• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best current TV Shows no one is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

Story itself is a bit meh but whatever.

DAFUQ DID YOU JUST SAY

yes i'm mad, my mind was blown so many times by this show

checked out rectify few weeks ago, it was pretty good, but it's too "slow", hopefully shit gets real on 2nd season

i'm super excited about utopia season 2, has there been any news on when it's gonna air?

didn't know fargo already started, guess i'll take a look

Qvoth

should i check out the returned or resurrection?
also anyone can recommend some good british shows of recent years? i really liked sherlock, luther and utopia

Happy Valley.
Yisssss. One of the best dramas the BBC has made for quite a while, it's really fantastic. It starts off very Fargo-ish, the basic structure of the plot to begin with is very similar but it takes it in its own, really gripping direction. Sarah Lancashire is brilliant, too.

Bold One

YES. I never finished the first series though... :(

lol there's only 6 episodes

and they're all really good,

gruesome premise

utopiat.jpg

utopia was pretty cool but holy shit at that welsh lady. that might be the WOAT accent. she made some scenes hard to get through.

Continuum. Season 1 has just appeared on Netflix in the Netherlands, and it's surprisingly good and thought-provoking. And yet no reviews or discussions about the show can be found anywhere.

I tried Continuum for a season and a half and Orphan Black for 7 episodes but I quit both of them. They're OK, but pale to the intensity of Fringe. I'm still searching for a decent replacement.

Bold One

I tried Continuum for a season and a half and Orphan Black for 7 episodes but I quit both of them. They're OK, but pale to the intensity of Fringe. I'm still searching for a decent replacement.

I know the feel, I only made it past 1 ep of Orphan Black and 5 of Continuum, but they both lack that unique hook that FRINGE provided.

still trying to find a replacement for 30 Rock especially now that Community is no more

breakfuss

Has Fargo caught on yet? I know we have an OT here but I mean mainstream wise? God that show is brilliant.

Luther is much better than I expected. Not sure if that's been renewed for another season. Borgen (Danish) is apparently really good but it hasn't come to the States yet. I'll be checking for that.

Has Fargo caught on yet? I know we have an OT here but I mean mainstream wise? God that show is brilliant.

Luther is much better than I expected. Not sure if that's been renewed for another season. Borgen (Danish) is apparently really good but it hasn't come to the States yet. I'll be checking for that.

It hasn't.

1336506274459_xfinity_episodes_2x1_overlay_640_320.jpg

3 amazing seasons. and no one cares.

I care!

Episodes, too. Great British comedic talent like Stephen Mangan and Tamsin Greig (Green Wing) go overseas to USA to write a tv show, Matt LeBlanc from Friends plays himself.

db2bbe1517c93712_episodes-main.jpg

About Utopia:
I watched the first episode last summer and just couldn't keep on going with it. It's like the weirdest shit I've ever seen (probably going to finish soon, I still remember everything from Ep1).

Yup, it'll stick in your head. Best music in a TV show.

iWZuORgALjmTc.jpg

Yaari

Happy to have found this thread. With both Boardwalk Empire and SoA ending recently, I had find myself somewhat sad that I had no new series to look forward to, but this thread will help me.

Selfie.

...guys, please don't go, hear me out! I know the the pilot was atrocious and deserved the hate it got, but since around episode 4 the show finally got an idea what to do with the supporting cast and since then it got so much better you wouldn't even believe it. I myself wouldn't if I hadn't seen it. The two leads have mad chemistry. Karen Gillan made a potentially annoying character extremely endearing, simultaneously adorable and sexy. John Cho plays a very uptight guy and still gives him such a huge amount of charm and hotness. And the budding romance between the two feels very natural and heartfelt, wrapping it in hilarious comedy.

I'm just not ready to part with these characters yet. I'm hoping some miracle (hulu?) saves it and maybe someday will see a second season. For now, you can watch unaired episodes on abc.com or hulu. So far, every episode was better than the last. Seriously, it's such a great underrated show!
#SaveSelfie ;(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
  • Justified, Timothy Olyphant is badass, and I'm utterly sad no one talks about the show.
  • Utopia

Justified is one of the most hyped shows on Gaf, what the fuck are you on about?

The season hasnt started yet so of course no one is talking about it right now :)

I will go with one of my new guilty pleasures, Forever. Its your run of the mill police procedural but I like the premise, and I like the actors. And I like procedurals :p

Im sure most people hate it tho, probably with good reason

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Close tie between Rectify, Hannibal and The Knick. Although Hannibal gets good buzz in the right circles, Hannibal-Gaf is pretty active.

But in person, I've met barely anyone that watches any of those shows. I have one friend who is into Hannibal, and I got someone else hooked to it. But otherwise I've never even heard someone mention it before. If I mention The Knick or Rectify, people just give blank stares.

Darryl

Banned
Nathan For You. Such a brilliant show. I wish more people have seen it.

A lot of people love Sunny

Never enough of course, but it is def popular

Always Sunny is discussed to death in my experience. it's a very easy show to talk about and relate situations to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom