• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Officially Revealed!!

Revealed in the latest PC gamer!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/08/k...rror-with-the-most-advanced-gore-system-ever/

A manhole opens. For a moment, nothing happens. And then a zed, a naked genetic freak sheathed in slimy grey skin, pops out of the hole like a horrorshow jack-in-the-box. The zed has the mind of a child. It doesn't know much, but it knows it wants to kill.

The zed manages two steps from the manhole before a stream of bullets blast it off its feet. More bullets tear into it in midair, splattering blood across the street and unburdening its gut of a generous helping of internal organs. Everyone in the dark conference room at Tripwire Interactive laughs or oohs as they watch the most complicated gore system in gaming—a gore system they've been building for Killing Floor 2 for the past two years—eviscerate the zed in a way they've never quite seen before.

iV7StU5562etq.gif

Get hype! get DOSH!

n0tail

Banned
I remember I only played the first one during Christmas season with that amazingly hilarious Santa Zombies and that Christmas song was so funny. Must have spent like 20 hours listening to "Dum dum dum!" :D

SparkTR

The gore looks nice, and that's what matters.

But actually the guns displaying ~240 frames of animations sounds fantastic, slow mo is going to be insane.

ZoddGutts

Looking good.

GLJjD51.jpg

tB8mslG.jpg

37D8tPh.jpg

A quote from the article:

When we started designing the game we decided gore was going to be the most important feature," says David Hensley, art director on Killing Floor 2. "We were really inspired by Soldier of Fortune, the GHOUL system. We wanted to outdo Soldier of Fortune's gore.

Nice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
KF2 will support Steam Workshop for mods. Tripwire will release a mod SDK. "That's one of the things we're very adamant about," Gibson says. "We like to prod DICE and EA on this one occasionally. They've essentially come out and said that games have progressed to the point [that they] don't believe the community can make content for [their] games. I say that's total BS. People are smart. That's selling them short. They will figure out their tools. If we can do it, smart kids out there are going to figure it out too."

It didn't take a genius to deduce Dice was just making up excuses because Papa EA didn't want mods to steal attention away from DLC releases, but nonetheless I appreciate the candor.

Edit: I think it needs to be said that there are two different leaks: the registry leaks from last year and the Top 100 leaks from earlier this year. Killing Floor 2 falls into the latter category whereas Halo is in the former, so the unveiling of one has no bearing on the likelihood of the other.

Elixist

fuck ya. I love new gore systems, sometimes you just want to load up a game and shoot shit and it be as satisfying as possible. l4d2 is probly my favorite for that right now.

Xyber

Here's some cash guys, someone take it.

Can't wait for this game, had a lot of fun with the first one.

Tripwire calls KF2's gore system MEAT. Massive Evisceration and Trauma.

Hensley uses a pistol to slowly tear apart Cysts. The Cysts are new, weaker Clot variants—the underdeveloped killer babies of the genetic freak family. Each zed in KF2 features 19 points of dismemberment. "You can blow chunks off their head to reveal skull," he says. "Keep shooting the skull and it explodes, revealing brain cross sections. You can cut them in half vertically, horizontally.

Awesome.

Spider-like Crawlers pour out of vents in the walls and ceiling and scurry around in the darkness.

NOPE

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sounds awesome. Hope they included a bigger selection of weapons for this one.

Sh*t, f*ck !!

I love Killing Floor (one of my fav' games), Im so so hyped, looks pretty good ! Any news on which engine is it running on ?!

ZoddGutts

Making the game easily moddable is a smart idea for a game like this. It's going to give the game longevity. Wish more devs would do this. Divinity: Original Sin a RPG game is going to be easily moddable too. Great to see see devs out there supporting mods for their game.

mcz117chief

CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT !
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!
DOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

<-------------- my face right now

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Tripwire's guns, already renowned for their realism, also benefit from Killing Floor 2's focus on animation fidelity. "Guns shoot at such a high framerate, if you animate the gun at 30 frames per second, you're only going to get six frames per second when you go into slow-mo to show that gun animating," says Munk. "We started experimenting. What happens if we animate our weapons shooting at ridiculously high framerates? Using the Bullpup as an example, we animated at 242 frames per second, which gives us 22 frames per shell that ejects out of the weapons. In slow-mo you can actually see every kickback."

*spasm*

Cutebrute

No worries, Tripwire, I will gladly Early Access the shit out of this game.

The Patriarch had better sound the same!

Top Bottom