• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

Got this game yesterday due to a streamer making me laugh to tears with it on Friday.

Bill Clinton invited Morgan Freeman to a mysterious meeting on the roof.

Upon getting there, a confused Morgan was only told "they're watching us" by a sunglass wearing Bill Clinton, who Morgan didn't recognize as Bill.

I died of laughter at the absurdity of it all, and thinking of real Bill Clinton doing that to real Morgan Freeman and their voices and everything lol.

This game

kubus

Don't think anyone still looks at it, but I updated the OP with the new spotpass items. I'm jealous of your wedding dress, NA! :<.

My Mii and my boyfriend's Mii finally had a child. I always had babies disabled in the Japanese version so I'm looking forward to finally seeing some new content :D.

Samus and Miyamoto are still happy together, which actually surprises me. I was sure they would be going for divorce. Kamiya and Lara Croft are getting closer marriage, too. They're an odd couple but it works.

I think Cooking Mama and Fils-a-Mech might become a thing soon.

Has anyone with a NA copy unlocked a fez? I'd really like one for my 11th Doctor and would be ever so grateful if someone could provide me a QR code with one on it.

BooJoh

Has anyone with a NA copy unlocked a fez? I'd really like one for my 11th Doctor and would be ever so grateful if someone could provide me a QR code with one on it.

I have the fez in red. If you give me a QR of the character I can give him a fez and make a QR of that.

Machine

Here's a fez for you.
10445512_10204172324688171_689820999805757329_n.jpg

BooJoh

I don't think I'll be able to import the same character back in though. That's why I figured I'd just ask for a random character wearing one.

When you import a character via QR, they still have the items they were wearing and their room, but those things aren't added to your catalog to rebuy, so you can't trade items that way.

When you import a character via QR, they still have the items they were wearing and their room, but those things aren't added to your catalog to rebuy, so you can't trade items that way.

Aww man... I had added someone via QR a few days ago and their outfit appeared in my shop the very next day, but I guess it was just a coincidence. :/

Well, anyway, here's my Doctor if anyone wants him:

kunonabi

This might be my favorite 3DS game. It's eerie how things are working out so close to how my residents and friends actually are.

SeZMehK

I was looking at my mii's and my wife's mii's friend list since they are a couple. My mii is in love while my wife's mii wants to get married. I wonder what is holding back my mii from going to the next level. Lol.

Hannibal Lecter and Screamy McScreamerson are my first horror-themed couple. Buster Bluth and Whoopi Goldberg also recently gave Cannibal Island its first birth, with many more to come soon (I hope).

Does anyone know why my Mii is consistently at the bottom of the Boy Charm list?

Kyzon

Hannibal Lecter and Screamy McScreamerson are my first horror-themed couple. Buster Bluth and Whoopi Goldberg also recently gave Cannibal Island its first birth, with many more to come soon (I hope).

Does anyone know why my Mii is consistently at the bottom of the Boy Charm list?

Mine just went up to 15th. I was dead last though with a score of like -26

zroid

Banned
My lookalike has pretty much topped the Boy Charm list since the start :lol

it was a slow climb for popularity though :p

I've leveled up my look-alike's happiness/spent enough money on her to the point that I no longer get hair dye/frying pans/cold medicine, etc. anymore. Instead she's giving me gold and silver coins. I like the cash, but if this happens with every Mii, it's going to constrain the supply of medicine and other semi-necessary things.

Also, does anyone know what unlocks the interiors in the "special" category? They just seem to show up randomly. Currently my Mii's rocking the prehistoric look, and it is the best.

McNum

Aw, Duke Nukem broke up with Rosalina. And I got a montage of the "good times" they had together. Running along the beach, Rosalina telling horrible, horrible jokes. I then remember someone got paid to write those incredibly awful puns and that makes it even more funny. *holds up a mushroom* "I was thinking of making this my home, but there wasn't much room. Still, I'm a funghi." Ouch, Rosalina, just ouch.

It then ended with a pretty sad image of Rosalina just sitting on the beach alone.

In other relationship news, Rarity and Dracula's seem to be cooling off. And in what can only be the most awesome random event ever, Rarity and Dracula got into a fight... over garlic. Well done Tomodachi Life!

I gotta say, having Dracula on the island is a source of much silliness. "I feel totally relaxed around Dracula." "I heard Dracula wants to be friends!" "I want to introduce someone to Dracula." "Did anyone hear a loud noise coming from Dracula's room last night?" It's like my entire island is inhabited by those people who get eaten in vampire movies. Except Dracula is kind of a nice guy here. That just makes it even more funny.

Also, Ganondorf is a giraffe. Because of course he is.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Asking again..

Thinking about picking this up because of this thread. Is it really that good??
If you love collecting stuff, it's immense fun to see what new things appear each day. It's a great game to have running when playing another game/watching something since events happen frequently.

Chaos17

Asking again..

Thinking about picking this up because of this thread. Is it really that good??

The random events between the Miis help to not get bored, see my post above about the fishing event for an example.

Also if you like fan fictions, this game will help you achieve a bit your "dreams". You can add up 100 Mii if I'm not wrong, so there're a lot of place for your "imagination".

Taking care of Mii do not take long, it's lke you can play between 5 or 10 mins close the game and come back later to check if they're some events. That's not a game where you can play non stop for 10 hours like other classical games. Just play when you like, there is no negative effect if couldn't sell your tunrnips before the shop close.

You main hobby in this game is stalking, lol.
It's fun for me at the moment because it's new but I don't know what will happen in 3 months. I almost forget, you're not comited like in Animal crossing to farm to make money, money is given by the Mii when you make them happy. This money is to buy new stuffs for the Miis.

kubus

How do I get the spot pass item? I have the docks, but it doesn't let me do anything at them
It'll show up in the Import Shop. You can tell which ones come by SpotPass because they'll have a little blue SP next to it (versus green SP for StreetPassing).

I think you'll automatically get a Mii News report about it too.

If you're still early in the game, you might have to unlock it first though. Did you get a barrage of questions to determine your streetpass item yet?

Woooooo I got the Sailor Dress! Sailor Scouts time!!!

Envyyy! I need it for my sailor senshi team ;_; they are almost right bar for the fact I currently have them in civillian clothing.

Chibibecky and Eggman don't seem to hang out much after being married, but Nikki and Tails go almost everywhere together right now, found them sleeping on the bench tonight at the observation tower, Nikki was snuggled up next to him and everything.

Apparently my fiancee and Sonic became best friends, though I've never really seen them hang out together. Hum

pariah164

Ahahahaha WOW.

So, Paulink decided to confess to Pinkie. He goes to the beach, sings her a song... And then up pops Reggie. Expected him.

Did not expect Mich to pop out of the water.

She chose Paulink in the end, but geez. Pinkie you minx, I had no idea.

Top Bottom