• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morokh

iHazsoup: "Ugh, you wanna do Tequila again? It's getting boring, why would you want to kill the same boss everyday?"

Tequatl and triple Wurm are the only bosses I haven't killed a thousand times (yet !)

So i've taken on doing Tequatl more regularly for now since it's easier to get in one without waiting insane amounts of time, then I'll check out Wurm when i'm bored with it.

I also still have Fractals on the to-do list but there's no way in hell i'm running them with a PUG, at least not until I have had the opportunity to do more.

Hedge

I have been telling myself that the reason Ree haven't been anywhere near Living Story, is because she's working on an expansion story.
McCoy and the others still seem to just be stalling for time.
I really, really think there will be an expansion announced within 2015, because the content and the story produced in the LS does not reflect what Anet is capable of. The larger team must be busy doing something else.

I hope.

Spyware

I really hope Halloween starts before midnight here D:

This thread is hardly negative. I, and I suspect others, make a point not to post negativity in this thread. I've recently observed GAFers venting on the subreddit. People should feel free to vent their frustrations here, but it seems some of us do not.
That is unfortunate. I feel like stating what you feel could be done better, what you don't like about the game and so on is completely fine. Hyperbolic statements... not so much. I really can't see any reason to call last Wintersday "atrocious" for example. Stating what was wrong with it and discussing it is a completely different thing to me.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm trying to be more social at sbi teq to try to keep it fresh and fun but it's been still fairly...rote I guess.

I started joining defense groups to spice it up.

The next logical step is to start doing defense groups without wearing armor.

I also still have Fractals on the to-do list but there's no way in hell i'm running them with a PUG, at least not until I have had the opportunity to do more.

PUG fractals are so much fun! It's a self esteem booster when everyone without a GAF tag dies in the Aetherblade Fractal during the Fizz fight.

Dropped 4 random rare weapons and I got this:
vBDUrRo.jpg

Mystic Forge is the best!

Retro

Hey folks, just wanted to let everyone know that we've added a new Rank to the guild; "Moose Turd."

Kos is currently the only member of this group.

No particular reason.

Retro

Patch Notes are up:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-October-21-2014

Hmmm...
A Halloween vendor merchant northwest of the Trader’s Forum Waypoint in Lion’s Arch will exchange your candy corn for candy corn cobs. These can be used to buy brand new rewards, including the Mini Zuzu, Cat of Darkness, and new crafting recipes, as well as old favorites like Mini Bloody Prince Thorn and 20-slot Halloween Pail inventory bags. The vendor will also combine your stacks of chattering skulls, plastic fangs, and nougat into refined versions. The resulting items can be used to craft exclusive Halloween weapons, including: Mad Moon (shield), Arachnophobia (short bow), and The Crossing (staff).

Mxrz

ANet has never seemed interested in making the game you play for eight hours a day, seven days a week. Although people do that anyway. A new expansion, of more of the same, will just result in those people blasting through it in two weeks and then complaining again.

So yeah I'm on the more sandbox-wagon, add in more dynamic wvw/pvp game modes, and challenge missions. Things you can't beat so much as get better at.

Arcteryx

HAHHAHAAHAHAHA

you cannot, repeat CANNOT, trade gold for individual amounts of gems anymore.

It's ONLY fixed amounts, starting with 400 gems.

gg

Mxrz

Yeah. Not thrilled here. How is this less confusing? I hate when people set up virtual currency-exchanges and then dick you over with the pricing to make you buy more than you want. Let us start buying items directly with real money then.

Arcteryx

Yeah. Not thrilled here. How is this less confusing? I hate when people set up virtual currency-exchanges and then dick you over with the pricing to make you buy more than you want. Let us start buying items directly with real money then.

Yep.

This REALLY hurts the people without a lot of gold, as they will be consistently shelling out more and more(gg conversion rates) due to the "tiered" nature now. Have fun getting those 300 or 500 gem items now...

Arcteryx

They are bringing back some of the old skins too:

Foil Wrapped Candy is available for two weeks. This item grants random 10-minute boosts and gives players a foil wrapper usable for in-game events.

