• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 spotted on Steam Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
2375777-5063718573-1ymos2m.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OH MY....LOL!

npa189

Give me a xbone pad and this please! it would just be such an unexpected shock/surprise, its like they are remembering windows for once.

Give me a xbone pad and this please! it would just be such an unexpected shock/surprise, its like they are remembering windows for once.
Pretty sure that's exactly what's going to happen, given Nelson's "very soon" post last week in regards to Xbone controller drivers.

antitrop

Will buy for fairly cheaply. The Dead Rising game don't hold my attention long, but they're fun to mess around with for a while.

Salsa

Is there a list of steamdb entries that wound up being teases? I know about the Halo games.

not a lot. Halo were the most popular ones

Splosion Man was there for a long time and we never got it. We got Ms. Splosion Man

again, none of the games that didnt came out had their header image there like Dead Rising 3 does now. That's pretty telling.

Holy shit. I was super pissed that it seemed as if they were skipping out on DR3 PC after having DR2 on PC. I even had to stop myself from watching any footage of the game after release cause it would only piss me off even more lol.

Will pre-order this the second I find out it's available, gonna feel so good going into it completely fresh.

In a perfect world there would be no exclusives and everyone would enjoy the games on their platform of choice.

This is hopefully true and reminds me about the steam info about Halo 1-3. When's that coming grief?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's legit in that it's in the Steam registry.

Whether or not that means it will actually release on Steam... maybe. There's a better chance now that it will than there was, but there have been games on the Steam Registry for years that have never released (like the Halo games).

I can't personally recall any games in the Steam registry that have people actively testing them over a period of time, and have a banner image, and have not been released.

We're also just past 6 months since the game launched on Xbox One, and thus coming up on other contractual end-dates like 9 months or 12 months, and just before E3, which could be an opportunity to announce the port.

Salsa

there arent that many database entries that didnt get released period

people often say "there's tons of stuff in there that never got released!" .. not really true at all

some games took time, but they all released, except for something like the Halos

the Halo database thing happened at the same time as a bunch of other games and they all came out/got announced, and some didnt even had banners or people testing them

this thing is a lock

prudislav

Sometimes i dont really understand capcom :) They release almost every console oriented game on steam(even fighters and DMC) except RPG (Dragon's Dogma)

as for DR3 I am not really sure - heard some bad things about it

Pity I already bought the on Xbox. If I'd known I would've waited. Oh well ...... it was enjoyable on that platform, so no harm no foul.

Kssio_Aug

Well, I guess its good news, since everyone now will be able to play this game (and its pure fun). But I dont think its a good idea for Xbox One to release its biggest titles on PC, I hope it doesnt become so frequent.

Arkanius

Thank you Microsoft!
I don't have an Xbox One, and I was ripped apart knowing that I wouldn't be able to play DR3
(Dead Rising 1 was one of my favorite Xbox 360 exclusives)

Nabs

there arent that many database entries that didnt get released period

people often say "there's tons of stuff in there that never got released!" .. not really true at all

some games took time, but they all released, except for something like the Halos

the Halo database thing happened at the same time as a bunch of other games and they all came out/got announced, and some didnt even had banners or people testing them

this thing is a lock

All I can think of is the Halo thing, and that's probably complicated. Everything else has either been announced or released.

Well, I guess its good news, since everyone now will be able to play this game (and its pure fun). But I dont think its a good idea for Xbox One to release its biggest titles on PC, I hope it doesnt become so frequent.

This kind of stuff always catches me off guard.

Lulubop

It's a great idea. I hope it becomes more frequent. I'm even fine with waiting 6 or more months.

Pity I already bought the on Xbox. If I'd known I would've waited. Oh well ...... it was enjoyable on that platform, so no harm no foul.

Yeah, exactly what I'm thinking. Folk who bought it for Xbox One would've had an enjoyable time.

Those of us yet to hope on the XONE train, can now enjoy this @ 1080p (I know I will).

Looks like I'll get my XONE this month for Ryse and Killer Instinct, which should hold me over until later this year when Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo 2 Anniversary hit.

as for DR3 I am not really sure - heard some bad things about it
Like what? It's as "bad" as the other Dead Rising games. I.E. Survivor AI is still garbage, and gameplay is still a bit of a wonky mess.

But it's still Dead Rising, and it's still fun.
The only truly negative thing I have to say about it is that the psychos were incredibly lame compared to the ones in 2. And that it was quite a bit easier than the other ones.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Seems like a weird thing to hope for.

"I hope these other people don't get to experience these games."

Kssio_Aug

It's a great idea. I hope it becomes more frequent. I'm even fine with waiting 6 or more months.

No it isnt. It is a good idea for the players and Capcom, but not for Xbox One image.
Edit: I mean. Yeah, its a good idea to release it on most platforms possible, just not a good idea for Xbox One. Consoles needs exclusivity after all.

And here we go... people putting words on my mouth.

Gestault

I know most people see a flame-throwing cock and balls, but all I see is crushed blacks.

This may surprise some out there, but having blacks visible in a scene isn't the same as crushed blacks. The distribution of that scene looks good, particularly considering it's been converted to a gif.

I'm with him in a way, but my conscience is split.

My first allegiance is to my PC, so I will gladly take exclusives like DR3 on Steam.

On the other hand, no platform worth it's salt has it's biggest games on PC. That defeats the purpose of exclusives, which is now the only reason I invest in consoles.

RdN

Fantastic news. Looks like Microsoft really wasn't kidding when they said they'd take PC gaming more seriously. Too bad sine people will use this to further bash on the XBO.

Nevadatan

And im still waiting for Halo 3.
taking the steam database as fact can be hit and miss, so i dont get my hopes high.

Nzyme32

Hopefully they port it well and have good settings in there. If this is MS' doing, Xbox One controller drivers and some games along side it would be a decent plan. Good to see them continue to embrace Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom