• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Paul just turned on my XBox one

-MD-

In this thread I learned some people on NeoGAF never heard any type of slang in their life :)

You learn something new everyday.

So because we've never heard of "cut on" we've never heard any other slang in our lives?

I learned something new from your post.

Am_I_Evil

something similar happened day one when i was trying to figure out how to scan a code...

i remembered the Major video and found it...while playing the vid he says "XBOX use a code" and while that was what i was looking for him saying it was enough and it popped up on my xbox...

i guess they figure this won't matter since they want people to watch TV though the box and most will already be on (they hope)

When I first read the thread I though he was watching TV on his Xbox One and it cut to a commercial in the middle of his show (like the system overlayed a commercial over the TV app). Guess I misunderstood "cut on."

Don't feel bad Southern folk. One of the weirdest days of my life was when I found out Americans don't use the word 'touque' opting for 'hat' or 'cap.'

JeffG

I thought the Kinect had to be calibrated to your voice before it would recognize your voice commands.

Its not calibrated for an individual voice. Anyone can say "XBox On"

The bigger question is why doesn't the op have the Xbox already on controlling his media experience.

Xbox cook

2cmqknn.gif

Aaron Paul must not be getting much acting work if he has to stoop to doing Xbox commercials.

The best part is that the commercial's entire conceit is that he's so busy now after being on Breaking Bad that he just can't find the time to game any more and his phone is always ringing off the hook with job offers. It's hilarious.

And to add to this horrible conversation, I say/hear "cut out" all the time like, "son of a bitch the cable just cut out" not so much "cut in" though

Never heard about this either.

Touque is a Canadian word for a hat that is basically the American of a beenie hat:

Touques+finished+2.jpg

In Canada, the knit cap is also known as a tuque (pronounced /ˈtuːk/; also spelled touque or toque), a word closely related to the French word toque, originally referring to a traditional headwear and now used for type of chef's hat (short for toque blanche, meaning "white hat").

Whoa. Some sort of strange racism?
Not at all, I laid out my reasoning for why I find the phrase idiotic in my other posts in this thread that you can easily read by reading the rest of the thread. I don't know how you automatically jumped to racism and you can go through my posting history going back to 2007 and not find one thing I've ever said that was ever remotely racist.

From my experience living in LA, I've known it as ghetto slang. Most of which actually makes sense when you break it down like I said.

Well I'm glad your XBOX One is that responsive. Mine wont even turn on with the effin controller. I have to walk up to it and and turn it on. I mean... how the hell does the controller not power it on?

Well Im from Canada and I have no idea what you guys are talkin aboot. I think Aaron Pauls got mad steez and I would be pretty stoked if he turned on my xbax.

JaggedSac

Not at all, I laid out my reasoning for why I find the phrase idiotic in my other posts in this thread. I don't know how you automatically jumped to racism and you can go through my posting history going back to 2007 and not find one thing I've ever said that was ever remotely racist.

From my experience living in LA, I've known it as ghetto slang. Most of which actually makes sense like I said.

I was just busting your balls(assuming you are a male). But it is certainly not a term restricted to lower income people, so your comments certainly are ignorant.

My favorite part of the ad was that the Xbox One was not on at all when they cut to it. Also, the interface changes colors from the home screen and snapping. You would think someone would catch these mistakes lol.

Well, let's just hope you never run across a commercial that for some reason says "Xbox ram my bum with a steam powered dildo." Unless yer into that kind of thing of course.

Top Bottom