• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

antibolo

Banned
Just so it's clear, the figure I ordered is this:
6018096013c0646640cc9cfd937c119e.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Making a Halloween project for Multimedia design & I'm so tempted to use one of the executions (Leon or Kirigiri) or murders (dat Komaeda one, especially) for one of the slides.

Maybe I should finally get around to watching the anime series of DR1 as a "halloween feature".

& to be a bit more on-topic, if Another Episode does get localized, will the Spoiler OT be considered the official community thread after this one since it'll be the newest game?

& to be a bit more on-topic, if Another Episode does get localized, will the Spoiler OT be considered the official community thread after this one since it'll be the newest game?

Most likelyyyyyy

Until DR3 gets announced (and probably release a month after AE comes out here) and suddenly everyone's on spoilers lockdown again hahahaha

if you want to see the full version of the stage show, you're in luck: you can now reserve your very own blu-ray or dvd copy of the show for as low as 4800 yen!

i kinda want to see the whole thing at some point but certainly not $40+ of want

I think it's only 60 minutes? Which seems pretty short :x

I can only imagine it feels less of a murder mystery and more of a murder spree with people dropping left and right, lol

40 dollars isn't thatttttt bad >_>

I can't find a runtime on the stage show itself, but the 60+ minutes on that page is referring to documentary bonus footage.

I mean, not that there's any way it'll be long enough that it won't need to rush through the plot.

I can't find a runtime on the stage show itself, but the 60+ minutes on that page is referring to documentary bonus footage.

I mean, not that there's any way it'll be long enough that it won't need to rush through the plot.

Oh that's not bad then. I kinda gave up reading the words around that 60 minutes listing, lol

Super duper tempted to get this if it goes up amiami just for the sheer goofiness of it.
And for toku Ishimaru

Holmes

Just platinumed Danganronpa 2. Story was great, but I didn't like how Monokuma had to give them a motive for much of the killings. Wish they just did it on their own.

Also that feel when all your faves survive.

Just platinumed Danganronpa 2. Story was great, but I didn't like how Monokuma had to give them a motive for much of the killings. Wish they just did it on their own.
Monokuma gave motives in the first DR too, but I take that you mean how forceful were the motives in Chapters 3 and 4. Then yeah, I agree.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Agreed. It was kind of more interesting to see why someone did the killing when being motivated by different reasons & such (I still wanted to know about tapes & secrets from DR1) compared to "STAY IN THIS ROOM. THERE BETTER BE A DEAD PERSON WHEN I COME BACK".

I guess one could argue Monokuma wanted to see how long until the despair would set in (not to mention no food, which we assume is how Akane achieved ultimate despair, so maybe it would be a step towards making her back to "normal"? *shrugs*), but it's still more interesting when it's the character's motivations (be it their own or something to push them like the secrets, those tapes, money, etc. from DR1) rather than the killer forcing it.

DaBoss

Appreciation for one of the best songs that first appears in one of the best moments in the game: Class Trial (Odd Edition)

I heard it again a while back while my sister was playing DR2 (at chapter 5 now), and I've been meaning to find this song on YouTube for a while.

It fit the mood and sounds cool.

Wait, whoa, since when have DR1 and 2's soundtracks been available on US Amazon and iTunes? Did everyone know about this but me?

lol @ From Me to You Too being labeled as explicit

edit: Oh, evidently they're not totally complete. Pretty much all the stuff that's missing are just, like, stingers, but there's also some neat stuff not there like the 8/16-bit versions of tracks. Also no ending themes. Still nice to have such easy and relatively inexpensive access to them, at least.

UberTag

I regret taking my time playing through this game.
Finally wrapped things up last week only to hop into the spoiler discussion thread to see you guys in full merchandise discussion mode.

Monokuma gave motives in the first DR too, but I take that you mean how forceful were the motives in Chapters 3 and 4. Then yeah, I agree.

But the point in this game is that Monokuma is trying to have them get killed off as quickly as possible so as to spring a trap on Kirigiri, Togami, and Naegi. The best way to do that is manipulation - he intended Fuyuhiko or Peko to kill, he intended basically anyone to kill in Chapter 3, etc. It's definitely different, but it's not like it's contradictory or anything. More than anything Monokuma could have done, manipulating the situation as much as he did is what suits his goals, while he did not really do much at all to manipulate the situation of the first game because the goal was for them to die, and he expected it would happen one way or another. And in fact, he did manipulate it in the first game - Mukuro gets killed, and Sakura was supposed to kill under orders of Monokuma to get the ball rolling if need be.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I finished this yesterday - really enjoyed the last few chapters.

I'm glad Fuyuhiko remained awesome throughout the game after hitting an early peak with the line 'make like a tree and fuck off'.

I could not stand Gundham.

man i'm playing through the first game aagin on a whim, and they make it super obvious that Celeste is the killer, she's way too combative and gets ridiculously defensive over every new discovery

so much for being a super duper gambler if she can't lie her way out of a paperbag.

then again the first cast was basically dumb as rocks minus kirigiri

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Did you miss the entire last hour of Chapter 4? Cuz he's a pretty friggin' complex character in regards to his philosophies and motivations.

Not attempting to be too cool for school, but I was drunk when I went through the fourth trial.

Aside from the fact he did it to get everyone out of the funhouse, and did his 'never give up on life' shtick am I missing anything in particular?

I really like this, and the first one, but most of the cast are under-developed. Gundham fell into that category for me, and I didn't find his character entertaining.

Acid08

Banned
Not attempting to be too cool for school, but I was drunk when I went through the fourth trial.

Aside from the fact he did it to get everyone out of the funhouse, and did his 'never give up on life' shtick am I missing anything in particular?

I really like this, and the first one, but most of the cast are under-developed. Gundham fell into that category for me, and I didn't find his character entertaining.

Yeah if you don't find Gundam's whole shtick entertaining then there's probably not a lot there for you with him.

Go replay or rewatch it then. You're missing a lot of undertones that imply that Gundam's actually one of the smartest and strongest members of the group, despite the fact that his skills are masked by his demeanour. His post-trial dialogue in particular is full of double meaning.

PK Gaming

Byakuya touts himself as some super genius, but he does the dumbest shit imagineable to make himself stand out.

I love how he says "I did this to snoop out my future opponent, and it was you Makoto" completely ignoring the real threat that is Kyoko.

Poor Byakuya, he just can't compare

Acid08

Banned
Byakuya touts himself as some super genius, but he does the dumbest shit imagineable to make himself stand out.

I love how he says "I did this to snoop out my future opponent, and it was you Makoto" completely ignoring the real threat that is Kyoko.

Poor Byakuya, he just can't compare

Best moment.

Top Bottom