• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Sanjuro

We should run a dummy league and see if it is actually, you know, functionable

First league is likely going to be a dummy/push it forward league. So far, I haven't played a functional game. They have been comprised of that thing where it feels like two different people are playing two very different games.

Also, I'm down for a fantasy draft in one of our leagues. Problem is are we going to get that many people together to actually pound one out?

I'll just run one for like four people. We can play games and mostly sim shit. I just want to see if it will collapse mid or end season like 2k

Remember that time we played a season then found out there was some playoff bug? Yeah don't want that again

ecnal

I'll just run one for like four people. We can play games and mostly sim shit. I just want to see if it will collapse mid or end season like 2k

Remember that time we played a season then found out there was some playoff bug? Yeah don't want that again

:(

turnbuckle

Whoa, didn't know this thread existed. I'll be in if the Tigers are still available. If they're not I'll sit out but may be willing to substitute if someone inevitably bails.

First league is likely going to be a dummy/push it forward league. So far, I haven't played a functional game. They have been comprised of that thing where it feels like two different people are playing two very different games.

Also, I'm down for a fantasy draft in one of our leagues. Problem is are we going to get that many people together to actually pound one out?

Ooh, a fantasy draft I'd definitely participate in. I'd do one or the other, won't be able to commit to both.

Oh shit that sucks. But I'll down for draft n regular league.

Sanjuro

I'm about to make a dummy league....info up soon. will just make it a small number of people

I was going to shift those responsibilities to you shortly.

Make the league, add only a few people, see if it has the admin rules like it did on the PS3 so we all have the power to advance/sim/resolve.\

i made all cpu teams but i sent out invites to people on my list

dmncn
mcneily
jabee
sanjuro
drizzler
rob
acheron
ecnal
fmt
ferny
oatmeal
pistolpete

sent invites to you all. right now i already just set cpu teams with people but i think you should still be able to take over

12 user max fake league

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Don't see it bro. Went to online franchise then to 'franchise invites' it's blank. Did you send them yet?

NVM got it.

since I put cpu on the rest apparently invites don't work. so some people have them for now but me and rob are testing a game

gg rob. for the most part latency was good but a few weird plays

-you threw out a guy i sacrificed to third....though it shows he got on base and your 3B wasn't on the bag??
-your 3b did this weird double pump and didn't throw to third
-a weird pitch or two that was way off

other than that i was trash. GG

what did you think of the settings, both on all star

DietRob

The first couple of at bats were pretty bad latency wise but then it kinda evened out.

I'm not sure what happened on that 3rd base play but from my vantage point it looked like you started towards third, went back to 2nd then went towards third again and I threw you out by a country mile. Weird.. Base running control is trash. I've been playing for what 7 years now and I am still awful at it.

But yea other than that small hiccup and the bit of latency at the start it played pretty darn good.

GG Bro. Sorry for all those bombs.

Oh, regarding the settings that was right where I always play at so it was fine for me. I honestly thought it might of been on veteran because of all those HR's I just mentioned. Kinda surprised TBH. If I had it my way I would do auto or assisted base running though. Maybe that's cheap? Dunno. Baserunning just SUCKS.

DietRob

Online franchise interface is slow as piss. Even something as simple as looking at rosters and free agents takes quite a while.

Well so far it doesn't look like a giant disaster

Stats were recorded from game 1 and whatnot

So I guess the next thing to do is to find out what teams we're using and who isn't going to bail on the league in less than a week

DietRob

We should try to advance and maybe get a few more games in from others before we start doing trust falls with San Diego studio.

DietRob

think we should just sim a whole season?

Not sure. Couldn't hurt.

I tried to advance on my own but did not have admin rights to do so. That's how it should be right. I've never run or been in a league for MLB, seems like it works like madden would though where juro would have to advance us for the next set of series.

McNei1y

Sim a season until playoffs and see if there's any glitch. As for the team issue... we should PM all of the potential owners and see if they'll be active. If they don't respond in a given time, then they should be "looked over".

so I did flex scheduling allowing for three series at once. well you can't seemingly sim ALL games and advance but you have to go to each team and "sim to this point"

well that takes forever but i did it. and then the game still told me i needed to resolve all games, well I thought i fucking did that!

might be best to do one series at a time. i will see if that works better

Top Bottom