• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$22 Free Credit on the Amazon Appstore - Today Only

Use 'em to buy four Kairosoft games. Free money well spent.

Everyone should be using them on these. (Game Dev Story is a must play)

Gonna get FF and some Kairosoft games

EDIT: lmao fuck even Free $15 for FFIV is making me think twice. There are a lot of good games you can buy with all that money. I'm in for Monument Valley, Threes, and Kairosoft Ninjas heard good things about all of these

Schrade

I keep buying stuff and getting more coins!

Have gotten:

Minecraft
Threes
Bejeweled 2
Scribblenauts Remix

I want some more puzzle games though. Why is there no Chuzzle or Bookworm :( I used to love those.

Anyone have some suggestions on paid apps to get? I tried looking for things like Titanium Backup but they aren't in there.

Sarquiss_

Finally got it to give me the option of buying San Andreas, however I don't see any option to buy using coins? I am using a web browser as my Note 3 is currently out getting repaired :(

I recommend anyone who has a passing interest in football to get FM 2014 by the way, it's absolutely addicting as hell. Not quite as in depth as the PC one (it's like the PC version from about 7 - 10 years ago), but honestly you won't regret it.

hohoXD123

- Email Amazon Support
- Tell them you're a loyal customer and list an item you want to buy
- Ask extremely politely to have you Coins, MP3, Kindle, Digital Game, Ect... credit available for regular purchases
- Use credit given on thousands of Amazon items
- If they respond and say no, send a reply email thanking them for their time. Maybe they'll have a change of heart, maybe they wont.

EITHER WAY DON'T BE A FUCKING DICK ABOUT IT.

They're overworked CS staff. They don't need your bullshit, don't deserve it, and sure as shit don't owe you anything. You be nice and nice things may happen. Don't be nice for the sake of shit, be nice because it's the right thing to do.

They can. They just aren't going to. Luck of the draw, friend. I'm sorry.

Remember not to be a cunt about it!!

If this doesn't work, you can be damned sure that I'll give them a piece of my mind.
The piece being that I appreciated them taking the time to read my email.

Darknight

It's shady as all get out, but you can delete the San Andreas app and redownload to get another 2000 coins.

Don't know if they patched the hole yet.

Do you mean re-purchase with the $22 credit to get another $20? Or did you mean if you have a Kindle, just delete app, and redownload from list to get more credit?

Remark

Banned
Ya boy stacking up on coins :3

I bought some games and some general apps I've been looking at for a minute, thanks OP!

Anyone know when/if the coins expire?

Also Wayward Souls is coming to android at some point. This game would be godly on a tablet (Playing on my small phone screen sucks). For those who've never heard of it its a top-down SNES-esque Dark/Demon's Souls game.

EDIT: Also recommending Kingdom Rush (Great tower defense game). I'm about to double dip for this because its so good.

noquarter

I recommend anyone who has a passing interest in football to get FM 2014 by the way, it's absolutely addicting as hell. Not quite as in depth as the PC one (it's like the PC version from about 7 - 10 years ago), but honestly you won't regret it.
Is the football realistic or arcadey? Prefer more of a simulation myself, but might get it even if it is arcadey.

Nintyb

Banned
I don't see San Andreas on the app store. Sony Z1 here...

Found it but won't let me purchase it because it's incompatible with my device. Oh well, got six bucks for free.

Is the football realistic or arcadey? Prefer more of a simulation myself, but might get it even if it is arcadey.

For a mobile game, it's pretty realistic imo. I preferred it to the PC one (which is a bit too in depth for me). It has all the stats, proper names, etc. I'm like 10 seasons in and still having a blast.

As I said, if you played Footy manager around a decade ago on PC, you'll know exactly what you're getting. I got it in February when it was on sale for like 2.99 and have been playing solidly ever since.......

QUICK EDIT - you realise you don't actually *play* the football though right? Sorry, not sure if that's what you were asking, there is no actually football play like Fifa here, you're literally the manager.

Cang get GTA, it says im not eligible.

But when I check the country list, my country is there (Portugal), so I dont get what im doing wrong...

Wait so you can only use the credit you earn on apps/mobile games?

If so I won't bother...I rarely even touch my mobile device to game.

carlos

Cang get GTA, it says im not eligible.

But when I check the country list, my country is there (Portugal), so I dont get what im doing wrong...

I had the same problem, spent nearly an hour with customer service ( the coins weren't showing up either). I don't know what they did, but they finally managed to fix it.

kulapik

Did it from Spain. Tips for everyone:

-In order to be able to buy in the US, you'll have to go to My Device Settings (or something like that) and add the address.

-If Photo Studio and GTA don't appear, buy them from the website. No problems on my end.

Threes and Minecraft (that even returns 350 coins) are definetely on my book, thanx :3

rjinaz

Just a little something extra I noticed not relevant to this deal and might be YMMV, In the appstore on my device I had a notice that I could get 250 coins by purchasing any one of the following games listed and so I purchased Jewel Blitz Crush SE. This came with 30 coins, and I got 250 coins so minus the 99 coins for the game I got an extra 181 coins for me. Almost 2350 coins now, and I haven't spent a dime. Very nice.

prag16

Banned
Yeah, I've done it countless times. Every time they do a credit promotion for something, I get it converted to universal credit and use it.

I asked because I too have done this type of thing a couple times, and each time they gave me hell about it, arguing with me for a long enough time that I started to wonder if it was worthwhile. Maybe I've been unlucky with which reps I've gotten. But so far in the end they've done what I wanted.

My haul:

Minecraft - Pocket Edition
Monument Valley
Ninja Village
Scribblenauts Remix
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Threes!

with $9 to spare. Will wait for Wayward Souls or Hitman GO.

Thanks OP you dun gud.

dhlt25

Do you mean re-purchase with the $22 credit to get another $20? Or did you mean if you have a Kindle, just delete app, and redownload from list to get more credit?
It no longer works.I deleted GTA from my apps list and rebuy again and they just deducts another 700 coins without giving me extra

ref

Cool, I got my Galaxy Tab 3 for free, only really used it for silly games to play while at work, nothing really serious, all free downloads.

Now I can get some premium games and maybe invest a little more time into it.

Thanks OP.

I picked up FF4 and super hexagon. Will probably save the rest for some productivity app or something...

edit: also picked up Sorcery! (I had some extra points from a previous purchase incase anyone is keeping count...)

Schrade

OOh! Buy the Plex App if you haven't bought it yet. Plex is awesome and they charge for the App so this is perfect for it!

You earn 150 coins, too!

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
It is claiming my Galaxy won't run San Andreas, so it doesn't even show up in my apps when I look at the Appstore. Is there a way around this?

Just sent an email asking to get the credit transferred to universal credit. Pair this with amazon MP3 and software credit I've had sitting around forever and I'll be rolling in free dosh if this works.

rjinaz

It is claiming my Galaxy won't run San Andreas, so it doesn't even show up in my apps when I look at the Appstore. Is there a way around this?

Well I bought it from the actual website on my pc. It gives a notice it might not work but lets you purchase it anyway.

FaintDeftone

I'm wondering the same thing. I have both a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy S5 and San Andreas and Deus Ex: The Fall won't show up on my devices, yet I can buy both on the Google Play store...

SmithnCo

I keep getting "Login Issue" when opening the appstore on my android. Is there a way around this?

edit: Got it workng, had to clear data/cache on other Amazon apps for some reason. Thanks for the heads-up OP, got my credit.

Easiest $22 I've ever made! Now to find some worthy apps...

Oh cool they have A Bard's Tale for 299 coins, always wanted to play that. Might also get FFIV.

Fnord

Well, it worked but I'm still not sure I want to install the Amazon App Store.

You should. There's a free (normally pay) app every single day. Sometimes the app is crap, sometimes it's awesome. There's nothing to lose by doing it.

batbeg

Super interesting deal. So far I've grabbed Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, Minecraft: Pocket Edition, Monument Valley, and Sorcery!, with still 854 coins left over. Awesome shit.

Top Bottom