• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Absolute Despair Girl: Danganronpa Another Episode Trailer

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Need to know if there's any spoilers relating to 1 or especially 2, though from what I understand it's suppose to take place between the two games? Heck, not even gonna look at the related videos.

There is a character spoiler from DR1, yes
Oh, you mean the fact that
Genocide Jill is in it
? Ah, okay, but it seems it would be wise not to watch this until you finish the first game.

TimmiT

I remember reading what this game was about before playing Danganronpa. Definitely don't recommend doing the same as the plot is already a huge spoiler.

Fireblend

Banned
I'd say this goes beyond the first Danganronpa's story, since it pretty much resolves the open ending of the game. Sucks that I have to play a FPS (and a seemingly shitty one at that) to know what happened between DR 1 and 2 :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just watched, glad to see we finally got some gameplay considering he got a screenshot or two a year ago with the confirmation & that was it. Looks decent & hopefully will fill some more details in. Now I just wonder when we'll see this in the US.

I remember reading what this game was about before playing Danganronpa. Definitely don't recommend doing the same as the plot is already a huge spoiler.

It spoils one of the major plot twist, so definitely risky.

As in that the
world has to gone into a destructive dystopian shit because Despair and Monokumas

Squishy3

Wait, you get to play as DR1 spoilers:
Genocide Jill? And it's basically a bootleg character action game? COUNT ME IN

Don't watch if you haven't beaten Danganronpa 1 basically.

This looks in interesting, I guess it's sort of a direct sequel to the first game set in the outside world after they escape.

The gameplay looks fairly basic at the moment, although a few elements of that trailer made me wonder if this might end up being more of a puzzle game than a shooter. I quite like the visual style it's going for though, they seem to have done a decent enough job at capturing the style of the 2D art, especially with Monokuma.

The gameplay sections seem a bit clunky but honestly, I'm here more for the story than the gameplay.
I hope we'll get lots of new details and an overall story on par with the main games.

Nachos

The trailer, by nature, has spoilers for chapter two and the ending of DR1.

As for where this fits chronologically,
it looks to take place before 1 and 2.

I will definite get this if it is localized, if for no other reason than who the playable characters are. I am curious to see the story as well.

BiggNife

Well that's... kinda disappointing, story wise.

(DR1 Spoilers)
honestly, I was hoping they would never be explicit with what happened after DR1's ending - I think the ambiguity of whether or not Junko was lying and the fact that it doesn't matter as long as they have hope for the future is a lot more interesting then just being upfront with it.

(DR1 Spoilers)
honestly, I was hoping they would never be explicit with what happened after DR1's ending - I think the ambiguity of whether or not Junko was lying and the fact that it doesn't matter as long as they have hope for the future is a lot more interesting then just being upfront with it.

Well... considering that DR2
officially legitimatizes the dystopian future and is actively showcasing what the cast are doing in light of those problems.
... well, yeah.

DR2 spoilers, obviously.

BiggNife

officially legitimatizes the dystopian future and is actively showcasing what the cast are doing in light of those problems.
... well, yeah.

DR2 spoilers, obviously.

Yeah, I looked at the DR wiki and saw that it was first revealed in DR2. Doesn't make it any less disappointing.

Vylash

... well, yeah.

DR2 spoilers, obviously.

Ugh must resist clicking spoiler tag, only 3 more months...

You know, after playing DR1 and reading Danganronpa IF, I think (DR1 & IF spoiler)
Mukuro would have been a perfect fit for this game.

Holy fuck this is the first time in a year we've seen anything from this game. I think the last time was during Sony Japan's PS Vita Conference last year.

Also yeah at the beginning of the trailer they spoil who survives Danganronpa 1. There's a maybe spoiler for Danganronpa 2.

They still have those nice character portraits and Naegi's sister looks cute.

The trailer, by nature, has spoilers for chapter two and the ending of DR1.

As for where this fits chronologically,
it looks to take place before 1 and 2.

SDR2 Spoilers:
It looks like it takes place at a time where Monokuma or DESPAIR is starting to destroy the world. There's a scene in the trailer where Naegi's Imouto is running past a bunch of Monokuma's and a city is getting destroyed in the background. Unless that's all bullshit of course.

Lijik

It looks clunky but im intrigued by some of the concepts like shooting a car to make it mow down a wave of monokumas

Clov

(DR1 Spoilers)

The way I think of it (DR1 spoilers)
the conclusion is only meaningful because the world has been completely destroyed. It's the fact that despite knowing that the world outside has been ruined the group still manages to hold onto hope that defeats Junko's despair. Essentially they're going out to forge their own meaning within a meaningless world, instead of giving in to Junko's nihilism.

Weiss

Banned
Does it really look that bad? It seems to be faithfully taking after Danganronpa's macabre atmosphere, and RE Revelations showed that you can do great over the shoulder shooters on portables.

Top Bottom