• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2014 Thread: Meet-up details in OP

_woLf

Where is the swag this year? I know where swag bags are, but I mean from booths.

Also big fish's booth is too loud :(

AcridMeat

Banned
Krae and I were talking about doing either Rhein Haus (old Von Trapp's) or The Garage for Sunday night. I've confirmed with both venues that they'll be open to the public. Sunday seems to be the best day for everyone.

Thread should be up sometime today.
This sounds really familiar lucky hahaha

krae_man

-Sunset Overdrive is awesome. Got second place.
-LBP 3 is fun. Did a 4 player demo with 3 people so it was a bit awkward
-Bloodborn looks great. I have no idea how to play. Got my ass kicked.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I'm getting real depressed right now. Was gonna go to PAX with a friend but broke my foot last week and had to bail. He's having the time of his life, high-fiving Dave Lang on the streets of Seattle and I'm sitting here with a big stupid boot on my foot trying to avoid reading all the fun things happening on twitter.

Damn it.

krae_man

Lines haven't been too bad. Only had to wait for one person to finish playing to try Captain Toad and Ori and the blind forest.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Woo, I'll meet up with you GAFfers on Sunday. I have plans for tomorrow night to do Cards Against Humanity with my coworkers, but Sunday is free, so that's perfect for me. Already met GrizzNKev, and he was awesome. Made waiting in line in the morning much more tolerable.

So what's the deal with scalpers? Are there tix available from them at the door?

I'll be in Seattle tomorrow, so I'm curious

There are plenty of scalpers in front of the main venue, always.

Bloodborne is the real deal. Prepare new pants, Souls fans.

I went back for seconds.

Firestorm

I could not for the life of me figure out where to get League of Legends codes today. Where are they?

Also apparently got a friend who needs a Sunday pass so lemme know if you're trying to dump one.

maven

Any chance somebody could check out the gaems booth and get some details about their new portable monitors (m155 / m240)?

Resolution / refresh rates / inputs / new backpack etc. there's nothing concrete online that I can find.

Much obliged.

Snoshado

Banned
I went over there 30 minutes before it ended and only had to wait 5 minutes. YMMV

Looked to be about 45 to 60 minutes normally.

Was it amazing, did you beat the demo, and did you get to hold the big ass weapons on the wall with the red lights?

Also, I got 2nd overall for the day on the Grid racing setup at the HyperX booth. Fuck yes.

I told Kyle to do his sad face and Brandon said we should stare at him.

Just another day at PAX :)

N9MTYDl.jpg

Snoshado

Banned
Sunday

"Inside Gearbox Software" @ 1030
"So our game is called Destiny. Now what?" @ 1200

I highly doubt you'll be able to attend both, even if you had someone saving you a spot in the Destiny line.

Can you film it for me? Sunday is the only day I'm not going to PAX.

kilongs

Can you film it for me? Sunday is the only day I'm not going to PAX.

Well, just so happens that they've got you covered:
Q) I'm not at PAX, any way I can experience it at home?
A) Yes! Two of the theatres will be live streamed the entire weekend.

The Main Theatre will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/pax

The Hedgehog Theatre will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/pax2

Gearbox panel is @ the Main Theatre
Bungie/Destiny panel is @ the Hedgehog Theatre

Looked through the schedule and picked out all the stuff I'd like to stream tomorrow and Sunday and only like 1/5 of it is in one of the two theaters being streamed. Curses.

This is the last year I kick myself for not actually going to the damn thing.

krae_man

Just met Adam Boyes at the Sony Inie party.

Me: *waiting to introduce myself*
Adam: *turns* hey man love that Canada shirt...OH SHIT IS THAT A NEOGAF CANADA SHIRT? Where can I get one of those?

He asked when the meetup was but is flying out before it happens :(

There's a super fun indie game called videoball in the indie area. I had a blast playing it. Hopefully I can grab some video for later. Def worth checking out.

Snoshado

Banned
I've been experiencing a strange phenomenon here at PAX where if I bump into somebody they freak out and start apologizing to me like crazy.

...shouldn't I be the one apologizing? Don't worry guy, I'm not gonna hurt you, trust me.

riotous

Banned
"The floor" wise this PAX is... incredibly underwhelming.

Am I missing something or is Sony basically a no show? All I saw was the SOE booth.

Looking up that Toronto fan EXPO.... looks like pretty much everyone devoted more resources to it.

Not to mention an almost complete lack of swag.. like I got.. nothing.. spent 4-5 hours wandering yesterday. Got the PAX swag bag that had almost nothing.. I don't care about it being "free" either.. I'd throw a dollar or 2 at every booth that had something to give.. it just seams like there is nothing to get.. last PAX by end of day one I had a lanyard covered in free pins from games and companies.

I'm not a panel guy so this may end up just being a short and kind of lame PAX for me.

Top Bottom