• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

MicH

I went by what we knew from her notes on swapnote, she liked beaches - a bit of sport and was always cheerful. So she's an energetic extrovert in my game, but could also work as an easy going optimist.
This is the exact personality she has in mine. And speaking of Nikki, I just discovered her absolute favorite food - and it was the first thing I fed her too! Wow. She blasted off into space!

Robin64

StreetPass has been set up on my game and my island (Serenity Island) is exporting this Phantom Outfit.

hni_0006_jpg8kug3.jpg

daydream

Banned
Really tempted to get this even if without trying a demo (not to mention the list of people looking for a code has gotten pretty big). Guess it'll depend on my mood tomorrow.

bjork

I was initially going to hop on this at midnight, but the scores being all over the place has me feeling hesitant. I may wait for some more gameplay videos or something.

BooJoh

Find the Mii in Mii Plaza. Check their info and choose Mii Maker

A warning about doing this: If you do it with a gold pants Mii they'll be removed from your Mii Plaza and you won't be able to hire them for your StreetPass games anymore.

I was initially going to hop on this at midnight, but the scores being all over the place has me feeling hesitant. I may wait for some more gameplay videos or something.

I think how much you get out of it really depends on how much you enjoy these sorts of games, looking at what Tomomachi has offered me in the past 24 hours, it's certainly not got the insane level of item collecting that Animal Crossing has and is a bit limited, but if your looking for something slice of life, that isn't demanding you put the hours in for things like fish and bugs, and can easilly fit into a 5-10 minute play window. Tomodachi is worth the punt.

It's certainly not a game in any traditional sense. There's no goal or much in the way of playing, you just set a bunch of virtual characters up on a island, set their personalities and see where it goes. Player interaction is generally on encouraging/discouraging a characters stated intention, or fufilling a need.

It's something I can see myself jumping into regularly, and assuming that theres no penalties for skipping a few days. That might make it last longer than Animal Crossing, where the need to keep checking in usually turns me off once I start to get bored.

Side note: there's a Spotpass Marathon outfit now available till the 15th of June for EU. The spotpass notification will open your import store + allow you to buy your own island import item

Gabe3208

Banned
One more hour to go. Just woke up my girl to finish adding some last minute Miis to our 3DS' so we can fill our island up!!!

ryushe

Hmm, still on the fence. Reviews aren't helping either, though I have a feeling they wouldn't "get" this "game".

dogbowl

How much space does the download take up?

edit: thread is moving fast! got the answer to my question before it was even posted!

edit edit: Its nowhere near 9000 blocks. its just over 3000. Get it right, junior!

Effect

If you don't have a lot of Miis created for your system you have to create them all for the game right or will the game randomly create some?

Dumb Question because I didn't see it answered in the thread, but is there anyway to mark Mii's as family because I don't want my mii to make miibabies with my sister or my g/f & her brother to do the same... Other than that though this game seems hype!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Dumb Question because I didn't see it answered in the thread, but is there anyway to mark Mii's as family because I don't want my mii to make miibabies with my sister or my g/f & her brother to do the same... Other than that though this game seems hype!
Yes, there is a familial relationship option.

McNum

So far I got my self-Mii, an old character from City of Heroes, Nikki, and Luigi living on my island. I need some ideas for more. Especially male Miis.

And, yes, the first thing Luigi did was walk down to the ocean and give it a good staring. I think I nailed his personality quite well. He's a Go Getter.

kubus

Just under 9,000 blocks
edit edit: Its nowhere near 9000 blocks. its just over 3000. Get it right, junior!
I think the European version includes many languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian... Maybe there's the difference? Each language has their own voice synthesizer so that could add up pretty fast I guess.

how do i add QR code miis?
Go to your Town Hall, you can import Miis there!

aravuus

But they won't even be able to kill each other

what's the point :(

Literally that lol. Would be refreshing to see all your favorite characters live a fulfilling and happy life with the others.

I'd love to do this in fact, I'm starting to want the game even more

Van

I think the European version includes many languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian... Maybe there's the difference? Each language has their own voice synthesizer so that could add up pretty fast I guess.

Go to your Town Hall, you can import Miis there!

im a idiot, and i need to go to bed, thanks:D

Can't wait to play it!

I'm sure this game would've been way more interesting with gay relationships, but it's great enough on its own.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
My second move-in was Iwata. I leave him alone for two seconds and, I kid you not, he gets sick. By sheer coincidence. I gave him some cold medicine, stat.

I'm off to make more Miis. I gotta whip up the CIA guy from the Dark Knight Rises.

Top Bottom