• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Chairmanchuck
(05-16-2014, 01:53 AM)
So. Wearing a pink suit and looking like someone from scandinavia is considered gay now?
ReturnOfTheRAT

Originally Posted by taco543

I just woke up from a cat nap and saw this thread...

I can't believe him and the edits.
Karkador

Originally Posted by Applebite

How about we wait for the fucking game to come out before criticising POTENTIAL elements of it? There might be some totally valid criticisms, but how can they be applied to a game that hasn't even shown a trailer yet?

Regardless of what side you're on, as always, this is NeoGAF
themagicalkitsune
Banned
(05-16-2014, 01:54 AM)

Originally Posted by DarkFlow

He also thinks we would some how be SHOCKED if he posted a pic of him cuddling with his boyfriend...

I thought he already did? lol
schennmu
(05-16-2014, 01:55 AM)
Epic thread backfire!
Dr.Bergenstein
Banned

Originally Posted by Karkador

This is exactly what the White Savior complex is talking about; the natives have all this "baggage" (their heads up their ass, apparently) and can't solve their own problems. It's like saying no foreign country can truly be indepedent because they need American magic to keep them standing.

Okay, so any storyline where an outsider intervenes in another culture's ongoing struggle is inherently racist. Gotcha.

And actually, I was going to use the US as an example. I guess those people asking for help in the Ukraine don't realize they're feeding into the "White Saviour" agenda? How about the Nigerians?...
Zaro
We can only hope that the protagonist is a black transsexual quadriplegic to balance things out.
Gun Animal
lol i'm straight and i dress and look almost exactly like that all the time. Have I been being straight wrong this whole time?
kamorra
He posted the cuddling pic. Please be SHOCKED.
gngf123
(05-16-2014, 01:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Gun Animal

lol i'm straight and i dress and look almost exactly like that all the time. Have I been being straight wrong this whole time?

No, you are just being someone who I would happily take male fashion advice from. Keep up the good work.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him

Originally Posted by Dr.Bergenstein

Okay, so any storyline where an outsider intervenes in another culture's ongoing struggle is inherently racist. Gotcha.

And actually, I was going to use the US as an example. I guess those people asking for help in the Ukraine don't realize they're feeding into the "White Saviour" agenda? How about the Nigerians?...

There probably are factions on the ground who resent outside interference in what to them appear as internal affairs, actually.
DarkFlow

Originally Posted by kamorra

He posted the cuddling pic. Please be SHOCKED.

MuseManMike

Originally Posted by d0c_zaius

Jed Whitaker ‏@Jed05 1m
YA FOUND ME. OH NOES. #WitchHunt

and now hes claiming witch hunt. I think this funship has run its course.

In case you actually care about things OP, no one would have called you out if you didn't come across so ass backwards with your intention.

Yeah, I think I'm done. I generally avoid these discussions but the fact the thread went up the second after I saw the announcement thread, I was just stupefied.
Majanew
(05-16-2014, 01:57 AM)

Boys wear blue and girls wear pink like nature intended. Sheesh. Be one with nature, bromosexual.

And with that, I'm out of this thread. Will revisit when details for the game release.
Tinfoilhatsron
Banned

Originally Posted by Sciz

Watching a new firestorm break out every day quickly grows exhausting. Same reason a bunch of people are getting sick of game performance threads, even if the overall subject merits discussion. Folks get wound up too much on both sides of the fence which makes the dialogue tiring to read for anyone with a moderate or undetermined stance, and then every possible point of contention gets blown into a new thread, so it's impossible to ever get them out of your peripheral awareness even if you're actively avoiding them.

This thread right here is entitled "Far Cry 4's art is racist", which is a very strong starting point for a discussion, and all the OP's got to back that claim up is Twitter reactions, which is the worst possible platform for constructive discourse. He's also not personally calling the art racist, so I can't fathom what he was thinking by phrasing the title in such a declarative way that's guaranteed to draw equally strong kneejerk replies.

Toning the ferocity and quantity of the discourse down would go a long way towards improving its quality.

Now here is a discussion we can have. :) I do agree with you that the OP doesn't help matters with his tone or his clickbait thread title. It seems to bring out the worst in people on each side, whether it be inflammatory titles with poor reasearch or the lamenting of adding diversity in video games.

The firestorms were enevitable, yet I expect nothing less. There are positives in creating some of these threads such as the Miiquality thread. If every thread was like that one, it wouldn't be Neogaf.
Easy_D
never left the stone age

Originally Posted by Strife In a Teacup

Surprised no one posted this yet:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...#bonusFeatures

Not only are they stereotyping gays and making a horribly racist cover, now they're making fun of men with small dicks, For shame Ubisoft!
BlackFlip

Jed Whitaker ‏@Jed05 1m

In case you actually care about things OP, no one would have called you out if you didn't come across so ass backwards with your intention.

Is this guy a Polygon journalist.
Luft Vanship
Banned

Jed Whitaker ‏@Jed05 1m

Witch Hunt?

People are calling him out for pushing an agenda and assuming things and instead of defending himself here he takes to twitter and cry's wolf, no I'm sorry but fuck this guy.

P.S. I'm wearing a purple shirt as i write this ;)
EMT0
(05-16-2014, 01:58 AM)
I'm surprised the OP hasn't been banned yet for the smearing he's pulling, both in this thread and on twitter.

Hey, I like your haircut then.
BUNTING1243
Considering how gross Far Cry 3 was with it's white savior themes and the male rape, I'm not really confident about this. Do we know if it's the same writer?
GQman2121
(05-16-2014, 01:59 AM)
The assumptions in the OP are hilarious. What is going on with this forum lately?
PaulloDEC
(05-16-2014, 01:59 AM)
I don't really see the issue. Why can't a villain be gay, or flamboyant, or both? Why can't a light skinned character be racist, or just unpleasant towards a dark skinned character? Unless the writers are trying to suggest these things are good, or socially acceptable traits, what's the problem?

If we all put the disc in on launch day to find that the guy in the suit is actually the protagonist, and that the game is dedicated to glorifying violence and hatred against a particular racial group while spouting camp cliches, the OP might have a point.