• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity picture released and art leaked

dex3108

New day new image

10301181_511001129000801_1963223610449836156_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/AccessTheA...36156_n.jpg&size=720,264&fbid=511001129000801

Genio88

The graphics looks really good, the npc models, expecially the legs, are not as good as the room detail though. I'm looking forward to see it at E3, AC4 was also good gameplay wise.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
it's a bit old but for those who haven't seen it yet, screencap from a leaked gameplay vid.

1395417634-snapshot20d7sq4.jpg

I just hope that we haven't been fed bullshots like so many previous Ubisoft games.

And frankly until the title is in reviewers hands I'm gonna have a hard time taking your companies promises.
Didn't digital foundry conclude that I high - end pcs the game delivered on its promises?

All that crap that happened prior to the game was beta testers leaking footage that they were told was unfinished.

MayMay

Banned
Since when is concept artwork for a game so detailed?

This is official artwork from AC3.

#TeamGameplay

It depends on the concept artist. That ACU picture looks like it contains a few 3D Assets, but they've been painted over. No uncommon practice, btw. So, for example a screenshot that has been painted over by a concept artist as a target for the other artists or something. Still, that'd be a concept art then and no gameplay

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It depends on the concept artist. That ACU picture looks like it contains a few 3D Assets, but they've been painted over. No uncommon practice, btw. So, for example a screenshot that has been painted over by a concept artist as a target for the other artists or something. Still, that'd be a concept art then and no gameplay

I stand corrected.

Oh my god, it's a painting, stop it. The gameplay scenes we have are DAMN impressive, but that image is painted. Unity is not going to have paintlines on wood and dappled light off light bars instead of proper lighting.

Yep pretty much this. It definitely looks like a paint over of a screenshot, as the layout and shape of the buildings look like they could be in-game (particularly the one in the distance).
However, there's way too much detail on top of the geometry, i mean look at that road.

So yeah, I think it was originally a screenshot, but it's been painted over - that way the artist knows the perspective is spot on, and how light bounces around the scene.

Sojgat

it's a bit old but for those who haven't seen it yet, screencap from a leaked gameplay vid.

It's a painted image, the composition is just designed to mimic the in-game camera. The black panels aren't obscuring the HUD, there is no HUD. Look at the light in the windows, the chair beneath them, the signs on the right, the figures in the distance. It's not like you need some sort of trained eye, it should be painfully obvious to anyone.

Harlequin

I was a bit skeptical abotu whether this scene was ingame before, due to the other teaser screens released but this one makes me think it is ingame. Those glass shard particles just don't look like something you'd see in one of Ubisoft's pre-rendered trailers.

I thought this was fake/fanmade?

ekim

It's a painted image, the composition is just designed to mimic the in-game camera. The black panels aren't obscuring the HUD, there is no HUD. Look at the light in the windows, the chair beneath them, the signs on the right, the figures in the distance. It's not like you need some sort of trained eye, it should be painfully obvious to anyone.

The bad wood texture(?) on the left tho.

cackhyena

Since when is concept artwork for a game so detailed?

#TeamGameplay

I never said concept art. Even then, there are very detailed concept arts out there. Some are asked to fully flesh out a scene. Others are sketchier just for placement and "feel". Either way, that screen isn't from the game.

dex3108

Take it easy guys and girls. We are only 2 days away from first gameplay footage then you can comment graphic etc. :D

Theecliff

Banned
Here is leaked images kotaku posted a while back

That is pretty much the minimum of what I'm expecting it to look like.
Those leaked images are from the game in a clearly unfinished state. Hell, you can even see an untextured cube used in place of a building and some random red blocks where the river should be in the first picture.

The final game will no doubt look much better than that.

Edit: Could be an unfinished build of the last gen version, too.

Top Bottom