• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors : English logo + new artwork [up: full-sized images]

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~A

I thought this was thread-worthy, but if it's not, please lock...

So, we got the final English name for Hyrule Warriors. It's... Hyrule Warriors.

10380075_794902700529093_8794812446108169751_o.png

Shia is called Cia in the English version, btw. For those wondering about any potential censorship, here's a pic from the Nintendo UK press server :

Official PR :

Hyrule Warriors, the imaginative upcoming game for the Wii U console, combines the action-packed game play of Tecmo Koei’s Dynasty Warriors series with the iconic characters and worlds from The Legend of Zelda series. In addition to the focused action game play of leading one soldier against a massive horde of enemies, the Dynasty Warriors series is also known for its epic storyline. In this game, players control Link as he faces a powerful new enemy – the evil sorceress Cia – and her army to rescue the captive Princess Zelda. For the first time ever, Princess Zelda’s loyal Hyrulean Captain Impa makes her debut as a playable character. Impa equips a huge sword and can perform powerful combos to defeat enemies. Many other surprising playable characters make appearances in Hyrule Warriors, and each playable character will have signature weapons and action animations.

The first stage of the game takes place in Hyrule Field, a location that will be very familiar to fans of The Legend of Zelda series. The game-play structure of most of the stages bears a close resemblance to the Dynasty Warrior games, so Hyrule Warriors is a game that can truly be enjoyed by fans of both The Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warrior series. Players must defend or reclaim areas by fighting against hordes of enemies and using different types of flashy and powerful moves. Players will encounter new enemies such as Sorceress Cia, but some familiar enemies like Bokoblins and Lizalfos from The Legend of Zelda series will also appear in the game.

Official game page :

Cut down entire legions of enemies as Link™, Impa and other Legend of Zelda™ characters using over-the-top powerful Dynasty-Warriors-style moves. This tour de force through the beloved locales of Hyrule will have you battling the fiercest enemies in Zelda history. Think tactically and conquer missions in the most efficient way you can to save Hyrule!

The delicate balance of the Triforce has been disrupted, and Hyrule Kingdom is once again being torn apart by a dark power, this time lead by Sorceress Cia. Now it’s up to the legendary hero Link to face hordes of enemies and find the missing Princess Zelda™. Advance the story to unlock new playable characters with unique moves and weapon types. Collect Rupees and other useful items to upgrade weapons and craft badges, which you can use to bolster each warrior’s abilities. Then unleash the full power of your attacks with intense combos to clear wave after wave of Bokoblin hordes. You’ll have to get your gloves dirty to save Hyrule this time.

Play as fan-favorite characters like Link and Impa for the first time in the series!
Battle the fiercest Legend of Zelda enemies across Hyrule’s most famous locales.
Lay waste to your opponents with brutally efficient attacks and intense combos
Think tactically and complete missions in the most efficient way possible

And 1280x720 pics from 4Gamer.net (JP Website)

Vashetti

Banned
I really can't believe they're going ahead without having "Zelda" in the title somewhere.

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors, is that so hard?

95.gif

I really can't believe they're going ahead without having "Zelda" in the title somewhere.

I think that would give it an excuse to be canonical, and we wouldn't want it making Zelda canon hard to understand, now would we?

Katsuragi

Not sure I like the English logo, to be honest. It looks a bit amateurish, in my opinion. That new piece of artwork, on the other hand, is amazing!

Hasney

They tend not to on games that aren't related to a traditional Zelda. Like Links Crossbow Training.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Hmm I am starting to believe that this game will take place in the event prior to Skyward Sword.

It's a spin off so why would it have "The Legend Of Zelda" in the title?

I've never played a Warriors game before but I'm quite hyped for this one!
Are those games comparable to the Kessen games? (Btw. what happened to this series?) I remember really enjoying these games.

Forkball

They don't want this game to be associated with the deep and well thought out lore that is The Legend of Zelda.

CronoShot

That's definitely Skyloft.

But it looks like it's falling, not going into the sky. There's no imprint of it in the ground. But the statue of Hylia is with it, so it must be pre-Skyward Sword.

Hmm...

I'm pretty sure this is the first zelda related game where you can play other characters aside from Link (I'm not counting MM and the masks).

Omzz

no it makes more sense this way. if they included that people would just think it's a mainline zelda game. avoids confusion

3bdelilah

Banned
SKyloft rising? Seems like this is a prequel.

There goes my hopes of Zelda U being a SS prequel, telling the story about the ancient tribes. Yadda yadda something happens and somewhere near the ending,
as a last resort, Hylia gathers some people on a piece of land and sends it skyward, before she dies
. Too bad something with this potential is used for someting as useless (story wise) as a fighting game. Would die for a mainline Zelda that used that.

3bdelilah

Banned
No, Skyward sword Link is the First Link in the timeline. It would make absolutely no sense for this to be a prequel.

And Link from Minish Cap was the first before SS. The Hero of Time was the first before the Link from Minish Cap. Etc. etc. It might happen, you never know..

Edit: after giving it a little thought, nah it can't be Link as in the reincarnated hero Link, since it's only at the end of Skyward Sword that
Demise curses him and Zelda
. But it might easily be "just" a forefather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom