• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

crimsonheadGCN
4chan's Official Representative
(05-22-2014, 12:00 PM)
Gooseman is one of the co-creators of Counter-Strike and he was asked if he had seen anything about HL3, L4D3, and S2.

http://www.twitch.tv/gorgntv/c/4263036?t=33m55s

He also talks a bit about CS:GO.

Not sure how the rest of the interview is but going to listen to it.
StuBurns
Banned
(05-22-2014, 12:03 PM)
How could he possibly be under the impression Valve have talked publicly about L4D3?
TUSR
(05-22-2014, 12:04 PM)
he gonna get in trouble?
ashecitism
(05-22-2014, 12:04 PM)
Haha, Valve never publicly acknowledged L4D3.
EzioCroft
(05-22-2014, 12:06 PM)
Oh shit, lol. Valve is going to hunt him down.

I expect a Source 2/L4D3 announcement this year. Maybe even at E3? Not sure. It's time.
Last edited by EzioCroft; 05-22-2014 at 12:08 PM.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(05-22-2014, 12:07 PM)
"I think it's kinda public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on. And so if I were to say that yeah, I've seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn't be big news to be honest. But yeah, I mean like I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn't surprise anyone if I said they're doing it, they're working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I'd say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3."

~~~Half-Life~~~

"You know, the one thing I'm really excited about is Left 4 Dead, the new Left 4 Dead. I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that, I was like "wow, this looks great". Cos I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn't many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game."

~~~Left 4 Dead~~~
Ogs
(05-22-2014, 12:08 PM)
Cant watch as at work, what juicy beans does he spill ?
ashecitism
Btw Tactical Intervention flopped, right?
FluxWaveZ
He's going to be assassinated if what he's saying is true.
Taker34
(05-22-2014, 12:09 PM)
I like this guy :D but seriously with all those leaks, it's not THAT surprising. It would be big news if he didn't see HL3 or L4D3. You know Valve is working on it.
Cato the Censor
There is nothing special about that. Valve employees are allowed to work on the project they like to work on, so SOMEBODY will always work on HL3 I guess.
crimsonheadGCN

Originally Posted by ashecitism

Yes, it pretty much did.

I wonder if he'll ever reconsider returning to Valve?

Edit: He's working on mobile games now. He's broke.
Willkiller
Cunt war veteran
(05-22-2014, 12:10 PM)
Nothing at all surprising
Saty
(05-22-2014, 12:11 PM)

It's supposed to be re-launched on Steam i think.
StuBurns
Banned
(05-22-2014, 12:12 PM)
Is there anything that really links Source to Steam besides them being made by the same studio? I don't really get the point in that regard.
Guerrillas in the Mist
(05-22-2014, 12:12 PM)

Originally Posted by FluxWaveZ

He's going to be assassinated if what he's saying is true.

I'm imagining him switching on the lights at home to find Gabe sitting on the couch with a silenced pistol.
crimsonheadGCN
(05-22-2014, 12:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Saty

He said that he's broke now. He's working with Facepunch Studios on Rust and is looking at mobile games to try and make some quick money.
meptrep

Originally Posted by crimsonheadGCN

Yes, it pretty much did.

I wonder if he'll ever reconsider returning to Valve?

Edit: He's working on mobile games now. He's broke.

Uh, isn't he working on Rust? I was pretty sure that he left the developer of Tactical Intervention...
Myggen
Oh, don't get my hopes up about HL3 again, internet :(
crimsonheadGCN
(05-22-2014, 12:14 PM)

Originally Posted by meptrep

Uh, isn't he working on Rust? I was pretty sure that he left the developer of Tactical Intervention...

Yes, he's working on Rust too.
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fired in 3... 2...
Quirah

Originally Posted by Sn4ke_911

Fired in 3... 2...

He is not working at Valve as far as I know.
Storm360
(05-22-2014, 12:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Saty

It is on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/51100/

iirc, it wasn't too bad, just the F2P model really hurt it.
crimsonheadGCN
(05-22-2014, 12:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Sn4ke_911

Fired in 3... 2...

He left Valve after his version of Counter-Strike 2 was shelved in 2008.
Quirah
(05-22-2014, 12:19 PM)

so he isn't talking about 'fresh' things right?
ThoseDeafMutes
Very good! Keep thrusting!
(05-22-2014, 12:21 PM)
Is CS:GO supposed to be the successor to CS2? Did we ever know anything about that project?
ashecitism
(05-22-2014, 12:24 PM)
He said he liked S1 much because how flexible it was, but the likes of Unity and UE do a lot of things S2 does as well, so he wouldn't be surprised if he went UE for his next game. If I got that right.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(05-22-2014, 12:24 PM)

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

Is CS:GO supposed to be the successor to CS2? Did we ever know anything about that project?

CS:GO actually began life as a port of CS:S to the PS360, but you could make the argument that it's evolved enough since then to be considered a sequel. As for CS2 as it existed back in the early 2000s, it's shrouded in secrecy.

2008 is when he began working on Tactical Intervention in earnest, but he left Valve far earlier, back in 2002.
Last edited by JaseC; 05-22-2014 at 12:26 PM.
MormaPope
(05-22-2014, 12:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Storm360

It is on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/51100/

iirc, it wasn't too bad, just the F2P model really hurt it.

It was pretty bad, I can play Free to play shooters and be entertained for a bit, after one match I uninstalled that shit instantly.
Tregard
(05-22-2014, 12:29 PM)
Essentially "These things exist and they look good"?

I'm cool with that
Artex
Banned
(05-22-2014, 12:38 PM)
I hope the next Counterstrike that will likely come with HL3 isn't heavily influenced by or going in the direction of CS:GO.
MasterBalls
(05-22-2014, 12:45 PM)

Originally Posted by EatChildren

"I think it's kinda public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on. And so if I were to say that yeah, I've seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn't be big news to be honest. But yeah, I mean like I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn't surprise anyone if I said they're doing it, they're working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I'd say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3."

~~~Half-Life~~~

"You know, the one thing I'm really excited about is Left 4 Dead, the new Left 4 Dead. I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that, I was like "wow, this looks great". Cos I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn't many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game."

~~~Left 4 Dead~~~

Wow. I think that's the most non-information I've ever heard.

"I saw some things. They were definitely probably thingy."
ashecitism
(05-22-2014, 12:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Artex

I hope the next Counterstrike that will likely come with HL3 isn't heavily influenced by or going in the direction of CS:GO.

I don't think there's going to be a new CS anytime soon. I wouldn't mind if they ported GO over to S2 though. If Valve are going to make a new MP FPS, then excluding L4D I can see them doing a new HL:DM perhaps.
crimsonheadGCN
(05-22-2014, 12:52 PM)

I don't think there's going to be a new CS anytime soon. I wouldn't mind if they ported GO over to S2 though. If Valve are going to make a new MP FPS, then excluding L4D I can see them doing a new HL:DM perhaps.

Or a new Day of Defeat.
Tinfoilhatsron
(05-22-2014, 12:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Artex

Why? What is wrong with CS:GO?
ashecitism
(05-22-2014, 12:53 PM)

Or a new Day of Defeat.

Oh snap, forgot about that.

(and so did probably Valve :p)
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(05-22-2014, 12:54 PM)

Yes, hardcore. It was released as a F2P on Steam in the past three weeks or so(?) but I haven't seen any activity on it or heard anyone talking about it.
The Lamp
Banned
(05-22-2014, 12:55 PM)
Please E3...Show me Left 4 Dead 3
Slowdive
(05-22-2014, 12:57 PM)

Originally Posted by MasterBalls

Wow. I think that's the most non-information I've ever heard.

"I saw some things. They were definitely probably thingy."

Yep. We've all seen concept art for Half-Life 3 and it's pretty much a given that HL3 and L4D 3 are being worked on so nothing really new.
Mugatu
(05-22-2014, 12:57 PM)

~~~Half-Life~~~

~~~Left 4 Dead~~~

Thank you!

BTW, I think he's right about HL3, he didn't say much there that wasn't widely known/assumed to be true. L4D3 is a bit different though, as others have said.
RK9039
(05-22-2014, 12:58 PM)

~~~Left 4 Dead~~~

Lmao.

This is great.
PirateKing
(05-22-2014, 12:58 PM)
Yeaaah, Jak and Daxter PS3 also had concept art. Doesn't mean anything but even if they're working on it, it's pretty obvious at this point.

L4D is probably going to be a F2P but let's hope for L4D3.
Easy_D
never left the stone age
(05-22-2014, 01:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Guerrillas in the Mist

I'm imagining him switching on the lights at home to find Gabe sitting on the couch with a silenced pistol.

This is GabeN we're talking about. If he's got,a weapon it's gonna be a silenced knife.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(05-22-2014, 01:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Easy_D

This is GabeN we're talking about. If he's got,a weapon it's gonna be a silenced knife.

Factory New Silenced Knife-Candy Apple.
TTUVAPOR
(05-22-2014, 01:02 PM)
Saying Valve isn't working on HL3 is like saying next year there won't be a COD. Of course they're working on HL3, the beauty is, Valve has a passion for taking their time to make a quality product.
Fadobo
(05-22-2014, 01:05 PM)

Originally Posted by EzioCroft

I expect a Source 2/L4D3 announcement this year. Maybe even at E3? Not sure. It's time.

Way overdue. It was pretty much revealed almost a year ago during the International and I was surprised they never really acknowledged that leak.
TheD
The Detective
(05-22-2014, 01:05 PM)

Originally Posted by JaseC

CS:GO actually began life as a port of CS:S to the PS360, but you could make the argument that it's evolved enough since then to be considered a sequel.

That is funny, something that started out as a port to the consoles of a PC game ends up turning into a successor of said game and does extremely well (bringing the series back to glory) on PC and not on console.
jim-jam bongs
most certainly will not be getting forcibly fucked by a gigantic canoe
(05-22-2014, 01:06 PM)

This guy should be a politician, what a huge number of words to say nothing.
Slowdive
(05-22-2014, 01:06 PM)

Originally Posted by EzioCroft

Oh shit, lol. Valve is going to hunt him down.

Are Valve even going to be at E3 this year? I hope so.
mjontrix
(05-22-2014, 01:09 PM)
Only concept art for HF3?

Oh god have they restarted development AGAIN!

L4D3 is known to be in the works - but if HF3 has been scrapped and is being made AGAIN then that's really, really bad.