top Bottom