So you either purchase them via the BL or you can get them from drops, but basically the REALLY expensive old Halloween skins are being raffled off now. Seems to be about 100 of each(a couple are 200).

Mxrz

Ugh. Hexed outfit is a Witch outfit reskinned. Just bought the Witchout fit a few weeks ago cause I thought nothing new was coming. Roshambo would be more pleasant than this patch so far.

Arcteryx

Ugh. Hexed outfit is a Witch outfit reskinned. Just bought the Witchout fit a few weeks ago cause I thought nothing new was coming. Roshambo would be more pleasant than this patch so far.

Yea, I held off on the witch outfit...luckily, as the new one is already cheap(and will become FAR cheaper once more candy corn gets out there) ~30g for the corn.

I will say: I'm pleased with the Count outfit. Been wanting a Countess Anise look for awhile now.

Not terribly thrilled with the gold/gem exchange changes. I'll be interested to see if this is it's final form or if it will receive tweaks as they get more fan feedback.

Levyne

Banned
There's a Halloween Collection unlocked by finding an "Old Pillowcase" item. Halloween vanity item usage (ie, Toilet Paper), mostly. Reward is a mini Candy Corn Ghoulemental.

Cels

wow. this gem conversion change reminds me of leftover MS points on xbox live. you would end up with some amount of points that was too few to buy anything. so, you had to buy more points, and often more points than you needed.

it took years, but MS eventually improved things by moving over to a normal cash system, and converting any MSP in your account to cash. Anet on the other hand appears to be moving backwards. this isn't some mistake, either. this is by design.

Mxrz

Yeah, we raged at ms and others for this. Much as I dig ANet and GW, feel like a bit of a cad if I buy into this system after that.

xeris

Most annoying thing for me is I buy gems here and there as I have disposable gold. So right now I have 389 gems. Near as I can tell, that 89 gems will always be useless.

Moondrop

Banned
Most annoying thing for me is I buy gems here and there as I have disposable gold. So right now I have 389 gems. Near as I can tell, that 89 gems will always be useless.
Actually you can convert those 89 gems to gold, leaving you with 7 useless gems at the rates above. :p

xeris

Actually you can convert those 89 gems to gold, leaving you with 7 useless gems at the rates above. :p

Just did the math. If I sold all my gems at the above rates I'd get 53 gold with no gems left. Since all I ever used gold for was to buy gems, teleports, and crafting mats yeah that's a deal.

nataku

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...out-the-new-Gem-conversion/page/4#post4503369

Hey there,
Here are a few tidbits from the team:

A lot of newer players had trouble with the interface. That doesn’t apply to you, you’re veterans who have been around the conversion block a time or two. But newer players will benefit from the updated system.

The goal was to make the Gem Store more like other shopping experiences, and if you think about it, there is more of that feel to it now.

You may be surprised to know this (I know I was) but very few people bought gems at smaller denominations than the first one offered in the new system. That’s not to say they never did, nor that there wouldn't be the desire to do so. But overall, the current options were selected based on player purchases in the past.

The team is going to listen to your feedback and, if and when it’s practical and desirable, they can look towards adjusting the new system to better meet your needs.

So please keep your thoughts coming on the new system. Feel free to make suggestions but please, keeping them constructive would be very much appreciated.

Uh... huh.

Saying this benefits new players is such an ass backwards way of thinking, too. New players won't have gobs of gold to throw at converting to gems. The old system is much more friendly to them if that was their concern.

Complistic

They need to have that new gem exchange alongside another tab where you can get exactly how many you want like before.

I can see where the old way would be confusing for new players but this is unacceptable.

Katoki

Only veteran players give a shit though. The new players won't know the difference anyway besides for the fact they need to buy gems because they won't be able to afford to convert for a while unless they come across some magical inheritance.

I personally don't care since I buy gems straight but there's been little reason to do it lately with how much fun the game has not been.

2014 so far is a disaster of a year for GW2. Game can't catch a break.

Since the game launched Fractals and April feature patch has been the only shinning moments in 26months, currently they are looking like a headless chicken flapping around with the only purpose...DEATH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom