• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minh "Gooseman" Le talks a little about Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2

MayMay

Banned
Oh shit, lol. Valve is going to hunt him down.

I expect a Source 2/L4D3 announcement this year. Maybe even at E3? Not sure. It's time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"I think it's kinda public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on. And so if I were to say that yeah, I've seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn't be big news to be honest. But yeah, I mean like I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn't surprise anyone if I said they're doing it, they're working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I'd say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3."

~~~Half-Life~~~

"You know, the one thing I'm really excited about is Left 4 Dead, the new Left 4 Dead. I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that, I was like "wow, this looks great". Cos I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn't many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game."

~~~Left 4 Dead~~~

Taker34

Banned
I like this guy :D but seriously with all those leaks, it's not THAT surprising. It would be big news if he didn't see HL3 or L4D3. You know Valve is working on it.

There is nothing special about that. Valve employees are allowed to work on the project they like to work on, so SOMEBODY will always work on HL3 I guess.

StuBurns

Banned
Is there anything that really links Source to Steam besides them being made by the same studio? I don't really get the point in that regard.

He said he liked S1 much because how flexible it was, but the likes of Unity and UE do a lot of things S2 does as well, so he wouldn't be surprised if he went UE for his next game. If I got that right.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is CS:GO supposed to be the successor to CS2? Did we ever know anything about that project?

CS:GO actually began life as a port of CS:S to the PS360, but you could make the argument that it's evolved enough since then to be considered a sequel. As for CS2 as it existed back in the early 2000s, it's shrouded in secrecy.

He left Valve after his version of Counter-Strike 2 was shelved in 2008.

2008 is when he began working on Tactical Intervention in earnest, but he left Valve far earlier, back in 2002.

Artex

Banned
I hope the next Counterstrike that will likely come with HL3 isn't heavily influenced by or going in the direction of CS:GO.

"I think it's kinda public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on. And so if I were to say that yeah, I've seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn't be big news to be honest. But yeah, I mean like I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn't surprise anyone if I said they're doing it, they're working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I'd say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3."

~~~Half-Life~~~

"You know, the one thing I'm really excited about is Left 4 Dead, the new Left 4 Dead. I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that, I was like "wow, this looks great". Cos I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn't many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game."

~~~Left 4 Dead~~~

Wow. I think that's the most non-information I've ever heard.

"I saw some things. They were definitely probably thingy."

I hope the next Counterstrike that will likely come with HL3 isn't heavily influenced by or going in the direction of CS:GO.

I don't think there's going to be a new CS anytime soon. I wouldn't mind if they ported GO over to S2 though. If Valve are going to make a new MP FPS, then excluding L4D I can see them doing a new HL:DM perhaps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Btw Tactical Intervention flopped, right?

Yes, hardcore. It was released as a F2P on Steam in the past three weeks or so(?) but I haven't seen any activity on it or heard anyone talking about it.

Slowdive

Banned
Wow. I think that's the most non-information I've ever heard.

"I saw some things. They were definitely probably thingy."

Yep. We've all seen concept art for Half-Life 3 and it's pretty much a given that HL3 and L4D 3 are being worked on so nothing really new.

Mugatu

~~~Half-Life~~~

~~~Left 4 Dead~~~

Thank you!

BTW, I think he's right about HL3, he didn't say much there that wasn't widely known/assumed to be true. L4D3 is a bit different though, as others have said.

RK9039

~~~Left 4 Dead~~~

Lmao.

This is great.

PirateKing

Yeaaah, Jak and Daxter PS3 also had concept art. Doesn't mean anything but even if they're working on it, it's pretty obvious at this point.

L4D is probably going to be a F2P but let's hope for L4D3.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Saying Valve isn't working on HL3 is like saying next year there won't be a COD. Of course they're working on HL3, the beauty is, Valve has a passion for taking their time to make a quality product.

TheD

The Detective
CS:GO actually began life as a port of CS:S to the PS360, but you could make the argument that it's evolved enough since then to be considered a sequel.

That is funny, something that started out as a port to the consoles of a PC game ends up turning into a successor of said game and does extremely well (bringing the series back to glory) on PC and not on console.

This guy should be a politician, what a huge number of words to say nothing.

mjontrix

Only concept art for HF3?

Oh god have they restarted development AGAIN!

L4D3 is known to be in the works - but if HF3 has been scrapped and is being made AGAIN then that's really, really bad.

Top Bottom