• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Ingrid Hunnigan returns in Resident Evil 7

Xpliskin

It all started with this wild rumor spreading around twitter that DC Douglas was making a return in the next resident evil game, but he outright denied it.

Yesterday, the voice actor behind Ingrid Hunnigan tweeted this:
PvbPLNj.png

Why do I think she's returning as ingrid hunnigan ?

Now if we look at her past VO work:
4jhqN5t.png

Her work on the batman games are finished.
Her other character roles are different characters every single time.
Mistral in MGS:R
gets cut to pieces by raiden

Yet, she uses the work "recurring".

Resident Evil is the only videogame franchise she has a recurring role in

Recurring: periodically, or repeatedly
Grateful: She got the role
Videogames: Resident Evil

HkYzybM.png

EDIT: confused Wes Anderson with Paul W.S Anderson. Movie tie-in rumor still a rumor.

And hunnigan returning means one thing ... Leon.

***UPDATE***:

Holy shit ... actually most of the cast of Resident Evil Degeneration met during an audition last month.
vLEAQK7.png

iBgOUAG.png

McGlynn did the aunt in degeneration and enemy voice in RE6.
Mercer is Leon.
Freeman was Frederic Downing in degeneration.
Salli is Hunnigan

Matthew Mercer is definetly doing voice work with other previous Resident Evil actors.

UPDATE #3:
Take all of this with a grain of salt.
Salli and freeman are talking about a videogame, but given the cast, it's highly likely this is for a CGI movie or some other project.

Coxy

she's in the skylanders games as the same character repeatedly and there's a new one coming later this year

maomaoIYP

I can't remember for the life of me as to who is Ingrid. Goddamn RE storyline is too convoluted for its own good.
I will say that her work as Mistral was amazing.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
And with the rumor (not sure if it was discarded as fake) that Capcom is going to announce a big game this E3 (next-gen game), I think there's the chance that it's this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wes Anderson Video Game, yes! I can't wait to discover who I am through witty dialogue trees, exploring pastel landscapes and being Bill Murray.

Telltale Presents: The Grand Budapest Hotel

I can't remember for the life of me as to who is Ingrid. Goddamn RE storyline is too convoluted for its own good.
I will say that her work as Mistral was amazing.

Hunnigan is the woman with glasses that Leon would contact in RE4.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If the rumor was that Wes Anderson would direct the next Resident Evil, NOW I'd be interested!

Worthless character.

More Hunnigan means more Leon, which means the game is going to be yet another shooter.

Somebody, please, put a bullet in the series' head.

*goes back to play RE3*

Arsenic13

This week on the internet: ANOTHER Resident Evil 7 rumor. Will RE fans get the game they want despite repeated proof otherwise?

Probably not.

Ah ok thanks. The face does seem familiar. But in any case just a very minor character isn't it?

It is. I think people are presuming that a return for Hunnigan would mean a return for Leon too. But at this point I have zero reason to get interested in RE7 after 6.

They need to show me the right things to get me excited again.

The RE series needs new playable characters who aren't battle-hardened super soldiers.

Why would I be scared of anything playing as secret agent Leon or Chris the Incredible Hulk?

Sorry but I can't buy the idea of zombies being a credible threat anymore. These creatures were made to be styled on by superior firepower & maneuverability.
If the next RE is an abandoned mansion and the main character has only a 9mm with 3 bullets, a rusty butter knife, and his martial arts training consisted of watching 2 Jet Li movies, I'm bailing the hell out.

tbm24

Please not Resi 7 Capcom, go back to the drawing board and reboot it.
Screw that. RE6 was such a dam fun game with heaps of content. I'll gladly take more of that. It's high time people accept the direction this series has take for the past 10 years. It would also be a dam shame for the gameplay of RE6 to not feature in another game or be refined even more.

gogogow

4ab7a05d8726eb4ffe14c2b03613e8c9.jpg

Basically, she gives the player objectives.

I can't even understand how Capcom could fuck up her design so bad.

RE6 is the only RE game (from the main serie) I just can't finish. I played all of them. RE6 is just so bad. I only played a couple of hours and don't feel like continuing and I already restarted the game a few times. Every time I just quit and don't go back until a few month later just to put it down again.....maybe i'll go back to it again one of these days. I also bought RE4 HD on steam. I already finished RE4 like dozens of times, but i'm still having so much fun and I already finished this game on every platform it has released on in past.

Top Bottom