• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor |OT| Super Giant Sword

LiK

Developer/Publisher: Supergiant Games
Release date: May 20, 2014 | May 21, 2014 (EU PS4)
Genre: Action RPG
Modes: Single-Player | Recursion Mode
Platforms: Playstation 4 [PSN] | PC [Steam] (Linux | Mac planned)
Price: NA: $19.99 | EU: €18.99 | UK: £14.99​

Transistor for PlayStation 4 Features
- DualShock 4 Light Bar flashes in sync with the Transistor’s speech
- More than 30 Trophies (including a Platinum Trophy)
- Remote Play & Share Button support (standard for PS4 games)

Transistor for PC Features
- Full controller support & fully remappable controls
- Steamworks support including cloud saves, achievements, & trading cards
- DRM-free: You can play the game offline if you want

PC Minimum System Requirements
CPU: 2.6GHz Dual Core CPU or greater
RAM: 4GB or greater
GPU: 1GB Video RAM or greater, e.g. Intel HD Graphics 3000, Nvidia 9400 GT, AMD HD 5450
Hard Drive Space: 4GB free

What is the game’s native resolution?
Transistor runs at 1080p on both the PlayStation 4 and PC. The PC version also contains 720p assets for compatibility with less powerful systems.

Will there be a stand-alone DRM-free version of Transistor for PC?
We have no plans for a stand-alone installer for Transistor at this time. The Steam version of the game includes various features that require Steam, such as cloud saves, achievements, and trading cards, and for launch we did not want to create a separate version lacking these features. Note we have put no DRM in Transistor unless you count Steam as a form of DRM. Once you’ve downloaded the game from Steam, you don’t need Steam to be running in order to play.

Transistor is a sci-fi themed action RPG that invites players to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as they fight through a stunning futuristic city. The game seamlessly integrates thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience, melding responsive gameplay and rich atmospheric storytelling. During the course of the adventure, players will piece together the Transistor’s mysteries as they pursue its former owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTik6sYT_BE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT55lch6y_U

Questions?

Who's Supergiant Games?
They made Bastion

Where can I get the OST?
You can buy it direct from Supergiant Games or Steam (in a bundle or as separate DLC).

I beat the game, where to next?
Join us in the Spoilers Thread!

Why is Greg Kasavin so cool?
Because he just is.

More questions?
Official FAQ

sub_o

Good job LiK. Now I just need a giant Greg Kasavin's poster in my room, so that I can look at it at night....

I just started playing bastion for the first time, and it's a great game! I'm really looking forward to transistor now. The art style is amazing!

skynidas

Banned
Good job LiK. Now I just need a giant Greg Kasavin's poster in my room, so that I can look at it at night....

2580913-2464315-2544811499-11675.jpg

-

OneUh8

Man I can't wait! Preordered this on the PS4. Is it odd that the thing I am most looking forward to is the soundtrack?

I guess the days of $15 dollar games are getting phased out, huh?

Either way, this game looks awesome and I will Day One it easily. I think I will go with PS4 version because while I have a PC, my PS4 library needs more games. Also, the PC version will probably be sold for 5 bucks in like 4 months.

Seanspeed

Banned
I would actually get this Day 1 if it weren't for me being pretty entrenched in a few games as it is. We'll see. Maybe in a few weeks.

kudoboi

Any deals out there for this game (PC)?

none as far as i know unless you count buying from traders which is slightly cheaper. the devs were smart to not put this game on GMG because we would be able to use the 25% or 20% discount

anyways cannot wait for this game on PC. might buy it alongside wolfenstein

Don't want to derail too much but I thought they originally announced a vita version too...was that cancelled?

AFAIK they never said it was ever coming to vita. but they didn't rule it out as a platform

AEREC

Don't want to derail too much but I thought they originally announced a vita version too...was that cancelled?

kubus

Awesome OT! Looks nice on mobile as well. Looking forward to this game.

Also, PSA for cheapass EuroGAF:

If you want to buy this game on PC, you can save some money by buying it directly from Supergiant Games. You get a Steam key at release. They also offer the game+OST bundle.

Transistor
Supergiant: $19.99 (~€14,50, ~£11.85)
Steam: €18,99 / £14.99

Transistor + Soundtrack
Supergiant: $29.98 (~€21,78, ~£17.79)
Steam: €28,98 / £21.98

Jb

I've purposefully stayed away from most media about this game, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the experience when it actually comes out.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait. Bastion was awesome, going to pick this up on my PS4, with remote play on Vita I'm pretty excited.

Top Bottom