• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

hitsugi

I wonder what changes they've made to the roster aside from nerfing Yun.

Probably nerf Seth since he seems to get a little something every time.

Maybe they can warp Guy's hitboxes some more in another effort to get his bushin chain to stop randomly whiffing.

Also take hard knockdown away from Ibuki's neck break and we're good.

cHaotix8

Maybe they can warp Guy's hitboxes some more in another effort to get his bushin chain to stop randomly whiffing.

This has always been the funniest request to me. Dude confirms off of 4 cr lks into target combo and people want it to hit every time. Guy's gonna be able to target combo you from half screen at this rate, lol.

hitsugi

This has always been the funniest request to me. Dude confirms off of 4 cr lks into target combo and people want it to hit every time. Guy's gonna be able to target combo you from half screen at this rate, lol.

It's funny because it's still screwed up. They've made adjustments to this in every iteration since Super, and in USF4 the hitbox is so screwed up that he can indeed hit MP~HP after 4 c.lks on (certain) crouching characters. However, it's also screwed up that it can whiff after just 2 c.lks.

I should specify I am only speaking for the MP~HP chain. I've never seen anyone go for the full bushin chain after more than 1-2 hits.

I heard about balance changes, they better not mess with my boy Evil Ryu. The angry dude is fine, leave him alone. Well maybe just a buff or two is fine, I'm OK with that.

it's a gamble sometimes cause it can still whiff. i don't know of any other character's target combo who can whiff like his

its crazy to whiff the HP at close range. (and that's not even bringing the ultra/super into this)

lol

Please buff Dhalsim.

He's gonna get bopped by dat nerf stick again

"Many players mentioned that it was just too hard to get in on Dhalsim, so we decided to increase the startup frames on b+MP and b+HK by 6 frames. To balance this though, we increased the damage by 5. People will really have to think twice before jumping in, as that damage will add up very quickly this time around"

"Oh and b+LK is now 5 frames, lolololololololol"

hitsugi

"Many players mentioned that it was just too hard to get in on Dhalsim, so we decided to increase the startup frames on b+MP and b+HK by 6 frames. To balance this though, we increased the damage by 5. People will really have to think twice before jumping in, as that damage will add up very quickly this time around"

"Oh and b+LK is now 5 frames, lolololololololol"

Sounds good to me!

vulva

The other night I was playing against the craziest Honda. I think he was ranked number 3 on PC. I know Chun v Honda is an awful match for Honda, so I'll give him credit that he might play smarter in normal matches but god damn he was a nut.

He pretty much never walked forward. He'd just do buttslam after buttslam after buttslam with the mixup of either doing headbutt or ochio immediately after. I think he got a couple games off me at first since I was in disbelief that someone ranked so high would only do such similar techniques the whole time. Then after awhile I just accepted him for what he was and the wins were consistent.

It honestly felt like playing against Fuerte though, I just couldn't understand.

hitsugi

why are you learning in ranked? i thought only i was crazy like that :eek:

I feel weird joining endless lobbies.. like I'm going for an inferior experience. But really, on PC especially, there is no point at all to grinding points after 3k or so. Get your 2-3k to look decent and quit.

Onemic

The other night I was playing against the craziest Honda. I think he was ranked number 3 on PC. I know Chun v Honda is an awful match for Honda, so I'll give him credit that he might play smarter in normal matches but god damn he was a nut.

He pretty much never walked forward. He'd just do buttslam after buttslam after buttslam with the mixup of either doing headbutt or ochio immediately after. I think he got a couple games off me at first since I was in disbelief that someone ranked so high would only do such similar techniques the whole time. Then after awhile I just accepted him for what he was and the wins were consistent.

It honestly felt like playing against Fuerte though, I just couldn't understand.

How do you beat a honda that does this?

alstein

Ochio Tick throw setups can be jumped out of/backdashed- his command grab is like Abel's but reversed (EX is throw-invincible, not regular)

The buttsplashes are - on block. Also 2nd hit can be focused for a punish.

Hondas vs a Chun are also likely to use buttsplash on wake up to punish EX SBK wake up.

Marz

I heard about balance changes, they better not mess with my boy Evil Ryu. The angry dude is fine, leave him alone. Well maybe just a buff or two is fine, I'm OK with that.

Pretty sure they will. Coming from the perspective of a Sagat player, he seems a little too good to me.

Onemic

Ochio Tick throw setups can be jumped out of/backdashed- his command grab is like Abel's but reversed (EX is throw-invincible, not regular)

The buttsplashes are - on block. Also 2nd hit can be focused for a punish.

Hondas vs a Chun are also likely to use buttsplash on wake up to punish EX SBK wake up.

Buttslam isnt negative enough that you can punish honda for it. He can actually punish you for trying anything by doing another buttslam or a headbutt.

Focusing the buttslam only works if the buttslam hit on the same side. If it hit on the other side you eat a full punish.

vulva

Basically I kept my distance as much as I could, if he got close it was just a guessing game, but at a distance he had to do some random shit to get in, so I just kept making space and punishing. I might be able to upload some of our matches. I'll get back to you on that.

hitsugi

If this upcoming patch doesn't fix the bullshit, I'm gonna explode. Frame rate plummets in training mode is fucking weak.

As far as Capcom is concerned, their patch that addressed none of the issues fixed everything. I don't expect to see any further adjustments to PC netcode

hitsugi

really? 360 is still alive and kicking. i find it hard to believe that the PS3 community is dead (i can't check, I only have 3rd Strike on PS3).

360 is by far the definitive version of the game for online play. Likely has more dedicated players than PS3+PC combined and multiplied several times.

DunpealD

Absolutely no one plays this game for PS3 anymore.

Haven't played for a while, but from what I've tried the last few years there are always matches to be found. At least in the EU.

Been playing ST lately and now I wish USF4 Ryu had something more from ST Ryu, doesn't help that Red Focus does nothing for him and delayed wakeup is a mixed bag. Being able to combo from overhead, c.HK being special cancelable, fireball trap, normal shakunetsu single hit knockdown on first frames, lp srk with tons of invincibility and tons of pushback making it kinda safe. Mindboggling differences and he got some fierce corner control.

I always thought the mule kick would be a good buff, but after ST I'd say that's the least thing he could need. If anything getting something back from ST would help him a lot more.

It was also kinda surprising to see that Sagats low tiger shot actually was a real low attack and had to be blocked low and the tons of other differences of other characters.

I have to say it's been an interesting venture into the final iteration of its competitive roots, so far.

360 is by far the definitive version of the game for online play. Likely has more dedicated players than PS3+PC combined and multiplied several times.

PC has the worst netcode, game is a ghost town, hopefully the new patch fixes some of the netcode issues otherwise this game is currently worst than MK..

hitsugi

PC has the worst netcode, game is a ghost town, hopefully the new patch fixes some of the netcode issues otherwise this game is currently worst than MK..

Unfortunately, while the PC version SHOULD by far outclass everything else (and does so in terms of offline gameplay), the netcode issues are just disgusting. It's a shame it's being ignored.

Top Bottom