• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Still looking for absolute confirmation that if you buy the Ultra DLC to upgrade your free copy of AE from PS+, you can keep the game after your PS+ expires.

PSN: Darshiro (I suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck)

You won't be able to keep AE if your PS+ expires because Ultra is just DLC.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Still looking for absolute confirmation that if you buy the Ultra DLC to upgrade your free copy of AE from PS+, you can keep the game after your PS+ expires.

You can most likely keep the DLC but not the free copy of AE.

Silky

Banned

No. You can't, because Ultra is DLC.

PSN: lethalforce656.

Probably getting the upgrade day 1. Pretty much useless at Street Fighter 4 at the most part. If anybody wants some low-level play, add me. Just mention Gaf or Street Fighter in the message, just so i know where you come from. I'm in Ireland btw.

LowParry

Well add me to the list.

PSN: Downplay

I'll get to it in August. Gives me a good month to get Wildstar out of my system :D

PC Mod my friend.

I'm loving the Tyrone Biggums one, need to download that ASAP.

Nooo, why would one put a mod on the OT OP? Spent 15 minutes googling USFIV costumes and kept getting those stupid newcomer costumes. :(

Hopefully new costumes for the rest of the characters will be actually be a thing soon... E3 or Evo perhaps?

stn

Where do we pre-order the digital version for XBL? Can people outside the US do it? I hate this pre-order garbage.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
U-U-U-U-ULTRA STREET FIGHTER FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!

I am looking forward to this quite a lot. A little disappointed that the trials aren't going to be ready straight away since I love playing through those but the new characters, Dan buffs and online training mode will be such great fun.

Tizoc

So I take it Dan really got buffed? Far as I can tell the stuff to buff him are simple buffs, but seems it helped him out with the other characers nerfs?

I'm so ready to start grinding again once this game comes out. Got a tournament to attend on the 14th so I can't wait to get started. It doesn't hurt that both my characters got better.

yurinka

My PS3 died a few weeks ago.

So please Capcom announce and release it for PS4 (and Vita too, please) soon.

With oficial arcade stick support and crossbuy for DLC, obviously.

GrayFoxPL

Bought retail SF4

Bought retail SSF4

Didn't buy AE because Fuck You Konami!

I guess I'm gonna get Ultra since everybody will be playing it.

I suck at it but hit me up

PSN: GrayFoxPL

Expect some Guile.

iE1nNKlJIoS3O.gif

What's a good arcade stick that plays nice on PC?

Any 360-compatible fightstick is fine. Depending on your budget, Madcatz or Qanba are the way to go. The former have really good discounts sometimes.

I used a Madcatz Tournament Edition S for more than four years and it's still working perfectly.

h3ro

And that Viper "costume" is pathetic, this game looks a total mess from top to bottom.

The Viper costume in the OP is a PC mod, not an official DLC costume. Those gifs are to demonstrate what a player an do with a Red Focus via a modded version of PC AE 2012.

Still waiting to find out if my PS+ copy of AE will be mine forever if I upgrade.
No. Ultra is an add-on DLC, so PS+ AE will not remain yours forever if your PS+ expires.

What's a good arcade stick that plays nice on PC?

I can tell from experience that the HRAP Vs SA Kai for the PS3 works out of the box on PC. Otherwise any 360 stick should work, or you can just buy a stick and swap the PCB.

So I take it Dan really got buffed? Far as I can tell the stuff to buff him are simple buffs, but seems it helped him out with the other characers nerfs?

Being able to build meter so quickly from taunts is a great thing, especially since you can land with a jumping taunt then do standing taunt into crouching taunt. His taunts still don't do damage but Dan can put on quite a bit of pressure with meter so it oughta make a fair bit of difference.

His close hard kick being a command normal might make it useful as anti-air? Being able to use it that little bit further out should lead to more damaging combos; in the latest change trailer he's seen linking that kick after a close standing medium punch then linking a HP.Koryuken at the end. That extra horizontal range on his dragon punch ought to make his BnBs more consistent. He's -5 after a blocked DP FADC forwards like everyone else now though.

lk.Dankicks oughta hit crouching characters more consistently as well, which will make a big difference against Blanka. I worry about how this change will impact Dan Vs grapplers though since a well spaced lk.dankick, hitting late, would keep Dan safe from reversal SPDs. Hopefully if it's just increased downward this shouldn't matter?

The increased damage for his Ultra 2 on juggled opponents is a really big deal. It used to be hilariously puny. In the Ultra build I played at Hypespotting Dan's W Ultra version of Ultra 2 still did more damage after KRK FADC combo than the same KRK FADC combo would have in AE 2012. Plus Ultra 1 breaking armour will make EX happy Balrog players more cautious on approach.

All in all I'm pretty happy with almost all the changes; I do agree with Ixion's suggestion that his far standing hard kick should have been the command normal with the default being his current cl.hk, though.

K.Sabot

To be fair, there is no disclaimer in the OP that the GIFs are footage from a heavily modified PC version of SSFAEv2012.

So I'll forgive any ignorance (and I mean ignorance in the non-offensive way).

LowParry

Hmm. Decapre is a charge character eh? Is there any similarities with her moveset against Cammy? Or entirely different?

Laconic

Banned
Is it wrong that I want to wait on the retail one just for all the costumes?

I am. It will give me time to see how the game pans out, with all of those last minute nerfs, and whether it is worth buying at all. I WAS extremely hype. Two months for PC and/or the whole package rubs me raw though. I've already bought the game three times on PS3, and twice on PC. I won't take a quadruple dip on PS3 AND a triple dip on PC, and just write it off as a double dip. Double dips ain't iterative. That'd be double dipping cubed.

Like everyone else is asking, is PS4 confirmed or was Ono just trolling again?

I'm sure it's inevitable though but after August is a looooooooooooooong wait.

KHlover

Banned
lol

Kadey should put a warning about those gifs under them, because people will continue to come here and ask about 'em

Or even better, a link to them. That Kasumi mod is amazing <3
EDIT: I SUCK at Street Fighter, but you can still add me to the list.

Steam: OP_NarutoGuy

Top Bottom