• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Actually PPR is on. Totally forgot since we started this thread in May. I will switch it from .5 to .25 tho. Forgot to do that after discussions

UberTag

Actually PPR is on. Totally forgot since we started this thread in May. I will switch it from .5 to .25 tho. Forgot to do that after discussions
<reviews thread and league message board> What discussions were these?
My accursed refrigerator blindness has stricken me once again.

acksman

Cloudy,

Just FYI was supposed to be in another Yahoo draft starting now and Yahoo just sent our commish a note saying they are having tech difficulties with the draft and resetting it to no date.

Just be aware, Yahoo was having these same issues last weekend.

fep

The change to .25 from .5 is a bit of a surprise...

I don't mind, but changes should be more visible and I don't remember any discussions about it.

Cloudy

Banned
<reviews thread and league message board> What discussions were these?
My accursed refrigerator blindness has stricken me once again.

The change to .25 from .5 is a bit of a surprise...

I don't mind, but changes should be more visible and I don't remember any discussions about it.

I think I'm mixing up 2 leagues in which I'm the Commish. We didn't have PPR in this league last year. In that league, we had .5 and reduced it to .25 this year

PS: Do we want to add an extra bench spot or leave it as it? For the record, I lean against this since 5 is already one more than we had last year

UberTag

I would leave things as is.
Some of us would have drafted differently with an extra bench spot available.
The last-minute PPR scoring change impacted draft strategies enough already.

Man, that's the worst post-draft projection Yahoo! has ever given me. A 3-10 record? Really?
Looks like I'll have some work to do to make the money a 4th consecutive year.

Cloudy

Banned
I would leave things as is.
Some of us would have drafted differently with an extra bench spot available.
The last-minute PPR scoring change impacted draft strategies enough already.

Well it was made before the draft. If you guys want, we can switch it back to .5 but you won't like it if my other league is anything to go by

MBison

What was the ppr last year? If it was .5 and we didn't discuss changing it then it should be .5

If we said we were lowering it to .25 then we should have lowered it

Cloudy

Banned
What was the ppr last year? If it was .5 and we didn't discuss changing it then it should be .5

If we said we were lowering it to .25 then we should have lowered it

We didn't have PPR in NQ last year. That was the confusion. If you read the first page I added it along with an extra bench spot. In my other league, we dropped the PPR from .5 to .25 cos .5 made WRs ridiculously overpowered

Cloudy

Banned
I am going to switch it back to .5 and the votes will be to keep it that way or use .25. As always non-votes = status quo

Pepiope

Tied for the best draft grade but projected to finish 6th lol.

It's also fair to leave it at .25 if that is where it was before the draft.

UberTag

Tied for the best draft grade but projected to finish 6th lol.

It's also fair to leave it at .25 if that is where it was before the draft.
It's kind of a messy situation.
It was at 0.5 up until just hours before the draft yesterday.
Then it was switched to 0.25 immediately prior to the draft which clearly impacted everyone's point projections during the drafting process (inflating certain players and depressing others).
And has since been switched BACK to 0.5 after the fact.

For instance, I drew up my draft board with a 0.5 PPR expectation and then adjusted on the fly to favor certain players with the 0.25 PPR scoring in place on draft day.
Other people clearly drafted with a 0.5 PPR expectation all the way through not realizing that the ruled had "temporarily" been changed.

It's a big mess which is why you shouldn't be tinkering with league settings on draft day no matter what the circumstances.

Cloudy

Banned
You were the first one in here complaining, though. I've put up a vote. Not sure what else you want from me

I voted for 0.5 per reception. That is what I assumed was agreed upon going into the draft. Wouldn't have changed things either way but there you go.

UberTag

You were the first one in here complaining, though. I've put up a vote. Not sure what else you want from me
I wasn't complaining. Just asked where the discussion took place.

At this point a vote is kind of fruitless as we had people drafting under two different auspices of point-scoring expectations.
I would leave it at 0.5 PPR myself.
The solution would have been to have reset the rule prior to the draft but that can't exactly happen any more.

sangreal

voted for 0.5 because that is what I thought it was when I set up my draft list. never knew it changed to 0.25. I actually like the idea of 0.25, just didn't know about it

Cloudy

Banned
It's my fault, guys and one of the perils of being commish in more than 1 league. I try to keep things as transparent as possible but maybe I'm in too many leagues this year (4 lol)

.5 actually benefits my shitty team so I'll take it :D

MBison

I couldn't resist going jumbo package with Thomas and Gronk at 32/33. Probably will regret it. Probably should have gotten an RB.

But then again i got 2nd last season and my draft was horrific. Hopefully I can convince TDs and Beer to trade me a stud again :)

UberTag

I couldn't resist going jumbo package with Thomas and Gronk at 32/33. Probably will regret it. Probably should have gotten an RB.

But then again i got 2nd last season and my draft was horrific. Hopefully I can convince TDs and Beer to trade me a stud again :)
If you're looking for extra RBs, Sangreal's the guy you want to talk to.

minx

Did I trade you McCoy at the end of the season? I can't remember the trade.

minx

Heh yeah, McCoy and Patterson for Cruz and Tate.

Pretty sure that was it. At the time I swear it didn't look that bad.
It wasn't. I believe Patterson ended the year well. I was hoping for a Cruz comeback as I had lost Blackmon due to suspension. I'm happy with some people that fell to me this year (Kap, Pitta, Moreno) but I have to remind myself when looking at my team that it's a 16 team league which I am not used to.

Bishman

I love my team. I pretty much got all my targets.

And everyone is really low on Can Newton. He will finish as a too 5 QB in fantasy.

donjezzy

So what has Manning gone it most of ya'll drafts? Im in six leagues so far and the latest I've seen him go is late first prior to this one.

minx

He's done this each of his other seasons. No reason to think that changes.

I think there are plenty of reasons to think he won't this year. I wouldn't bet he finishing top 5 if it was my money.

Welker suspended 4 games. Damn. Good news for Sanders owner.

UberTag

I appreciate the level of commitment the Commish has shown this week to spot start a bunch of guys in Week 1 at the expense of his bench depth from his draft.

He really wants the victory against me and I expect that he'll get it. (I own a lifetime 2-0 record against him spanning three seasons so this would be a first.)

Cloudy

Banned
I appreciate the level of commitment the Commish has shown this week to spot start a bunch of guys in Week 1 at the expense of his bench depth from his draft.

He really wants the victory against me and I expect that he'll get it. (I own a lifetime 2-0 record against him spanning three seasons so this would be a first.)

Haha. With my luck, I'll lose somehow. The Welker suspension works out pretty well for me if Latimore doesn't get that 3rd WR spot

UberTag

Haha. With my luck, I'll lose somehow. The Welker suspension works out pretty well for me if Latimore doesn't get that 3rd WR spot
Caldwell is going to get more targets between the 20s. Along with Tamme and Ball.
Especially in short-yardage situations and when they want Sanders to go out wide instead of playing slot.
Latimer will come into play in the red zone.

Figures that my karma would be that I'd have the worst schedule in the league this season after the easiest last season.
Going to have my work cut out for me. (Although the perk with losing some early games is that I'll have nice draft position to score some choice waiver claims.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom